Arlington Breaking the Cycle Theory

When we continue the cycle we complete what actually happened to Albert Arlington. Which is him being murderd by Sal, Finn, and Billy. Those 3 are then killed by electric chair.

BUT

So i was thinking of this theory and wanted to share it with you and get some input.

When Al kills the group we break the cycle and by doing so we bring balance to the universe.

Weasel changes history by killing the people who murderd him and those at Alcatraz. This my friends has mended the rift.

I believe by breaking the a continuous loop Arlington had to destroy the ones who have killed him and other people before. By doing this he would no longer die and successfully escape the Rock.

To restore order in the world.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Naitrax! Also could Maxis want to continue the Cycle? Maybe a little far fetched but just ponder on the idea.

Thats what I was getting at. Richtofen wants the cycle broken, so Weasel serves a purpose (unknown to us at the current time), and Maxis wants the cycle continued, so Weasel never escapes and serves the purpose Richtofen wants for his side.

Think of it like this:

Maxis wants the cycle to continue, so Weasel never escapes the hellish prison. Maxis wants the Rift to stay broken, slowly destroying the world as we know it.

Richtofen needs Weasel to escape to serve a purpose, maybe doing something to impact the future, therefore mending the Rift.

:o IDEA!!!:

What if Maxis' plan all along was to destroy the world completely? Keeping the Rift broken will slowly destroy the world, completing Maxis' back-up plan incase the Moon rockets failed? When they impacted, maybe they released a charge to the Spires, telling Maxis' AI that rockets didn't obliterate the Earth? This would work since if the charges reached the Spires, then that would automatically mean the plan had failed, right?

Just something to ponder...

Samule never listen to him. (if you did Maxis side) You see if he would of just killed Russman, Marlton, and Misty off then this Rift would of possibly been mended. Maxis like always inturups Richtofens plans. Richtofen needed to go back before any one had control thus bridging the gap from when no one was in power to the moment he took over.

Weasel is heard countless times talking to himself! I know he is hearing voices in his head. Thus impowering him to kill Sal, Finn, and Billy.

Just like in the radio we hear of Richtofen telling some man to kill another person. His reply at first "No, oh no I can't do that." Then a drastic change as he states "Ill do it for you....Ill do it for you and THE FLESH."

Richtofen found his guy ladies and gentalmen.

Pop Goes The Weasel

Thank you for taking the time to read my theory.

They have never changed my friend. People's opinions have changed. When it comes down to it... Good and Evil is based ones morals/opinion.

Just listen to each one and follow who you believe has what your looking for! (:

Also just to so you guys know and don't think that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to both sides.

Main EEs

Tranzit: Tower of Babble: Maxis, Richtofen

Die Rise: High Maintanance: Richtofen, Maxis, (need to change back :P)

MOTD: Pop Goes The Weasel: Killed Weasel, Killed by Weasel

So now maxis is the evil one while richtofen the good one? They keep switching back around again and again at times.

It depends how you look at it. Would you rather have a world under the control of Richtofen or Lucifer, or no world at all?

So now maxis is the evil one while richtofen the good one? They keep switching back around again and again at times.

switching bak?? to be honest (from my point of view) i think Maxis has ALWAYS had a hidden agenda since Moon. WHY have back up plan and the plan is to blow up the Earth with 3 rockets with 115 in them (i think that wat was in them)and after its all done he lets out the worlds evilest laugh..ive been creeped out by him and suspicious of him ever since lol

So far in Black Ops 2

Would you guys enjoy a kind of narrative that I wrote for each sides of the Easter Egg? Here's a sample.

INTRO

Maxis- Starting with ToB we see right that after picking up the last bulid item, Ludvig Maxis commanding us to build a device.

Sleeping zombies awake to the blade of Samule. In the mist of a gun fight Russman finds what looks to be a wing. Dashing toward a table Marlton Johnson prepares a manikin. Looking upon Russ with great distaste whips up an unfinished turbine. Misty looks confusedly at a petite fan. With one arm reaching towards it "That's it! BUILD THE DEVICE! DO IT!"

Quite puzzled by the demanding voice the crew proceeded to climb aboard a old Tranzit and disimbarked for a journey no one would ever forget.

Only one sound Broke the silence. Starring out the window hearing radiant screams as silver jacket bullets pierce the flesh of an undead horde. They were searching for a reason to live while taking a bus ride to the power station. Thesr four characters set out in search of weapons of mass defense from a questionable box. A diner is where they depart. A blink went by and so did the Farm. Our survivors exit T.E.D.D stumbling upon a vacant power plant. Swirling down they find a switch in pieces. Marlton being a skilled engineer valiantly finished this mechanizm. Staring at the hand of Peter he lit up the luminant halls of the power plant. The crew gazed in awe as an energy rose giving birth to a monster most call The Avogodro. Praise is given by Maxis it was an impressive task completed but the power was to much. Maxis pleads and explains how communication between him and the team would be Impossible. Asking in a Stern tone Ludvig repeats. "Shut Down The Power." Misty not even phased by what just occurred, shuts down the power plant.

Maxis informs our four characters that their can now continue other tasks.

Underneath the ashy heavens Russman acquires an EMP Granade. The glimmering flashes seemed familiar but yet so out of place....

It depends how you look at it. Would you rather have a world under the control of Richtofen or Lucifer, or no world at all?

