EXACT way to get the hell's redeemer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still experimenting with this one. What I just did was after I got the retriever I used it on the island, when I threw it and got kill #14-16, I got the sound. Then I went to the bridge, where I used only HR for 2 rounds, getting 59 kills I didn't hear the special sound and when I went back to the island the retriever wouldn't go into the pit. Next time I'm going to see if the retriever will go into the pit without going to the bridge, after, I presume, kill#15.

Just did another test. Round 4 I got the T-hawk, and used it in round 5, at the 15-16th kill I heard the sound, so I checked if the pit could be used, it doesn't work. Then I went to the GG bridge and went through round 6-9 using just the T-hawk for 121 kills, with no sound. I used my gun and T-hawk till R10 was almost ended and went back to Alcatraz. The pit still didn't take the T-hawk. On round 16 I returned to the GG bridge where I shot the guards and T-hawked 47 zombies when I got the sound. I got through round 17, returned to Alcatraz and stuck the T-hawk in the pit. I still don't know what the trigger for this is, I'm going to keep working on it.

I'm suspicious that perhaps it only works at or after round 15.

Sorry for the late answer, I got quite busy in the last days but hopefully I can clarify some things for you.

One thing that to add is when you return to Alcatraz and throw your hawk into the pit you must get your Hells Redeemer before the next full round is over or you will automatically get your Hells Retriever back and have to do the whole thing over again. I think it may also be important to return to Alcatraz with unharmed zombies otherwise the round ends while you are in afterlife and the pit won't take the hawk.

This is actually half true. Yes if you don't get the hell's redeemer in the next round after you throw it in the pit you get it back, but you only need to throw it back in the pit, not do the whole thing again.

So if you're playing with a group of four (or whatever) everyone has to be on the bridge and has to get thirty kills? Or can I do it by myself?

When playing in a group, everyone WHO WANTS the redeemer will need to get 30 kills either in the prison or on the bridge.

after that, everyone who wants it spend one full round on the bridge without using weapons. You can have 1 player run a train and everyone else in the back shooting at the train with the tomahawk.

After the round everyone who used only the tomahawk during the round and who have got the 30 kills I mentioned earlier prior to this round will be able to throw the tomahawk in the pit.

So short answer, you can get the redeemer all by yourself if everyone else shoot their gun and you use only the tomahawk on the bridge.

I always thought you hear it at the end of the round. I could be completely wrong. I need to re-test this.

The reason he heard it mid round is because like I said in OP you hear it multiple times during the process, after you've killed a couple ennemies when you first pick up the Retriever at the start of the game, you will hear it.

Basically, he heard that sound mid-round, and my guess is if he tried to throw his tomahawk right after that without first finishing the round, he couldn't throw it in the pit.

Okay i understand most of what your saying, but is there a round limit on when you can get it because i am on wave 24 and ive been to the bridge twice and killed a load of zombies only using the tomahawk but everytime i throw it in the pit it comes back.

There is no round limit but you have to spend 1 round killing every zombies (including all guards that spawn) using only the hell's retriever.

So when you do it after round 18, it gets harder and harder at each passing round, since the Retriever doesn't 1HK anymore.

Try to do it as early as possible.

And first time I got it I was on 28 :)

My best 4p game was 38 with 4 people and we all had it.

Player 1: Got it on first stay on bridge.

Player 2: Got it on first stay on bridge.

Player 3: Didn't get it on first stay because he shot his gun during the round.

Player 4(me) :Got it on first stay on bridge.

Player 1 went back with Player 3 on the bridge and P1 killed most of the zombies with his guns since he already had redeemer while P3 camped with his tomahawk and when round ended, he went to throw his 'hawk in the pit.

