Samantha's Lullaby = 3rd cycle?

Alright CoDz, I'm gonna have a whack here at a theory of mine for the first time in well.... ever. lol

From what we know, It's pretty clear the events at MOTD are more separated from the original storyline we've followed since day one. The biggest piece of that evidence is who's in control. Between the hundreds of skulls, candles and body bags, not to mention obvious references to hell (Dogs or Cerberus and hell's retriever/redeemer), it's fairly obvious the big guy from below is in control at this point. Not Sam, or even Richtofen.

Okay yeah, so we know all that.

Well, recently it's been pointed out that "Samantha's Lullaby" has made yet another appearance in zombies since Moon in MotD. What's even more curious about it is, how it's activated:

cj0cxzIBe4c

(stole this from Grill's thread, thanks buddy! :P)

As soon as I saw that, I noticed two things:

1. You have to die in afterlife mode and apparently do absoutely nothing.

2. Instead of panning through the main cell area as it usually does once you die and shows the statistics, the camera immediately pans upwards, going outside and pointing at the sky.

After noticing that, I immediately thought of several things:

First off, MotD is the first map to actually have an "ending" to it if you follow through with the entire EE. It's also one that emphasizes on time being "broken" and that we have to mend a rift to end the cycle. Between putting a dent in time, the twist from black and white to complete chaos being a zombie apocalypse, a "Warden" (or Brutus") being the big boss man of the island, then having a way to fix it all, basically came off to me as zombies in a nutshell. Or even a "Knock-off" if you will. So, if by doing absoutely nothing at all, does that mean this never happened?

Secondly, think of all the stuff lying around at Alcatraz. The Bones, the candles, the body bags. Most (if not all) of them, are not just lying around. They are placed around the place carefully. These zombies are obviously not there by coincidence. Think also of how the dogs and Brutus spawn. They come through a hellish portal as though they have been summoned. Makes it easy with a bunch of dark ritual ingredients set up everywhere. Going back to this being the idea of zombies in a nutshell, what if this all ties back to the bigger picture, the zombies storyline we've been following from the beginning and suggests in the bigger picture, setting up these towers eventually will allow us summon a hellish form of Richtofen? Or perhaps even the modern day Brutus again? 115 already reanimates the dead, thus being the key ingredient to create an artificial portal to Aether in the "actual" storyline.

Sorry this is all rough and just tossed out there. But sparks went flying in all directions when I watched that and just brought up a whole new list of questions and possibilites. I'm definitely curious to hear what you guys think because to me, it almost doesn't add up. It seems too random. Did this really happen? Or are a lot things that have happened, emerging once again? How involved IS Hell? There's been all kinds of nods towards lucifer since Der Riese. Is it all coming back around? Jumping back to the pre-40's is quite a stretch.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread Undead! It is interesting because the rounds don't start until after you've revived yourself. So it's like nothing ever happened at all. It's EXTREMELY complicated to understand MotD and when it happens and such.

How much it's connected to the main story, I'm not sure. But I will say that this map has to happen post-1942. It could happen anytime after that. This make me question if it happens before Samantha takes over(someone had to be in control) or after Richtofen has been dethroned.

• Administrators

This is such a weird topic to try and explain. If we say that this map technically occurs post-1942, then we void the in-games reference of New Year's in the early 30's. Could the cycle be encompassed in, say, a bigger time orb?

Let me try and draw it out the best I can.

If this is true, then there are two scenarios that can come into play. Samantha could come into power immediately after, or has just gotten into the MPD on Moon but has not used her powers yet (reference to pointing to the sky).

Crazy stuff is happening, that's for sure.

This is such a weird topic to try and explain. If we say that this map technically occurs post-1942, then we void the in-games reference of New Year's in the early 30's.

the begining of the map everything seems to be normal then it jst seems to change into the map you actually play on...nobody still knows wat that is huh? and the whole New Years this is poking my brain, i may be incorrect but dont one of the previous maps mention sumthing a "new year" in it?

to be honest the timeline is making my brain hurt lol its like Treyarch is trying to distort the storyline :(

I think people are taking this to seriously. We are in the '30's before the '40's. Samantha's Lullaby appeared in Nuketown and no one said anything then.

I have to agree with you, Im sick of people saying this take's place in the 1940's. as it does not take place in the 1940's, or later, it is obviously December 31st, 1933, before anything with Group 935 happend, the events of MoTD of course didn't orignally happen until the 935 and the O4 broke Time Space with Teleportation and Time Travel, creating the Rift and forcing our Mobsters to live this repeated Cycle.

The Events in the Intro up to the Point Ferguson was killed was what orignally happend, after that it sends us into the events of the map and the Zombie Outbreak at Alcatraz.

