O4 In Next Map

Guys everything is coming together and they devs are screaming it at us, but we still haven't put it together. We will not play as the O4 next map, but we will definitely be rescuing them or hearing them in some form or fashion. There are some things in MotD pointing to it.

1. Weasel's quote about hearing Nikolai

2. Samantha's Lullaby the and camera panning toward the moon

3. The announcer not being Richtofen

4. Where Are We Going (a Kevin Sherwood Easter Egg song) being sung by a female and not Clark S. Nova

Guys, I could be wrong, but it just seems like they're putting it out there on a silver platter for us to eat. I think we'll at least hear them next map pack.

Also, remember last May/June when the guy who voices Dempsey put on his LinkedIn something about coming back, but then took it down quickly once Activision saw it? I sure do.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole song may have a secret meaning regarding the O4. Imagine the O4 singing this song, not knowing what to do now that Richtofen has departed. "Where are we going... From here?" a reference to how they have no clue as to where they have to go next, as they were always under Richtofen's guidance.

Good job putting this all together!

The Original Four has to come back because in Dempsey's bio it says: "There is no before or after the war for Tank Dempsey. There is only the 'Legend of Tank Dempsey' and how he'll win the war for the rest of us." How could this not end with them coming back? Dempsey in fact said in Shi No Numa: "I'm comin' for you, Devil-Man!" he could have only been talking about the phantom. I also think Gersch will make an appearance cause, well, he didn't reward the crew properly for saving him. Gersch is also alive in the Aether as opposed to the rest of Group 935 being dead, with the exception of Richtofen. So besides Richtofen, Gersch is the only survivor of 935.

• Administrators

As much as they were loved by the the community the O4(3) were just a means to an end for richtofen. Aside from pointing and shooting what qualities did they possess that leaves them the only ones capable of ending the madness? I think they could be a part of an epic final easter egg, but I don't see them returning as playable characters. Just my thoughts.

As much as they were loved by the the community the O4(3) were just a means to an end for richtofen. Aside from pointing and shooting what qualities did they possess that leaves them the only ones capable of ending the madness? I think they could be a part of an epic final easter egg, but I don't see them returning as playable characters. Just my thoughts.

I respect your thoughts, and I could see why you would think that. But that just sounds enraging. They are the Original 4 and the only ones to survive the 115 'Super Soldier' experiments. Maxis and Samantha will guide them to vengeance. They aren't going out on the sidelines as eye candy. I think they will return, playable, to end what THEY helped start, including Samantha.

I don't think it's a coincidence that when you die on Die Rise, you hear Brutus and a cell opening.. Then the next map was at Alcatraz. Kinda uncanny that when this one ends, you hear Samantha's lullaby, and the screen pans to the moon. Mark it down, the moon will have major significance in the next map, I said it first. :D

Mark it down, the moon will have major significance in the next map, I said it first. :D

oh yea you could be right, i also noticed the little details...they cant be hinting at nothing,and on die rise wen you look threw the sniper scope you can see red dots on the Moon..(im sure you all knew that) i think we might be bringing them bak from space..

(random thought not serious) grief on the Moon N4 vs O4 :lol:

lol but i miss playing with Richtofen, he was my favorite out of the bunch

Mark it down, the moon will have major significance in the next map, I said it first. :D

oh yea you could be right, i also noticed the little details...they cant be hinting at nothing,and on die rise wen you look threw the sniper scope you can see red dots on the Moon..(im sure you all knew that) i think we might be bringing them bak from space..

(random thought not serious) grief on the Moon N4 vs O4 :lol:

lol but i miss playing with Richtofen, he was my favorite out of the bunch

Richtofen was always my favorite too. So is Weasel, I always like the physco ones:)

Anyways, I believe the navcards will help navigate the o3 and Samantha to Earth, or power something that sends them back

It's almost starting to feel like the same kind of troll we keep getting with Flopper. Like "Yeah, we know you guys all miss the original characters. We're just gonna keep teasing you with them without actually giving them to you. Because pissing off the community is fun!"

Richtofen was always my favorite too. So is Weasel, I always like the physco ones:)

Anyways, I believe the navcards will help navigate the o3 and Samantha to Earth, or power something that sends them back

Off topic, but (assuming you're the same SpeedoMonkey on YouTube) I was just looking at your Mob vids and replied to a comment you made on one of NoahJ's videos. Funny coincidence. I definitely would like to see some pics of your Minecraft Mob of the Dead project when you get it finished. I've been thinking it would be a cool project for someone to do!

