Arlington Breaking the Cycle Theory

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, the true question is the agenda Maxis is keeping. Who knows how his morals were changed when he was killed, and now he may not care about the survival of the human race anymore, just about getting his revenge on Richtofen.

Think for a moment. Put yourself in his place. Everything basically torn from him by the will of one man: Richtofen.

I believe he was killed.. And kind of think he's just some sort of super computer... Don't ask me why I just got a weird feeling he is.

If he was killed near the MPD, which is the conclusion that I think was made a while back, which I believe, then he could also have had his soul sucked into the MPD, meaning he could still be alive in some way. The AI Maxis may just be that too: A cold hard logical machine masked with the voice of the scientist.

Oh, this is getting fun. I can't wait to see what 3arc comes up with next.

If the rift was already mended, then Richtofen wouldn't have told Samuel to do it.

Also it wasn't mended and Richtofen did tell Samuel in the late 1960s in Die Rise.

If the rift was already mended, then Richtofen wouldn't have told Samuel to do it.

Also it wasn't mended and Richtofen did tell Samuel in the late 1960s in Die Rise.

He had a way to get from MOTD time period to Die Rise. He just Bridged the Gap in between the two points in history and a rift was created. Well he fixes by changing a event that would impact the universe with happened to be Alberts death. Now that Albert Arlington lived and killed he created a balance between these seperate generations. Good of Treyarch to reference Jonny Cash because he Bridged his generation gap by covering "Hurt" written by Nine Inch Nails.

Rusty Cage was originally written by Soungardens front man Chris Cornell. In 1996 Jonny Cash would cover the song for his album "Unchained"

Perfect implementation of that song id say *claps*

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is the rift yet. As was stated before, Richtofen wants the N4 to mend the rift. And frankly, Richtofen couldn't contact Weasel while Lucifer is in control. There's also still an entire scenario exactly like this with Brock and Gary at Shangri La that needfs breaking. We didn't necessarily bring balance to the universe. In fact, I think we may've just sealed the fate of the future.

I feel as though we are being too set to like Weasel for him to be actually good. In the end of MotD, we leave off with Lucifer trying to keep Al alive, so he sent the zombies after the other 3 to do so. Now, how does that restore order to the world? A man standing peacefully amongst the zombies, now in debt to Lucifer? What sort of plot twist could emerge from that... He can go ahead and take a portal to hell. Maybe bring the zombies to San Francisco. Whatever it is, I think he now must do the devil's bidding.

I don't mean to just shoot down your theory, but I have trouble thinking this could be the rift while there's another at Shang. Here's what I think the rift is:

I've come to the conclusion that "Mending the rift" is Richtofen's ultimate goal for the N4 following his tasks and activating the towers. I have a bit of a logical follow-through coming up, so refer to this diagram I made to help follow:

My Theory

-I believe there are two paths to the Aether. One is the MPD, which is currently closed with Richtofen inside using Samantha's body as a vessel, and the one made by activating the nodes and breaking Gersch out of the Aether prison.

.....1)Using the Gersch device, Yuri made a direct portal without causing a Rift to the Aether, making a one way portal. We know this from one of Tank Dempsey's quotes after a Gersch device has been thrown at Ascension. (follow the first half of the Purple path in the diagram.)

Say hello to Sam for me!

.....2)Gersch had no way out of the Aether, for he had no Gersch device nor was his soul in the MPD. So, he contacted the O4 via electrical devices, much like Maxis, then had them activate the nodes by transporting him a generator then allowing him to do what he must to create a device to make a Rift through the dimensions. This would mean he could get out of the Aether and back to the real world, but he would make a patchy sort of thing that allowed things to freely travel back and forth through the dimensions. (follow the second half of the Purple path in the diagram.) If someone took advantage of this Rift, they could get into the Aether, but they would arrive in Gersch's Torment area. (Follow the Green path in the diagram.) From there, with the right equipment, I believe that someone could get into Richtofen's portion of the Aether and attempt to overthrow him.

What could become of this:

-I think that Maxis knows of this Rift, and plans to use it to overthrow Richtofen from the Aether. Perhaps powering the towers for him opens the path through the Rift, and from there we could take Richtofen down.

-I think Richtofen knows what could happen if the Rift remains open, and to seal his power, he wants it closed so the only way to access the Aether is to get through the MPD, which is closed as long as he is in power.

.....1)I believe there may be something Richtofen wants to keep in the Aether with him, like some huge Vril-Ya beast. (LUCIFER? His voice was used for the drops with Sam, so maybe they were friends in there. Now with Richtofen, who knows.) If this beast managed to gain access to our dimension via the Rift, he could destroy the world, thus ending Richtofen's power reign. (He's in that diagram too :D ) Samantha had warned him of the beast in there way worse than him as well. Perhaps it also may take Richtofen's power, and trap him as Sam had trapped Gersch?

