Gondola Camping Strategy (40+)

Hey guys,

So me and my friends recently ran into this strategy while playing a 3 player game and it works absolutely great. We suicided at 40 (on our first try) because we were all tired but you could continue longer if you have the patience to farm brutus for max ammos.

This is not the gondola strategy you think it is. I could not find it written here nor could I even find a video of it on youtube. I apologize if it has already been mentioned.

So without further ado!

The Strategy:

Prerequisites:

You will need to have these things to make the strategy run smoothly.

1) 3-4 players (I doubt that it would be very effective with 2 people).

2) Golden Sporks for everyone.

3) Hells Redeemers will make your life easier but not exactly necessary. (Definitely want the retriever at least for grabbing powerups)

4) Two people with blundergats.

5) Zombie shield, I suggest building it at Electric Cherry for grabbing it between rounds quickly.

6) Perks, jugg is mandatory.

This strategy is basically easy mode. The basic idea is that two people lay down at the entrance of the gondola with zombie shields (they will be henceforth called the turtles). You basically want to block the entrance.

The remaining 1-2 players stand behind them at the back of the gondola. These players should have the vitrolic witherings and hopefully redeemers as well.

The turtles job is to spork the hell out of the zombies and not let them push you into the corners. The zombies will move you every now and then. Sometimes they jump onto your back. I suggest changing your button layout to tactical. The dead zombies will at times pile up and block your vision, try to make sure you are aware of your positioning at all times. Do not stick to far out of the gondola or bad things can happen.

The players in the back throw their redeemers as often as possible and shoot the witherings when things get crazy. They can also use their 2ndary weapons to help kill as well.

You should run this strategy with the gondola in the top position. If things get crazy or someone goes down, take the gondola down and let them get jugg. The bottom gondola position is not for killing simply for getting a break for a second before going back up.

At times one of turtles zombie shields will break (the higher ranked color will draw over 90% of the action). At this point, take the gondola down and have a stander put his shield down so that the turtle can pick it up. If both standers have already given their shields then the turtle of the lower ranked color can give his shield.

It may not seem plausible, but I was blue and gave my shield to white and after we both laid down, I took basically no hits and my life was never in danger.

Once you are in 30's you will want everyone to refresh their shields in between rounds, which is why it is a good idea to build it at electric cherry.

Some may think this strategy is only good until 34 as then the spork goes to 2 hit kills. This is not true. The main reason this strategy works is because the zombies have a hard time hitting the players laying down in the gondola. It works fine after 33, you will see some more pileup now though and may need to use the witherings a bit more than in previous rounds.

That's basically it, we went to 40 first try and then took an acid shower. The spawns at the top are very quick, so once we started the strategy the rounds went very quickly. As with a lot of MOTD strategies the time-consuming part is getting set-up. You could go past 40, however ammo begins to become a problem with the withering and need to be careful of too much zombie build-up.

I am trying to upload a video, however I have to rely on theater and it is not working right now. I update this post with it, if I get it to work.

Cheers!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good idea! Definitely beats trying to run trains in 4 different locations with friends. Running trains makes revives impossible, plus you're on your toes half the time. This sounds much easier.

Thank you! :D

The biggest benefit is of course round time. If you can wait to to split up till 40 or after it makes getting to those high round co-op games all the more feasible.

It also is extremely easy which helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind having a few CoDZ members on my friends list. My friends list has a bunch of people but only a handful play zombies. Send me a message if you like, I'd like to get down! Also want to get the EE for die rise and MotD if anybody wants to.

Thanks for this strategy also, sounds like it would be fun! Props for writing it out!

I wouldn't mind having a few CoDZ members on my friends list. My friends list has a bunch of people but only a handful play zombies. Send me a message if you like, I'd like to get down! Also want to get the EE for die rise and MotD if anybody wants to.

Thanks for this strategy also, sounds like it would be fun! Props for writing it out!

Thanks Sluggo! And sorry for the late response but I've been absent from these forums for a little while.

Is your gt the same as your username? You can add me: baldage