Or a world controlled by Lucifers puppet or a another human trying to sustain order on the planet so him and his daughter can live without fear

switching bak?? to be honest (from my point of view) i think Maxis has ALWAYS had a hidden agenda since Moon. WHY have back up plan and the plan is to blow up the Earth with 3 rockets with 115 in them (i think that wat was in them)and after its all done he lets out the worlds evilest laugh..ive been creeped out by him and suspicious of him ever since lol

Both have had to have there own seceret agenda. Maxis clearly stated in the first 935 Radio that NO ONE is to know what you do, where you work, you will have no further contact with your governments or your families. Your goal to fully dedicate your life to Group 935.....ect...it's the best. The rocket were aimed to destroy the 3 major 935 facilities so that Richtofen could not use them. He did not intend the explosions to be that big. He still accomplished to slow Richtofen down just enough that Richtofen needs help.

It feels like I light a fuse on the thread. But I go with "another human trying to sustain order on the planet so him and his daughter can live without fear" idea. Now this sound's like the maxis I know back in der riese.

Yay thank you for referencing Der Riese! If people heard the Maxis iv heard since World at War then we know that he does what will benefit the future even though it seems evil in the end it was for the best. You think Mass producing the Wonder Waff D-2 wouldn't be bad but in the arms race any person can weild such a device and I'm the wrong hands...

Nice connection, eclipse - I enjoy your threads because they are always to the point.

In regards to bringing balance and harmony to the universe - do you think this is what the devs were referencing last summer with all the "beyond birth and death" and "pure consciousness" stuff:

From August, '12:

Interesting...

I think my views are reversed, but I still want to throw them out just to see anyone else's thoughts.

I think Weasel's death, as the cycle continues, doesn't change anything. Richtofen is still in power, trying to mend the rift.

With his survival, I believe this is beneficial to Samantha, not Maxis OR Richtofen. I don't think Mob of the Dead has anything to do with mending the broken rift, although it is serving as an example of how to do so.

Why else would there be so many hints at 935, Element 115, or even Moon, especially since none of those events have unfolded yet? Because we're bringing the original crew back. Arlington was capable to build his way off Alcatraz Island, so he must be the key to the O4's escape from the Moon to be able to make things right on Earth.

I think my views are reversed, but I still want to throw them out just to see anyone else's thoughts.

I think Weasel's death, as the cycle continues, doesn't change anything. Richtofen is still in power, trying to mend the rift.

With his survival, I believe this is beneficial to Samantha, not Maxis OR Richtofen. I don't think Mob of the Dead has anything to do with mending the broken rift, although it is serving as an example of how to do so.

Why else would there be so many hints at 935, Element 115, or even Moon, especially since none of those events have unfolded yet? Because we're bringing the original crew back. Arlington was capable to build his way off Alcatraz Island, so he must be the key to the O4's escape from the Moon to be able to make things right on Earth.

That is interesting but I feel that by bridging the gap he basicly takes Samantha out of the picture by making it so he was the only soul in the MPD. This means Sam never exsisted. So when we create balance an peace we take away the hell that Samantha put us through.

Hint Sam had a picture in the Wardens office.... Take her out of... It.. Ha pun

Sorry

I believe Arlington was hearing voices in his head. Richtofen has Divine knowledge. Alberts knowledge of the afterlife is way more advanced than a every day mobster.

As I play Shi No Numa as Nickolai. He keeps repeating "My name is Nickola!"

Weasle- "Nickolai, Nickolai, Nickolai why do I keep hearing that name?"

The song in Shi No Numa is The One by You know who lol :)

Nice connection, eclipse - I enjoy your threads because they are always to the point.

In regards to bringing balance and harmony to the universe - do you think this is what the devs were referencing last summer with all the "beyond birth and death" and "pure consciousness" stuff:

From August, '12:

Interesting...

Without a doubt my friend balancing your life and death. They are referencing a universal conciousness. Mahammad Gaundi had a group of 1000 followers sit in a room and meditate only thinking of peaceful thoughts. On that day the global crime rate decreases by 1% there was less death. Along with less terrorism. Universal Conciousness is the theory of everyone's thoughts are all apart of one conciousness. The day Benjamin Franklyn discovered Electricity 3 other people claimed the same thing. So they had to pick some one to give credit to. Benjamin being the victor.

The laws of physics are non exsistant within the universal conciousness. It has been documented about ones own spiritual body being able to travel with out your physical state. To do so one must unlock chockras by meditating.

So ill stop there lol hope that was a good little insight of it.

I see what you mean by him dying but what if you killed the others like I chose to do?

Then the cycle breaks so our sides would have different out comes. Giving people 2 options.

Call of The Dead maybe didn't seem important but you had to recieve the Golden Rod so that it could be use in Moon. That is why I believe strongly that there is a side that might effect our outcome in DLC 3 or 4

Honestly, the true question is the agenda Maxis is keeping. Who knows how his morals were changed when he was killed, and now he may not care about the survival of the human race anymore, just about getting his revenge on Richtofen.

Think for a moment. Put yourself in his place. Everything basically torn from him by the will of one man: Richtofen.

I think that there's no real proof, per se; to do with any influence from Maxis or Richtofen in this map. It's easily understandable seeing as none of the Mob of the Dead characters would have had any knowledge of people born after their deaths.

Instead, I'm leaning more toward that Mob of the Dead is entirely in the imagination of the spirit of Weasel, forced to re-live the events leading up to his death, until eventually a cycle was broken, leading to the change of the story from what actually happened (Him getting shanked on the rooftop of the ROCK.) to something out of his comic book stories/journal entries. (Hellish zombies, beasts, pseudo-christian faux-roman symbologies, et al.) Until we are at the point when he has changed his perceptions to force the people who killed him to re-live a terrible nightmare. Over. And over. And over. Eventually, it forces the multiple felons to sacrifice their lives to break the cycle so that it can (Maybe) change once again.

Just my thoughts.