EDIT: There's not much cut off on the diagram. It was supposed to say "Something worse?" and have a red line down the side, completing the box.

(Check ...1 in what could become of this. I think it ties in with Lucifer.)

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that this is the rift yet. As was stated before, Richtofen wants the N4 to mend the rift. And frankly, Richtofen couldn't contact Weasel while Lucifer is in control. There's also still an entire scenario exactly like this with Brock and Gary at Shangri La that needfs breaking. We didn't necessarily bring balance to the universe. In fact, I think we may've just sealed the fate of the future.

I feel as though we are being too set to like Weasel for him to be actually good. In the end of MotD, we leave off with Lucifer trying to keep Al alive, so he sent the zombies after the other 3 to do so. Now, how does that restore order to the world? A man standing peacefully amongst the zombies, now in debt to Lucifer? What sort of plot twist could emerge from that... He can go ahead and take a portal to hell. Maybe bring the zombies to San Francisco. Whatever it is, I think he now must do the devil's bidding.

I don't mean to just shoot down your theory, but I have trouble thinking this could be the rift while there's another at Shang. Here's what I think the rift is:

I've come to the conclusion that "Mending the rift" is Richtofen's ultimate goal for the N4 following his tasks and activating the towers. I have a bit of a logical follow-through coming up, so refer to this diagram I made to help follow:

My Theory

-I believe there are two paths to the Aether. One is the MPD, which is currently closed with Richtofen inside using Samantha's body as a vessel, and the one made by activating the nodes and breaking Gersch out of the Aether prison.

.....1)Using the Gersch device, Yuri made a direct portal without causing a Rift to the Aether, making a one way portal. We know this from one of Tank Dempsey's quotes after a Gersch device has been thrown at Ascension. (follow the first half of the Purple path in the diagram.)

Say hello to Sam for me!

.....2)Gersch had no way out of the Aether, for he had no Gersch device nor was his soul in the MPD. So, he contacted the O4 via electrical devices, much like Maxis, then had them activate the nodes by transporting him a generator then allowing him to do what he must to create a device to make a Rift through the dimensions. This would mean he could get out of the Aether and back to the real world, but he would make a patchy sort of thing that allowed things to freely travel back and forth through the dimensions. (follow the second half of the Purple path in the diagram.) If someone took advantage of this Rift, they could get into the Aether, but they would arrive in Gersch's Torment area. (Follow the Green path in the diagram.) From there, with the right equipment, I believe that someone could get into Richtofen's portion of the Aether and attempt to overthrow him.

What could become of this:

-I think that Maxis knows of this Rift, and plans to use it to overthrow Richtofen from the Aether. Perhaps powering the towers for him opens the path through the Rift, and from there we could take Richtofen down.

-I think Richtofen knows what could happen if the Rift remains open, and to seal his power, he wants it closed so the only way to access the Aether is to get through the MPD, which is closed as long as he is in power.

.....1)I believe there may be something Richtofen wants to keep in the Aether with him, like some huge Vril-Ya beast. (LUCIFER? His voice was used for the drops with Sam, so maybe they were friends in there. Now with Richtofen, who knows.) If this beast managed to gain access to our dimension via the Rift, he could destroy the world, thus ending Richtofen's power reign. (He's in that diagram too :D ) Samantha had warned him of the beast in there way worse than him as well. Perhaps it also may take Richtofen's power, and trap him as Sam had trapped Gersch?

EDIT: There's not much cut off on the diagram. It was supposed to say "Something worse?" and have a red line down the side, completing the box.

(Check ...1 in what could become of this. I think it ties in with Lucifer.)

Lucifer controls Richtofen in the MPD

I love theorizing with you guys. We come up with the best possible answers iv ever seen wrong or not. This has to be some of the best that iv seen from the community not talking about mine but your guys feedback I love it! Keep up the work gentalmen! We will get our answer soon enough! :)

I think we can pretty much say that Sam somehow pacified Lucifer by entering the MPD, but the sudden change in souls has changed the field. Richtofen may have accidentally awakened him after a long time of pacification, and can't handle it. Lucifer is returning to power, but is not quite in control yet.

I believe his most likely path will have him make a puppet out of Richtofen, and rule through him.

Thats what iv been trying to say for so long!!!! But no one believes that could ever be the case! Awhile ago I said that the voice in Die Rise might also be Richtofen trying to break from the entity within the MPD, because he figured out what's really going on and no longer wants to be inside. He is the Devils puppet but he is also aware and wants to be free from it. You can clear heat the faint voice say "help! Help me!" "It hurts."

We can conclude from this that by going back in time we can break free from lucifer and no longer have to worry about another entity controlling Richtofen.

Albert living symbolizes good over evil/innocent over convicted/pure over corrupt

Albert never killed until the other characters were introduced.

History repeats it self so if this happens then that means evil will not always be able to triumph over good.