Just did another test. Round 4 I got the T-hawk, and used it in round 5, at the 15-16th kill I heard the sound, so I checked if the pit could be used, it doesn't work. Then I went to the GG bridge and went through round 6-9 using just the T-hawk for 121 kills, with no sound. I used my gun and T-hawk till R10 was almost ended and went back to Alcatraz. The pit still didn't take the T-hawk. On round 16 I returned to the GG bridge where I shot the guards and T-hawked 47 zombies when I got the sound. I got through round 17, returned to Alcatraz and stuck the T-hawk in the pit. I still don't know what the trigger for this is, I'm going to keep working on it.

I'm suspicious that perhaps it only works at or after round 15.

Well, this is weird because when I hear the afterlife sound for the second time it is ALWAYS right when the round end.

Some more testing completed.

The first afterlife sound is consistently at kill #15 with the T-hawk, it doesn't matter if you are in the prison or on the bridge.

I have never gotten the second sound on my first trip to the bridge, it is always at least the second trip. Also I don't think it has anything to do with 30 kills,(it may be a minimum), it always comes on the last kill of a complete round on the bridge, just as bobane has stated. I think it may be OK to shoot the guards at the beginning of the round but if you use anything but the T-hawk to kill any of the zombies it gets messed up.

I don't play much multi player so I don't know what changes happen with more than 1 player, for instance only 1 player can get the last kill on a round but perhaps you just need to keep track of who got the last kill and take turns getting the final kill in successive rounds.

So I was playing just today with 3 other people. We were all going for the redeemer. While everyone was getting parts for the plane I was going to go ahead and get some kills with the redeemer. I killed "some" (don't know exact numbers) and then heard the sound. Later I heard the same sound notifying me that a teammate was done with the first step also. All four teammates then preceded to the gg bridge. When we got there I told them to step back and not to shoot. They then did that and after about 30 seconds or so I heard the afterlife sound and not but 10 seconds later I heard it again. This told me that two teammates were ready for step two. We then continued on with the round. At the end of the round I did not hear the afterlife sound and chose to stay for another round. At the end of the next round I heard the sound and I told everybody to hurry up and get on the chairs. We all were successful when throwing our retrievers into the lava and were able to get it the next round.

Just wanted to give some evidence to the ops post. I "know" the exact steps on getting it for solo and multiplayer but I don't know how to put it into words so Im not going to type it out.

More experimenting to report.

This time I did 2 similar but slightly different attempts.

The only difference was that in one run I had the retriever on my first trip to the bridge in the other I hadn't pick it up yet.

In both cases there were no kills with the T-hawk prior to my 2nd trip to the bridge. Both ways worked out the same. During the first round, of the 2nd trip, the first sound cue came with the 15th kill, and the 2nd cue with the final kill of the 2nd full round on the bridge.

My conclusions, regarding solo attempts, on this are:

There are 3 sound cues, just as bobane has mentioned, 1st at the 15th kill, 2nd at the last kill of a full round on the 2nd or later trip to the bridge, and the 3rd when you throw it into the pit.

I'm curious about what changes when there are multiple players.

I've been using this method on solo:

1. get Hells Retriever.

2. get kills with Retriever at Prison until you hear 1st audio cue.

3. go to Bridge and kill only with Retriever for a whole round. 2nd audio will come at end of round.

4. use Electric Chair right away and go throw Retriever into fire pit. Another audio cue.

5. finish that round and go into afterlife and pick up Hell's Redeemer at same spot.

...since using this method I've got it every time now.

More experimenting to report.

This time I did 2 similar but slightly different attempts.

The only difference was that in one run I had the retriever on my first trip to the bridge in the other I hadn't pick it up yet.

In both cases there were no kills with the T-hawk prior to my 2nd trip to the bridge. Both ways worked out the same. During the first round, of the 2nd trip, the first sound cue came with the 15th kill, and the 2nd cue with the final kill of the 2nd full round on the bridge.

My conclusions, regarding solo attempts, on this are:

There are 3 sound cues, just as bobane has mentioned, 1st at the 15th kill, 2nd at the last kill of a full round on the 2nd or later trip to the bridge, and the 3rd when you throw it into the pit.

I'm curious about what changes when there are multiple players.

