EXACT way to get the hell's redeemer

Hi, I know there are a lot of threads on this but people seem to think that you need to kill a certain 'number' of enemies to get it and some can't get it every time, first try. Well I know the exact process on how to get it.

To begin, you will hear the afterlife sound 3 times in the process.

First off, feed all three dogs.

Get your tomahawk

Now here's what is important

You need to kill a certain number of zombies (I think around 30) with it anywhere in the prison.Before heading to the bridge. You will hear the afterlife sound.

Now keep 1 last zombie and hop on the plane.

When you get on the bridge, dont kill the last zombie until Brutus shows up(not necessary but better) and Kill them both (Guard and last zombie)

Now with the fresh round, you want to use NOTHING but the tomahawk for the whole round.

At the end of the round you will hear the afterlife sound, so use the electric chair.

Once you're back in the prison go throw your tomahawk in the pit, you will hear the afterlife sound for the last time and it will disappear.

All you have to do now is wait one full round and go pick it up in afterlife mode, at the usual spot.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is something being missed here, and in all guides posted.

I never kill 30 before going up.

I always take 1 zombie, and kill that and Brutus with whatever.

The subsequent rounds, I always kill the Brutus asap with Ray/UZI/whatever I have and then kill all the zombies with the hawk.

There is something being missed here, and in all guides posted.

I never kill 30 before going up.

I always take 1 zombie, and kill that and Brutus with whatever.

The subsequent rounds, I always kill the Brutus asap with Ray/UZI/whatever I have and then kill all the zombies with the hawk.

No you definitely need to kill some zombies before you can try the full round.

Go ahead try it, get to the point where you have the tomahawk, now turn down the voice volume so you hear the sound over the zombies, then start killing some zombies in the prison with the tomahawk. After a couple you will hear *afterlife sound*. Now you can go try a full round on the bridge, it will work.

Same thing, get to the point where you have the tomahawk, don't use it at all until you are on the bridge, ready to do the full round. Now you will hear the sound mid round, meaning you have completed the kill count sacrifice, but at the end of this round you will not hear a second *afterlife sound*

• Administrators

I don't think the 30 kills in the prison are necessary. I've done it multiple times without killing a single zombie before going to the bridge.

That's correct. I've killed not even one before heading to the bridge, and I've been able to get the Hell's Redeemer multiple times. If you stay on the bridge for at least two whole rounds with using only the Hell's Retriever, you should be able to throw the tomahawk into the portal every time.

Thanks man, I'll try it out. The best tip is about the voice volume!!!!

Yes, and this is the sound you need to listen before exiting the bridge to fire pit. It almost sounds the same as filling up the pyramid tubes with souls in Moon.

Are you sure bobane?

And how is this supposed to work for four players? Do you have to do it four times? (Since there is only ONE last zombie) Or could you leave FOUR last zombies?

I am 100% sure I've tested this in many games, 4 players, 2 player and 1 player.

basicly for four players, if you ALL want to have it in 1 round, you all need to kill some zombies with Hell's Retriever prior to heading to the bridge.

Now the only point of leaving 1 zombie alive is to get to the bridge and start the fresh round immediately so you could basically go the bridge mid-round,

finish the round with your guns and when the new round starts, kill every zombie using the Retriever.

I don't think the 30 kills in the prison are necessary. I've done it multiple times without killing a single zombie before going to the bridge.

That's correct. I've killed not even one before heading to the bridge, and I've been able to get the Hell's Redeemer multiple times. If you stay on the bridge for at least two whole rounds with using only the Hell's Retriever, you should be able to throw the tomahawk into the portal every time.

Exactly, you need to stay at least 2 full rounds because in the first round the zombies you will kill with it will count for your 30 kills sacrifice, then the second round you will actually hear the afterlife sound for completing the whole round with only your tomahawk.

If you kill enough zombies in the prison before heading to the bridge, you will only have to spend one full round there. This is important IMO because you have to add one more round to actually get the Redeemer so the less rounds you stay on the bridge, the better.

How does this work with four players? I've had the Hell's Redeemer on solo, but I can't seem to get it with a group.