You see where I'm going with this?

The thing is, Richtofen's mental state has deteriorated to the brink of insanity, and it's a wonder he can even focus on this anymore.

Once he fully becomes insane… Lucifer will regain control, and the rift may do two things: Slowly rip apart the world, or mend.

That leaves Maxis, who would likely be destroyed in such an event. He holds no true place of power in the Aether, and his AI can't do much other than communicate through electronics.

It looks like it's time for the end of the world.

Maybe Al is the key to pacified Lucifer as Sam did. Sam was a innocent little girl and Al has some innocents left in him. He doesn't act like the other's. Maybe only the pure can seal the devil.

True, but there's no way as far as I know of getting an AI into the Aether. It takes souls, correct? AI's don't have souls, and I don't think we can necessarily somehow transfer AI Maxis into a flash drive and jack him into the MPD.

If it comes down to it, Maxis' soul has the only chance at pacifying Lucifer again.

Maybe Al is the key to pacified Lucifer as Sam did. Sam was a innocent little girl and Al has some innocents left in him. He doesn't act like the other's. Maybe only the pure can seal the devil.

True, but there's no way as far as I know of getting an AI into the Aether. It takes souls, correct? AI's don't have souls, and I don't think we can necessarily somehow transfer AI Maxis into a flash drive and jack him into the MPD.

If it comes down to it, Maxis' soul has the only chance at pacifying Lucifer again.

Souls are like ghost or lost souls. You can see in afterlife we can very much so interact with objects such as powering jugg. With that what if we need to power up the AI by shocking something like the power meters next to our perks??

True that it maybe difficult but maybe that's what maxis is trying to do on a side note. Also it's been said some soul's are stronger then other's depending on the spiritual pressure given off. Like how the devil present's gave of to the prison. Maybe Al pressure reflect the devils not affecting him or the group as it did with the prison. I mean we see the uniforms are different compare to the zombies.

Or maybe a soul that has gain the power equivalent to Lucifers. Like Samantha's...so I see he leaving Richtofens body and powering the AI o.0 Mother of God

Or maybe a soul that has gain the power equivalent to Lucifers. Like Samantha's...so I see he leaving Richtofens body and powering the AI o.0 Mother of God

If Lucifer left to power the AI, he would leave Richtofen the Aether and the control of it. This would give him what he has sought after for a long time, and leave Lucifer trapped with only the ability to communicate through electronics… Unless he could somehow get into another mainframe than Griffon Station…

@Crimson

The only way I can see the AI working is somehow getting it into another Vril Device that would fit into the MPD and somehow transfer it to the Aether… Hmm… Then we would have Maxis' soul, AI Maxis, Lucifer, and Richtofen all in the Aether. This is becoming quite intricate.

The next map will definitely lead us to what is going to be in the 4th map. We will most likely see the n4 on the next one and maybe maxis gains full control?? I don't know lol it's definitely gonna be an insane map though. Maybe there will be some radios of the O4 trying to make contact with Richtofen to end this madness. Can't wait!

The next map will definitely lead us to what is going to be in the 4th map. We will most likely see the n4 on the next one and maybe maxis gains full control?? I don't know lol it's definitely gonna be an insane map though. Maybe there will be some radios of the O4 trying to make contact with Richtofen to end this madness. Can't wait!

I highly doubt Maxis coming into power. His soul is next to nothing against Richtofen and Lucifer in the Aether, and his AI has no access to the Aether. If we see the O4 again, I guarantee it will be in the final map, working to finish the job originally tasked to the N4: either powering the final spire or mending the rift and "repairing" time. The question is… would repairing time erase their existence in this at all? Would it just reset the entire events, and then have them do it again? Is it all just a cycle?

If Lucifer left to power the AI, he would leave Richtofen the Aether and the control of it. This would give him what he has sought after for a long time, and leave Lucifer trapped with only the ability to communicate through electronics… Unless he could somehow get into another mainframe than Griffon Station…

@Crimson

The only way I can see the AI working is somehow getting it into another Vril Device that would fit into the MPD and somehow transfer it to the Aether… Hmm… Then we would have Maxis' soul, AI Maxis, Lucifer, and Richtofen all in the Aether. This is becoming quite intricate.

I said Samantha Maxis's soul and also there is a huge satellite base orbiting earth.

When we continue the cycle we complete what actually happened to Albert Arlington. Which is him being murderd by Sal, Finn, and Billy. Those 3 are then killed by electric chair.

BUT

So i was thinking of this theory and wanted to share it with you and get some input.

When Al kills the group we break the cycle and by doing so we bring balance to the universe.

Weasel changes history by killing the people who murderd him and those at Alcatraz. This my friends has mended the rift.

I believe by breaking the a continuous loop Arlington had to destroy the ones who have killed him and other people before. By doing this he would no longer die and successfully escape the Rock.

To restore order in the world.