Why did you get it on your second trip?

why do people say you on the second trip to the bridge. You don't have to go two separate times

Zombie is right, you don't have to wait for the second time around.

I've been using this method on solo:

1. get Hells Retriever.

2. get kills with Retriever at Prison until you hear 1st audio cue.

3. go to Bridge and kill only with Retriever for a whole round. 2nd audio will come at end of round.

4. use Electric Chair right away and go throw Retriever into fire pit. Another audio cue.

5. finish that round and go into afterlife and pick up Hell's Redeemer at same spot.

...since using this method I've got it every time now.

Yes this is exactly the method I use, works perfectly every time.

Just did it again. And you can kill Brutus on the bridge with a gun. I used the Sweeper.

Nice I didn't know that, he can be a pain with the 'hawk since there is at least two of them when we go for the redeemer, not that he's hard be he can take a lot of hits depending on the level you are and the smokescreen can be dangerous too!

OK bobane your insistence that it could be done in 1 trip got me thinking that perhaps I was still missing something. So I had another go at it, and I discovered what I was missing.

I got the first sound cue in the prison then went to the bridge at the start of round 8. I didn't get the 2nd cue till the end of round 10. What I learned when I reviewed the game was that round 8 only had 27 zombies and 1 boss. Round 9 had 29 zombies and 2 bosses and round 10 had 34 zombies and 3 bosses. The bosses don't count so to satisfy the minimum 30 kills, the earliest round that this can be done on is round 10. Sometimes I'm on the bridge as early as round 6 or 7 and I wouldn't usually stay through to the end of round 10. My 2nd trip would then be round 11 or 12.

i looked this page up mid-game, was already at the bridge when id seen it. being that i didn't read the replies i didn't realize i should have stayed 2 rounds instead of the one.

i went to the bridge at round 14 though, and completed the round. the pit would not accept my retriever, i have a proposal:

the 15 kill and the 30 kill sounds do not stack, so if you were to do it all in one round you would need 45 zombies. perhaps that's why i couldn't get it to work. being that i didn't see the replies at the time i didn't think to go back to the bridge.

Bobane could you update the OP to include the following notes?:

1)15 and 30 kill cues don't stack

2)bridge must be at round 10 solo or probably less with multiplayer

3)the debris under the stairs to the wardens looks like a fantastic spot that won't get you cornered so easy.

4)thats all i can think of for now but they are worth having in the OP.

created an account here just to thank everyone on this thread.

i looked this page up mid-game, was already at the bridge when id seen it. being that i didn't read the replies i didn't realize i should have stayed 2 rounds instead of the one.

i went to the bridge at round 14 though, and completed the round. the pit would not accept my retriever, i have a proposal:

the 15 kill and the 30 kill sounds do not stack, so if you were to do it all in one round you would need 45 zombies. perhaps that's why i couldn't get it to work. being that i didn't see the replies at the time i didn't think to go back to the bridge.

Bobane could you update the OP to include the following notes?:

1)15 and 30 kill cues don't stack

2)bridge must be at round 10 solo or probably less with multiplayer

3)the debris under the stairs to the wardens looks like a fantastic spot that won't get you cornered so easy.

4)thats all i can think of for now but they are worth having in the OP.

created an account here just to thank everyone on this thread.

First of all there is no 30 kills cue, I got it without even killing that many zombies with it, I sat back in a corner and my friends were all shooting so they killed all the zombies.. At the end of the round I went to throw it in the pit.

Also I'm not sure what spot you are talking about at point #3, and this is not a strategy guide, it's a tutorial, but thanks a lot for your input, appreciated

Was trying this way too late I think, it was around 24-26 rounds in before we (me and two others) started trying to rack up the kills with the retriever. It never worked so I thought I would add to the list of questions.

If you are on the bridge and have to rack up the retriever kills, does it reset if you shoot a zombie? Some times I try to acid gat Brutus and it takes out some zombies with him, same with Ray gun, so does this reset my objective?

