Too Little Weapon and Perk Choices?

Im not trying to sound like im complaining, I absoulutely love this map, but there are too big things I don't like about Mob of the Dead.

The Mystery Box: They took about half the guns that were in the box out, I mean, I never used guns like the M8A1 or KAP-40, or the SMR, but it was nice to have choices, of the guns that are left in the box, half of them suck, and the other half are/were the best guns in the Box, (MTAR, Galil, AK-47, LSAT, Ray Gun, Death Machine and Blundergat), it's way too easy to get a good gun out of the box and takes away from the challenge somewhat.

The Perks, there's too little choices in Perks, I understand why they got rid of QR, but only 5 Perks? what is this? Ascension? There should be a wider range of choices, Stamin-Up and Mule Kick would've been very useful on this map, and hell, even PHD.

What do you guys think? maybe im just ranting, but ehh.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, they loaded this map with new toys to play with. I can't complain.

I don't care about all the dumb weapons they took out of the box. We have AK47's, Deathmachines, and Blundergats now. That's what you really wanted out of the box anyways, right?

The new wall weapons are awesome too.

Im happy to have more than enough choices of perks to pick for my loadout. The only perk I miss is Phd Flopper. Yet I'm happy that not every perk is available on every map. Variety in perks helps give each map it's own feel.

- Mix

IMO, they loaded this map with new toys to play with. I can't complain.

I don't care about all the dumb weapons they took out of the box. We have AK47's, Deathmachines, and Blundergats now. That's what you really wanted out of the box anyways, right?

The new wall weapons are awesome too.

Im happy to have more than enough choices of perks to pick for my loadout. The only perk I miss is Phd Flopper. Yet I'm happy that not every perk is available on every map. Variety in perks helps give each map it's own feel.

- Mix

That's not what im saying, im extremely happy with all the new toys we got, AK47's, the Death Machine, the Blundergat, along with the Uzi and Thompson, there are excellent weapons, I mean, im not complaining about those.

What im complaining about is that it's too easy to get those Toys out of the box, the Challenge and randomness that the Box has always had is gone for me, it's too easy to get a good gun out of the box right of the bat, I can't tell you how many times I get a LSAT, Ray Gun or Death Machine on my first hit, not saying I don't want those, im just saying the Box, it has no challenge or randomness to it anymore, 8 out of 10 times your getting a decent weapon.

I also like a little more variety in Perk Choices myself, as there is only 5 Perks on the Map, I would've loved to have more choices, but maybe that is just me. since I really don't use Deadshot or Doubletap, I don't care for them, I just pretty much am forced to go with Deadshot everytime over Doubletap. just because it's useful for Brutus.

I haven't yet played the map, but I have noticed that there are multiple places to buy the same gun off the wall (I've seen at least 2 aces to buy both tye mp5 and the Uzi). While I think this is awesome, since we don't have to run halfway across the map to refill our weapons, it also means that some of those spots could have been used for other weapons...

Hmm... I guess ill have to play the map before I can say anything else on the matter...

Well what I noticed of the box is when you're unlucky, rather than getting 4 different sucky weapons in a row you will get both snipers and then the rpg twice

And for high rounds it might miss a bit of variety. The 4 good weapons in the box are Blundergat, Death machine, Lsat and ray gun, and two of these are unique, and I often get the Blundergat death machine combo, so it sucks for the others for the rest of the game and the only one who doesnt lose ammo too quickly is blundergat

I agree that there is quite the lack in weapon and perk choices, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. Having a lack of bad weapons in the box makes sure you get a pretty good weapon. I know what you mean, how it takes challenge out of the map somewhat, but just imagine getting bad weapons in the box time after time, just to have Brutus spawn because you kept getting the KAP and RPG. Having better weapons available and only those weapons promotes less box uses, which in itself took challenge out of previous maps.

Also, your point of having more perks in the game would diminish the challenge of the map. I mean, if Stamin-Up was in the map, then it would be easier to traverse. That in turn lowers the difficulty somewhat.

I mean, do you want more challenge, or less? I'm not trying to come off as a jerk here, I just find this a bit confusing as to what point you are trying to get across.