Wheather it is whatever time Die Rise is in the rest of the world is unknown, but alest on Alcatraz Island and the Bridge, it is New Years Eve 1933

• Administrators

I think people are taking this to seriously. We are in the '30's before the '40's. Samantha's Lullaby appeared in Nuketown and no one said anything then.

Bear in mind that we've never fully acknowledged what timeline Nuketown falls under. We know it happens at the same time of Moon, and we can't even figure out that date. We assume it's in the future because of certain events leading into Black Ops II. We hear Sam's Lullaby both in the loading screen of Moon and Nuketown's Easter Egg song. That is why we are guessing that there may or may not be a connection to Sam overall with this interesting find.

I don't think Treyarch would slap on something like this for no reason; first a song and then how the camera changes direction to the sky? There's an allusion somewhere.

And of course this map is recycling 1933; we keep reliving that year. All I am saying is that it is 1933 within the realm of Mob of the Dead, but for all we know it could be just a wee-bit later in the overall realm if the suggest scenario was true.

Bear in mind that we've never fully acknowledged what timeline Nuketown falls under. We know it happens at the same time of Moon, and we can't even figure out that date. We assume it's in the future because of certain events leading into Black Ops II. We hear Sam's Lullaby both in the loading screen of Moon and Nuketown's Easter Egg song. That is why we are guessing that there may or may not be a connection to Sam overall with this interesting find.

I don't think Treyarch would slap on something like this for no reason; first a song and then how the camera changes direction to the sky? There's an allusion somewhere.

And of course this map is recycling 1933; we keep reliving that year. All I am saying is that it is 1933 within the realm of Mob of the Dead, but for all we know it could be just a wee-bit later in the overall realm if the suggest scenario was true.

That whole realm stuff literally defies sense. You can't have a "pocket" of one time in another. A time-loop, it is, yes, but I don't think it is anything for than that. Why could someone from the '50's just walk into the zombie-infest Alcatraz then? And where did the '50's Alcatraz go?

For no reason? I think this song is a reference merely because of its ending line "Do you hear the voices?" Also, I'd bet that often Treyarch just puts something in and see what we make of it.

So explain to me how a Shock Gibson comic can appear in a map that is in 1933 when Shock Gibson wasn't created until 1940. Explain to me how a water tower that wasn't completed until 1941 is in a map in 1933. Explain to me how there is a radio in the map of a man recounting what happened and saying that he WORKED(past tense) until 1942 at Alcatraz. The map is post 1942. The men involved are ghosts. They're dead already. The radio tells us that. Is it controversial? Sure. But it makes the most sense of anything else. It completely explains why we have so much pointing to post-1942, but why these characters are reliving this experience over and over again.

Check this link out of a true ghost tale.

http://www.scaryforkids.com/farnsworth/

"Years ago, a small boy named Jeremy was out playing in front of the house when a horse and carriage passed by. The driver didn't see the boy and ran him over, killing him instantly. Guests have seen his ghost, replaying the accident over and over falling to his doom beneath the battering hooves and wheels. The ghost of his distraught father has also been spotted in a window of the hotel, watching in mute horror as his son is killed over and over for all eternity."

It's the same for our M4. They are repeating this important sequence in their lives over and over again for all enternity. For some reason, though, a they broke away from what they did way back then. They actually went through with the plan for some reason. In this cycle, the time rift messes up, since this didn't happen, and all hell breaks loose.

I'm sorry but there's too much in the map that points to it being post-1942.

So explain to me how a Shock Gibson comic can appear in a map that is in 1933 when Shock Gibson wasn't created until 1940. Explain to me how a water tower that wasn't completed until 1941 is in a map in 1933. Explain to me how there is a radio in the map of a man recounting what happened and saying that he WORKED(past tense) until 1942 at Alcatraz. The map is post 1942. The men involved are ghosts. They're dead already. The radio tells us that. Is it controversial? Sure. But it makes the most sense of anything else. It completely explains why we have so much pointing to post-1942, but why these characters are reliving this experience over and over again.

It's the same for our M4. They are repeating this important sequence in their lives over and over again for all enternity. For some reason, though, a they broke away from what they did way back then. They actually went through with the plan for some reason. In this cycle, the time rift messes up, since this didn't happen, and all hell breaks loose.

We already established that the M4 are living in some sort of state between live and death, however the escape attempt, the events the Mobster 4 are stuck reliving took place on December 31st, 1933, in the minds of the Mobsters, they do not know they are dead, or whatever kind of state they are in, to them, it is New Year's Eve of 1933, the events they believe they are living take place on December 31st, 1933, before the 935 Experiments happend, the events described in the Radio are what happend, the Plane was never built, Sal, Finn and Billy murdered Weasel on the roof and were executed, and Ferguson worked at Alcatraz until 1942, however the Events of the Zombie Storyline have completely screwed up the Space Time Continuium and the events at Alcatraz are in a messed up Time Paradox, stuck across all time.

