zombies top 10 week 1

so I wan to do a top 10 for every week. this week its your favourite zombies maps. how this will work is I will make a poll that will last for 1 week. in the meantime I will let you converse about your opinion on what to vote in the reply section. on the next day I will release a countdown thread or video (depending on what I have time for) stating what won. on that thread you will vote for the next countdown then the next monday a new countdown will start. hope you enjoy and your favourite wins. I know who im rooting for (god knows its not shangri-la.......f*ck shangri_la :evil: )

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many to choose....

I really love Shangri la. Great small quarters map with a BA wonderweapon.

Moon was really epic. Easter egg is probably one of the best IMO. Several differen t aspects from all maps added into 1 epic finale.

Die rise also became one of my favorites. It is my new "Ascension" so to say. Easy to play, great atmosphere, REALLY crappy marketing :P .

Unfortunately, my heart goes to the brand new Mob of the Dead. Really. This map has just about everything i wanted. New enemies, new weapons, new layout, new traps, AWESOME NEW WONDERWEAPON (IMO). Great size for trains, works fine with 4 players, and grief is just as cool.

MOTD may very well be my new all-time favorite. I know its new and I have spent maybe 2 weeks on it but really. I am loving it. I try to play everyday. Im always doing side quests.

For me and many others, Mob Of the Dead is probably the most well thought out maps of all time. Moon was inovation, Tranzit was inovative, and Die Rise was secrety, but MOTD is giving some awesome chills and some spine tingling moments.

Winner (Yes i will say it again): MOB OF THE DEAD :D:D :D

We all know the winners will either be Der Riese, Kino, or Ascension, despite the fact that those are the most overrated maps as well as the maps that are the easiest to get bored of.

This being my opinion before getting MOTD... I don't really know. I think I'll give it to Shi no numa, the original in world at war that seemed to play differently. It's seriously one of the most underrated maps, but that is likely because the black ops version sucks in comparison... it doesn't feel quite the same.

We all know the winners will either be Der Riese, Kino, or Ascension, despite the fact that those are the most overrated maps as well as the maps that are the easiest to get bored of.

This being my opinion before getting MOTD... I don't really know. I think I'll give it to Shi no numa, the original in world at war that seemed to play differently. It's seriously one of the most underrated maps, but that is likely because the black ops version sucks in comparison... it doesn't feel quite the same.

May the Four Winds guide you and your honor, TO A THOUSAND VICTORIES!! My favorite is Call of The Dead.

I know people say Ascension can get boring and such, but I have to vote for it because it was the map that really got me into zombies and allowed me to become a better zombie slayer. It is quite easy to train there, thus it made it very easy for me when I was a noob to learn how to adapt to the various situations and become a training montser.

Also, the atmosphere just left me awestruck. I freakin love how it starts out black and white, then seemingly remains just as gritty with the color back. And then the bright red tint to everything that for me almost made it look like a completely different map once those damn monkeys came (I will kill you all :evil: ).

Not to mention that it created an entirely new challenge with zombies that didn't just run in a straight line. As easy as it was to train, it still wasn't totally fool proof. And don't even get me started on those monkeys, they were a far greater challenge, and threat, than the hellhounds were.

It was also the first map to incorporate the EEs that we have come to love. While the outcome was somewhat less than desirable, it still left an overwhelming sense of accomplishment for being able to do something beyond killing zombies and finding hidden intractable objects.

So yes there may have been better maps that have come later, but credit is due where credit is due.

I'm not going to vote because I'm a ps3 user and can't give MOTD a chance yet. It's the first map in a long time that brings back that old dark creepy holy shit where did that zombie come from feel. It will likely be my favorite.

If I had to vote from everything else I would likely go with Ascension for a lot of the same reasons KillAllMonkeys stated above and that it just felt so epic when we were playing it night after night back in the day. Next in line for me would be Shangri la because once I discovered strategies for running the monkeys in a way that provided the team with whatever perk they needed at the time it just became a whole different game. I loved the strategy involved.

I like every single zombie map for many different reasons though, it's hard to pick a favorite.

I will say this though (could get lynched here, watch out for flying objects) I would love to have a vintage map pack with all the old maps with black ops 2's newer game mechanics. I went back and played some black ops 1 awhile back and it just didn't feel as good. I remember when black ops 2 came out it took me a bit to get used to the change in feel.. like they changed the field of view or something among a few other things but now I'm used to it and going back sucks. I'd honestly be willing to pay for all those maps for a 3rd time (all in 1 bundle for $15)just to be able to play them again once in awhile with the new feel.

So I'm with KAM's. Ascension!