If you want it for your whole group, have every player kill only with the retriever as soon as they have it. After a couple they should hear the *Afterlife Sound*. When every one has heard it head to the bridge and finish the actual round.

When the fresh round starts, you want 1 player running a train in the empty area in front of pack a punch. The other three players are at the back of the bridge (where zombies don't spawn, Opposite end of Chairs) Charging their tomahawk and shooting it at the train.

It is really important that no one shoots during the round or else that person won't be able to throw theirs in the pit. It does not matter who kills how many zombies, you just need to survive one FULL round(Including Guard) with only the tomahawk.

At the end of the round, everyone should hear a sound. head back to the Prison and I think you know how to do the rest !

I tested this and it works.

One thing that to add is when you return to Alcatraz and throw your hawk into the pit you must get your Hells Redeemer before the next full round is over or you will automatically get your Hells Retriever back and have to do the whole thing over again. I think it may also be important to return to Alcatraz with unharmed zombies otherwise the round ends while you are in afterlife and the pit won't take the hawk.

So if you're playing with a group of four (or whatever) everyone has to be on the bridge and has to get thirty kills? Or can I do it by myself?

You can do it your self

And FYI, the plane parts don't spawn until all players return to Alcatraz and the round ends

Just did it solo for the first time. Without killing with the Hells Retreiver at Alcatraz first.

The sound I'm hearing on the bridge is really faint. And kinda sounds like the same sound you get when you kill with the Hells Retriever. You really have to listen close.

Plus I just realized that you can pick up 2x, Max Ammo and others from a distance now. So sick.

Just did it solo for the first time. Without killing with the Hells Retreiver at Alcatraz first.

The sound I'm hearing on the bridge is really faint. And kinda sounds like the same sound you get when you kill with the Hells Retriever. You really have to listen close.

Plus I just realized that you can pick up 2x, Max Ammo and others from a distance now. So sick.

Really? If you pay close attention at the end of the round it is very audible for me. Did you check out the video I posted, was it similar to that sound?

So if you're playing with a group of four (or whatever) everyone has to be on the bridge and has to get thirty kills? Or can I do it by myself?

You can do it your self

And FYI, the plane parts don't spawn until all players return to Alcatraz and the round ends

Alright, good to know. Thanks.

Okay i understand most of what your saying, but is there a round limit on when you can get it because i am on wave 24 and ive been to the bridge twice and killed a load of zombies only using the tomahawk but everytime i throw it in the pit it comes back.

Okay, still not sure what I am doing wrong.

*Feed the three dogs

*Grab the Hell's Retriever

*I build the plane

*Go to GG bridge with group, kill Brutus with gun and go back to Alcatraz.

*Build plane again go solo to bridge

*Killed over 30 to be safe (stayed like two whole rounds) with tomahawk only

*Go back again and throw Retriever into pit and it still comes back to me

what am I doing wrong? I can do it on solo, but can't with four people.

*Feed the three dogs

*I build the plane

eaXJViEOyCQ

HRCoKnrjiBY

*Feed the three dogs

*I build the plane

eaXJViEOyCQ

HRCoKnrjiBY

Alright thanks. I guess we'll retry it later. Though, in that video he says only one person can get it, but if I remember correctly, when my friend who told me about the Redeemer showed me how to get it, we both got it. Also, my friend keeps saying you're not supposed to shoot at all, but he was shooting in the video and killed some zombies with both gun and tomahawk. Can you shoot?

Thanks again, and sorry I'm making this more complicated than it is.

The only reason he didn't get it since they didn't throw it in together. I believe only a certain amount can get it or you have not heard your ding/Q to throw it in the hole. To me it's still weird but easy to do. Also you can shoot but it just won't count. It doesn't mess you up and have to restart at all. Just need to get kills with the hawk until you hear the ding.

Also I believe all you need to do is go on the plane once. Then after that you may get the kills on the island. But I could be wrong and I need to test it. Sadly I suck at the map's on solo (except town which I love for solo) unless i'm ahead. I'll figure a way out to test it.