Arlington Breaking the Cycle Theory

So from all of this discussion we can conclude that this map in fact dose have it place in our story and with what's going on. There's so much more though!!! But we need more dicussion!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to shoot you down.

He was MEANT to DIE in ALCATRAZ.

I believe that him being able to "Break the Cycle" was due to the RIFT being BROKEN.

Why the N4 are told to mend the rift is because time is broken, and things that happened in history are beginning to change.

There's no way that changing history is going to mend the rift, it will only further tear it.

It's not shooting me down because there are others who considered the theory and thought of the possibility. I am not 100% on all of it and we all know theory.

However you have your opinion and I have mine. I won't disregard your input because its benificial to our discussion. Until proven or disproven by evidence we uncover and obtain within the game. None of the Theories are 100% but there is alot of great ideas here to possibly look into..

But by HIM NOT DIEING or vice versa things would be different wouldn't it?

Sorry to shoot you down.

He was MEANT to DIE in ALCATRAZ.

I believe that him being able to "Break the Cycle" was due to the RIFT being BROKEN.

Why the N4 are told to mend the rift is because time is broken, and things that happened in history are beginning to change.

There's no way that changing history is going to mend the rift, it will only further tear it.

But by HIM NOT DIEING things would be different wouldn't it?

Definitely. If he survives, then the "cycle", or order of balance, would be broken/upset. Brutally murdering Weasel is what history says happened. If this were to change, it would heavily impact the future. Somewhere on the forums (can't remember where haha) there was a picture, showing the every little change creates a new timeline. Even the slightest change in the past would change the future. Weasel's death was a major part of our story, so imagine if it had changed, and Weasel escaped. This would drastically change our future, as Weasel would most likely do something significant, being the first person (at the time) to escape The Rock alive.

Picture the rift as a chasm with two sides. They used to be connected, but then it split. This is what is happening. The more we meddle and change time, the farther apart the sides get, inaccessible to each side, but reliant on each other. Now guess what happens when the rift eventually has nowhere to expand? We all die.

What is Dharma?

It deals with one basic goal - how to escape Samsara. Samsara is the cycle of rebirths that is known more commonly as reincarnation. Freedom from Samsara leads to Nirvana, which is thought of as a complete deliverance. The Eastern version of Heaven.

Samsara

Cycles of Samsara

This is from my thread on The Flesh. Please check it out look towards the end and see if this could possibly have a relation to our discussion guys.

The Flesh by RequixEclipse

Sorry guys im not too big on the storyline. When does ritchofen say to mend the rift? and does annyone have any ideas of how "mending the rift" will help us?

If I remember correctly, it's a garbled sound followed by Samuel saying "What do you mean "mend the rift"?"

My view on the rift is up there somewhere. ^

Sorry guys im not too big on the storyline. When does ritchofen say to mend the rift? and does annyone have any ideas of how "mending the rift" will help us?

Well my friend in Die Rise there is a video before your start of Samuel. Go into solo and watch it you'll hear him reply "mend the rift?" on this thread we have many different theories on how we can do this by breaking the cycle or continuing. Take the time to scroll through and you will see some great ideas being presented here.

Also I think MrDalekJD does a marvelous narrative of the storylune on YouTube you should watch those videos. There our like 15 parts lol but it's all very interesting! I hope this helps you out.

Fill free afterward to post what your take on it is friend!

Thanks

RequixEclipse

• 4 weeks later...