Well, with MotD, 3arc tries to please the community as much as possible. We complained about our characters; They hired some actors that were fitting to be badass killing zombies. We wanted the death machine back; Now, we can get it from the box. We wanted newly styled Wonder Weapons; The Blundergat is incredibly unique to upgrade, with 4 seperfate versions of it and I'm pretty sure the Ray Gun is re-powered. We wanted new weapons; Tommy Gun, AK, all box weapons. We didn't like certain guns; They were replaced with great ones. I'm almost sure that the guns we lost were replaced by new guns we were given, though most of them are now found in the box, meaning you have to try your luck for power. They put guns in multiple wall places so you could have access to ammo without having to traverse the map. We have almost as many separate wall weapons as there were in TranZit. I like Dead Shot, and Afterlife replaced Quick Revive, so my perks are Jug, Speed, DT, and DS. So that makes me feel like we're really fine.

In summary, I think it seems like there's less of a choice because the size of the map, and us wanting a perk variety made them give us these perks that many may dislike. :D

I agree with you, we have neither enough perks or enough weapons.

Btw, the Death Machine from the box is bad, I don't even pick it up anymore. They should have used one of the Uzi spots for the Tommy Gun as well.

Past round 36 the meat grinder wont do much to zombies, if you want to hit high rounds you'll most likely need 4 blundergats and 4 hell's redeemer, along with the golden spork

yeah I think it was a mistake to have multiple spots for the Uzi & MP5. I savor at the thought of what could have been...

I would've liked to have seen the PDW back on the wall. Or the 74u. Oh well. I love this map. I won't complain. I think it's my favorite map yet to be honest. Feels like the perfect mix between a vintage WaW map and a retrofuturistic BO2 map.

yeah I think it was a mistake to have multiple spots for the Uzi & MP5. I savor at the thought of what could have been...

I would've liked to have seen the PDW back on the wall. Or the 74u. Oh well. I love this map. I won't complain. I think it's my favorite map yet to be honest. Feels like the perfect mix between a vintage WaW map and a retrofuturistic BO2 map.

The 74u isn't on this map?!?!?

:o :o :o

Nope. They cut it. There's also no M16.

I think they should've put the AN-94 in the box though, instead of the AK47. That would be my go-to gun.

I think they should've put the AN-94 in the box though, instead of the AK47. That would be my go-to gun.

I believe they cut the (AK)74u because we finally got the AK47, (Trade a AK for a AK) Through the AN-94 was more or less what I thought the AK47 would be, and I would've loved to have the AN in this map, through I like the AK47 as well. the AK47 is a bit dissapointing overall, and ranks a bit below the Galil for me, while the AN94 is right up there with the LMGs for me.

The PDW is in the box though, isn't it? I'm almost positive I've gotten it before. Personally, I love the AK-47.

To OP; what do you mean you don't get Double Tap?! In W@W and BO it's usefulness was somewhat debatable, but in BOII it's easily one of the best perks in the game. I'm sorry, I usually roll my eyes when I see someone criticizing another person's perk choices because it often comes down to play style, but I just can't fathom why someone would say "A perk that increases fire rate and makes me fire two shots for every one that I expend, making me kill more than twice as fast and using half as much ammo? Nah, don't care for it."

As far as the box, yeah I've often opened it and got a good gun first shot. I've also gotten the RPG twice in a row, then a sniper, then another sniper... I haven't noticed any difference in the likelihood of getting good weapons. I played this map about 15 hours the day it was released and never once got the Death Machine. Speaking of....

I agree with you, we have neither enough perks or enough weapons.

Btw, the Death Machine from the box is bad, I don't even pick it up anymore. They should have used one of the Uzi spots for the Tommy Gun as well.

Past round 36 the meat grinder wont do much to zombies, if you want to hit high rounds you'll most likely need 4 blundergats and 4 hell's redeemer, along with the golden spork

And the average player will probably not be playing to round 36. While I usually don't even pick up the gun when I'm playing solo because I'm usually running, it's by no means a "bad" gun! Depending on how you're playing it can be amazing into the 20's. If you're with a couple friends holding down an area, one of them having a Meat Grinder is a huge benefit.

To OP; what do you mean you don't get Double Tap?! In W@W and BO it's usefulness was somewhat debatable, but in BOII it's easily one of the best perks in the game. I'm sorry, I usually roll my eyes when I see someone criticizing another person's perk choices because it often comes down to play style, but I just can't fathom why someone would say "A perk that increases fire rate and makes me fire two shots for every one that I expend, making me kill more than twice as fast and using half as much ammo? Nah, don't care for it."

QFT

I believe the perks are fine.

On the other hand I think there is to little to pick from with guns.

What would be cool is if we got the old W@W guns again. :/