Warden/Demonic announcer/magic items

This might be irrelevant but anyways.

When you throw a nade at the pit, it will disappear in a burst of flames.

The exact same flame texture can be seen in the footsteps of Brutus when he's running at you and also when he locks something, again, same texture.

After a couple kills with the tomahawk you hear the afterlife sound. This happens twice even if you're in the prison, then when you spend a round on the bridge with only your tomahawk, you should hear the afterlife sound a third time.

When you throw it in the pit you hear the afterlife flames and it bursts in flames.

When you start the laundry machine you hear a demonic laugh and zombies start to spawn.

When you gather all 5 skulls and enter the warden's office Brutus will talk.

When you pick up the spork in afterlife mode you hear a demonic laugh.

When you throw your tomahawk at it in the cafeteria, you can hear Brutus.

Again when you have enough kills with the acidgat in the showers, you hear the demonic laugh.

All these seem to be connected to me, as if Brutus is actually the demonic announcer in a body. I know both voices are different but Brutus' voice might be voice of the original person(Ferguson?) Crossed with the demonic announcer's

So what I think is that the demonic announcer is having fun watching us try to survive and that all these cool weapons (tomahawk, blundergat, golden spork) are demonic(they belong to him) that's why he's pissed when we grab them.

So that makes me think that the map does happen in hell, where the characters are dead.

And he might give Weasel his life back if he's able to survive his little game and break the cycle.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guard was ferguson, James A. Johnston WAS the first warden at Alcatraz. He was viewed as a Iron man due to his harsh security and lack of rehabilitation. You can see the zombies that have the gaurd uniform that's why Sal say "hey guys, I think it's ferguson."

As with most things zombie related, I have a theory about this.

Think about it. Why would it only Ferguson be turned into a Demon-Type creature?

Come to think about it, why would George Romero be different?

I'll answer these questions: BECAUSE THEY ARE EXCEPTIONAL BEINGS.

Instead of just turning them into just another mind-less slave, the 115 works with the exceptional qualities of their minds to make them something more than zombies.

I believe that Brutis/Ferguson, upon coming into contact with the 115 and dying, became the controller. Possibly, he wanted revenge on the Weasel for killing him, and thus, tried to make their existence "hell-on-earth", hence the appearance of the map. Ferguson was so exceptional, that his influence over the zombies caused the fabric of space-time realty to bend, bringing the future weapons and perks to this time period.

Upon dying, Brutis lost his control, and that effectively contained the outbreak. And all was quiet.....

until Samantha took control.

Think about this. I had this theory long before BO2

Something that's interesting, but surely not definitive proof, is that the actual Gaelic meaning of "Ferguson" is "Man of Strength".

The surname is a patronymic form of the personal name Fergus. The name Fergus is derived from the Gaelic elements fear ("man") and gus ("vigour", "force", or "choice").

Brutus is one strong man... zombie... thing.

How can Ferguson be Brutus, because remember at the start of the cut scene, they all kill him with the executioners? I don't know but maybe Ferguson reincarnated when the cycle restarted, turning him into the heavily armoured Brutus we all know and hate!

This.

Also, you guys have realized that multiple Brutus (Bruti?) can spawn at the same time, right? This is not some single entity. The fact that four of them can spawn at once shows it's not just some single spirit or entity. He is just like the other zombies, in that he is just being sent by The Controller.

It's my belief that Ferguson's soul went to hell after he was murdered in the opening cutscene, and was sent into Purgatory as a new form of a Zombie, Brutus. To punish the four for what they had done, he is trapped in Purgatory to make the mobsters pay. I'm still working out the kinks, but I have a different view on this whole Brutus thing.

But Brutus does say when he get's killed "I'm trapped here, just like you!" Now this tell's me his not the one totally in control but is messing around with the group. Though someone else is in charge and keeps spawning Brutus and other guards. Everything else I agree to except this part. Brutus is similar to George but is in full control at all times.