In the case you missed the sound it makes on completion, is there a way to tell if you have successfully thrown the retriever into the fire pit? Last night it would go into the pit and not return to me, but it would still recharge on my screen and I could use it so, when you have thrown it in the pit, does it actually take it away or are we supposed to just not throw it?

Like I said I think we were just too far into the game to make a successful attempt, the retriever was really doing that much other than making a crawler every once in awhile and of course it would still kill, would just take a couple of throws.

It is not a "kill count" on the bridge, it is actually spending a round (with at least 30 zombies in it??) So the reason why it didn't work is because you killed zome zombies with that acid gat.

As for the pit, throw a nade in it, it will burst up in flames, the same thinh will happen to the 'hawk if it is accepted.

I posted this here http://community.callofduty.com/message ... #414458053 also.

I have seen many theories as to how to get the Redeemer. My friends and I found that our way works every time. In the last 5, 3 player games, we have not failed to get everyone the Redeemer. Here is our method. Disclaimer: I know other people may have other theories, this is what works for us every time. We had a theory about the order in which we throw the Retriever into the pit being tied to the individual noise cues you here and sticking with that we proved to ourselves that this works every time.

The other thing we discovered was that we never heard the "end of round" sound cue until round 10. We r usually at the bridge at round 6-7 depending on nukes.

Steps:

1. We go to bridge and do all of it there. 30 kill requirement, we found, is not true. We start with player 1, white, and he is the only one to throw Retriever until we hear his sound cue. Then player 2, until the sound cue for him, then player 3. Sometimes this would come after only one throw for each person. Sometimes up to 30 kills. No specific kill number though.

2. Once we heard a sound cue for each player, in order, we proceed to kill with Retriever only until we hear the cue at the end of a round. This ALWAYS happens for us at round 10, when we begin on the bridge at round 6-7.

3. At round 11 or the round after getting the end of round sound cue, we save a zombie or 2 and return to Alcatraz. We go to the pit and throw the Retriever in, in order, Player 1, 2, etc... This works FOR US every time.

4. You know what to do after the pit takes your Retriever.

Try it out, you might have better luck.

I posted this here http://community.callofduty.com/message ... #414458053 also.

I have seen many theories as to how to get the Redeemer. My friends and I found that our way works every time.

Hey Chum... I followed your guide from the Activision forum, and I have now managed to get ALL 4 players to obtain the Redeemer in my last 4 matches.

The one problem we were having was that sometime the Retriever would not go into the pit, but thanks to GulfCoastGirl, I now know what to do.

If the Retriever does not get accepted in the pit, go prone and through it at the top of the pit instead.

Has worked for me now on 3 occasions that the pit would not take it.

DB-Zen, good to know. We haven't had a problem getting the Retriever accepted since we nailed down our method, but it is always good to have alternate means if the game gets a little glitchy, as it is known to do. I will put your technique in my bag of tricks! Cheers!

I will put your technique in my bag of tricks! Cheers!

Yeah mate... when I actually tried throwing it at the very top of the pit near the wall with the Hellhound image on it and it took! I was completely dumbfounded.

Made me think of all those times I was convinced I had not obtained enough kills and went back to the bridge.

Probably turns out I only had to do that when it would not take the Retriever normally.

lol

I tried something a little different that may be of interest to some.

I placed some claymores on the bridge behind the pallets where the zombies don't come from with the intention of running the boss guards through them. On the round that I expected to get the cue to upgrade the retriever (round 13)I T.hawked and shot the first guard and wounded the second, but killed no zombies at this time. Then I ran the 2 remaining bosses through the claymores. On the first pass it killed the wounded one and wounded the other, also 1 zombie was killed, on the second pass the last boss was killed and I think 8 or 9 zombies also died. Note:I had 6 claymores planted. I then proceeded to T.hawk the remaining zombies, on the last kill of the round I got the sound cue, but upon review of the game I saw that I had only T. hawked 28 in that round. When I returned to Alcatraz I successfully threw the retriever into the pit.