The Events on the Map, alest in the Time Bubble can't be Post-1942, as explain to me how the Golden Gate Bridge is still unfinished for example? the fact is here, Alcatraz is in a stuck time bubble and time loop that bridges all across time, due to the actions of Richtofen, 935 and the O4, the Zombies were never orignally there before,but now they are. the screwed up time continium can explain the presence of the Water Tower and the Shock Gibson image, or they could just be Easter Eggs inserted by Treyarch.

Wheather the Outside World outside Alcatraz Island is post-1942 or not is a good question, but the fact remains, the Mobsters believe it is December 31st, 1933, the events they are stuck reliving are of the night of December 31st, 1933, they are "living" that night, or were until the Zombies showed up.

The map takes place on December 31st, 1933, but Alcatraz all in all is in a messed up state, as the Perks and Pack a Punch which were not invented yet (sans Electric Cherry, which I believe is from the period) have been dragged through the Rift to a place where they do not belong.

Check this link out of a true ghost tale.

http://www.scaryforkids.com/farnsworth/

"Years ago, a small boy named Jeremy was out playing in front of the house when a horse and carriage passed by. The driver didn't see the boy and ran him over, killing him instantly. Guests have seen his ghost, replaying the accident over and over falling to his doom beneath the battering hooves and wheels. The ghost of his distraught father has also been spotted in a window of the hotel, watching in mute horror as his son is killed over and over for all eternity."

1. The Weasel created the idea for Shock Gibson. The Editor stole it.

2. Explain to me how Alcatraz was even operational at that time as a federal prison.

3. Lucifer gave a recording of the future.

I thought you were going to give me something harder.

the whole New Years this is poking my brain.

:(

If you look up at the sky either on the bridge, roof where you build the plane or even at docks. You can see there are only 2 types of colors of fireworks... Orange & Blue. Orange representing Maxis & Blue representing Richtofen, You can obv clarify that from the EE's done on TranZit. If you do Maxis you get orange lights, Richtofen you get blue. In some way, Maxis & Richtofen are watching over us.

If you look up at the sky either on the bridge, roof where you build the plane or even at docks. You can see there are only 2 types of colors of fireworks... Orange & Blue. Orange representing Maxis & Blue representing Richtofen, You can obv clarify that from the EE's done on TranZit. If you do Maxis you get orange lights, Richtofen you get blue. In some way, Maxis & Richtofen are watching over us.

damn, thamx for the info guys.

Yes, the M4 believe it is 1933. What I'm saying, which is what you seemed to get at at the end of your post, is that while they believe it's 1933, it's not.

That is not nessacarily true, Seeing as the events on Mob of the Dead were never supposed to even happen in the first place, Alcatraz Island, and the Golden Gate Bridge are stuck in a Time Bubble caused by the Time Rift which 935, Richtofen and the O4 brought on, within this time bubble it IS December 31st, 1933, as the Prison is in a combined state of what it was like in 1933, and the Hell brought upon by the Zombie Outbreak.

Through, as I said before, Mob of the Dead is stuck in some kind of twisted time continium that spreads across time, but within this bubble, it is New Years Eve 1933. there's too much evidence, they even blatantly said it in the Radio. within the Time Bubble of the Rift at Alcatraz, it is 1933

1. The Weasel created the idea for Shock Gibson. The Editor stole it.

2. Explain to me how Alcatraz was even operational at that time as a federal prison.

3. Lucifer gave a recording of the future.

I thought you were going to give me something harder.

You Bring up some points I didn't think of, Lucifer could've easily sent a recording of the future back in the time as part of his game he is playing with the M4, same way with the Perks.

Through the main problem with the Timeline of Mob of the Dead is, Alcatraz wasen't even operating as a Federal Prison in 1933, it didn't open until 1934, which is obviously not the case here.

Thank you. Yes, but this is NOT the first time that has happened. The exact same thing happened with the HAARP program. When HAARP was said to be operating in the '40's but it didn't open until the '90's, we assumed HAARP was just secretly operating. Why can't Alcatraz be the same way?

Also, I'll assume the devil is telling the truth, but for all we know, he is lying, telling the mobsters of a future where they all died horrifically just to be the evil being he is.

I haven't gotten to that point in the side quest, so I'll assume that you have evidence that says Lucifer gave us this audio?

And what are you talking about it couldn't have been operating as a federal prison at this time? I'm sorry but the environment says post-1942. The story says 1933. My answer puts both of those together in a consistent manner that I believe the devs would be drawn to due to their conspiracy-minded selves.

MMX, I know you. And one thing I know is that you are stubborn. :P And one thing that I know about myself is that I'm stubborn. So I know you are not going to agree with my ghost theory, and I'm going to solidly stick with it. I think we're just at a standstill on that haha!