Next Map should not be big

The past 6 (not Nuketown) zombie maps have been of the large scale. This is beginning to annoy the Hell out of me when playing solo it takes forever to set up because everything is so far away. Maps like Kino, Ascension and Der Riese are what I want to see next they are medium sized maps. Not to big and not to small. They could also easily fit a story line in this sized map for solo mode to.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree. I love large maps. They offer a lot of new features and add to the atmosphere. Small maps are okay, but they get boring after a few games because there's not much there to see and experience.

However, I don't want a "large" map like Green Run. Large maps should have content wherever you go, and promote exploring.

I agree with Flammen, plus, it promotes teamwork. Sticking together means you guys can revive each other, but if someone's on the other side of the map? Not so much. Plus, 3arc can hide much more Easter Eggs with larger maps. We'd be bored with a small map months before the next DLC.

Yeah, bigger is better in this case. Besides, all those maps you mentioned that are considered medium maps are totally overrated. They're so easy to get high rounds on and get boring due to that as well as the lack of scenery as flammen mentioned (though some get the benefit of the doubt, SNN and verruckt have some of the coolest atmosphere).

That said, they shouldn't do another tranzit, or at least they shouldn't have the damn fog, denizens, and large lava rivers. Make it so you can see nice scenery and without royal pains.

Dude, you want to end up with a map as small as Nacht Der Untoten or Shangri La again? Boy? I say boy? You're about as sharp as a bowling ball. What is this dishonor?

I like variety in maps, so I agree. I don't want it too small, but I would be happy with Call of the Dead size. Not the biggest map out there.

Or I wouldn't mind a Green Run like map. A big map with several smaller Survival sections. No fog or any of that crap. If you could make sections of MOTD or Die Rise as Survival, that would be perfect. If they added small EE's in them like songs, or EE's that have a little backstory, it would be the best of both worlds.

Dude, you want to end up with a map as small as Nacht Der Untoten or Shangri La again? Boy? I say boy? You're about as sharp as a bowling ball. What is this dishonor?

This post 8-) made me laugh so hard.

lol Thanks. Its a Russman quote from Tranzit.

I absolutely love big maps, so much more to do and if done right, could almost never get boring. What they need is a map like Tranzit but without the fog because each of the sections were different enough that it was a nice change of scenery and strategy whenever I moved to a different area. The fog was just too much of a hassle though and that considerably lowered the enjoyment factor of it. I do agree though that it took far too long to move between some of the places and I think if they had added a faster form of transportation or at least more shortcuts like the one between Diner and Farm going to Town, that would be perfect.

I think the formula that they are doing at the moment with big areas but joined together by small tight corridors is a good one but it needs to keep the detail that MOTD has provided. The campaign team has raised the bar and the zombies team need to be able to keep that bar up or even raise it. I think that the multi-layered vertical aspect is something they are definitely trying to work with.