It's almost starting to feel like the same kind of troll we keep getting with Flopper. Like "Yeah, we know you guys all miss the original characters. We're just gonna keep teasing you with them without actually giving them to you. Because pissing off the community is fun!"

Off topic, but (assuming you're the same SpeedoMonkey on YouTube) I was just looking at your Mob vids and replied to a comment you made on one of NoahJ's videos. Funny coincidence. I definitely would like to see some pics of your Minecraft Mob of the Dead project when you get it finished. I've been thinking it would be a cool project for someone to do!

Yep, that's me lol. As for the MC project, we're near done with final touches on spawn area. We actually have replicated making the cells open with the portals that contain "powerups".

I respect your thoughts, and I could see why you would think that. But that just sounds enraging. They are the Original 4 and the only ones to survive the 115 'Super Soldier' experiments. Maxis and Samantha will guide them to vengeance. They aren't going out on the sidelines as eye candy. I think they will return, playable, to end what THEY helped start, including Samantha.

I'm not being funny, but I think the Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo were the ONLY ones to have super soldier experiments done to them, so of course they'll be the only one's to survive. And their story is over really, unless Treyarch find a way to put them back in. As much as I (and the community) love them, I don't think we'll be playing as them in BO2, although i'm somewhat confident we'll at least hear from them again.

I'm not being funny, but I think the Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo were the ONLY ones to have super soldier experiments done to them, so of course they'll be the only one's to survive. And their story is over really, unless Treyarch find a way to put them back in. As much as I (and the community) love them, I don't think we'll be playing as them in BO2, although i'm somewhat confident we'll at least hear from them again.

That unknown mexican had them and died. Also, their story isn't over. They have Gersch to sort out, they have to take down Richtofen and get Samantha's body back, and of course Samantha's gonna have old Maxis freed as well. Not to mention they also have to ESCAPE the Moon!

That unknown mexican had them and died. Also, their story isn't over. They have Gersch to sort out, they have to take down Richtofen and get Samantha's body back, and of course Samantha's gonna have old Maxis freed as well. Not to mention they also have to ESCAPE the Moon!

yea they're job is nowhere near done. i think of black ops 2 being like a filler like in anime, they gave us a somewat new slate with the N4 but i think they're quest is to end up helping the original. and like Richtofens ray guy said they have to escape the moon lol

Their quest is done. They existed in the game to help Richtofen with what he needs doing. Now Richtofen has achieved his goals, it seems to me anyway that they are no longer important. Gersch isn't important anymore so they won't need to sort him out and with Samantha stuck on the Moon with the others I don't see her getting her body back and freeing her father any time soon. I know how loved they are by the community (and how they are so much better than pretty much all the new characters in BO2), I really don't think we'll be playing as them again at least, although i'm certain we'll inevitably hear from them again.

My guess is either we will play as them in the final map, or release/return them in the final map and play as them again in the inevitable next Treyarch Call of Duty.

Slightly off topic, but I also believe that we may end up with a fifth DLC that will be similar to what Rezurrection was for Black Ops... a few Black Ops zombies maps and a new one. I've had a feeling about this since the game was released... especially since Nuketown was given to season pass holders and then released to everyone. My belief/theory/hope is that season pass holders and those of us that purchased the hardened edition will have it made up to us by getting a free all Zombies map pack (again, similar to how Rezurrection was done) that everyone else will have to pay for. The fact that DLC 2 came out almost a month before anyone expected just reinforces that belief. Kind of seems like they're trying to get the DLC out a bit earlier this time so they can work in an extra one, no? Maybe it's just wishful thinking and I could obviously be wrong, but I really think this may happen... and also means the DLC acronym could be 5 letters instead of 4. FEAR RULER perhaps?

Their quest is done. They existed in the game to help Richtofen with what he needs doing. Now Richtofen has achieved his goals, it seems to me anyway that they are no longer important. Gersch isn't important anymore so they won't need to sort him out and with Samantha stuck on the Moon with the others I don't see her getting her body back and freeing her father any time soon. I know how loved they are by the community (and how they are so much better than pretty much all the new characters in BO2), I really don't think we'll be playing as them again at least, although i'm certain we'll inevitably hear from them again.

Their quest isn't done, until Bitchtofen is in Hell forever.

my bad, meant to put a 'but' before they. lol

Slightly off topic, but I also believe that we may end up with a fifth DLC that will be similar to what Rezurrection was for Black Ops... a few Black Ops zombies maps and a new one. I've had a feeling about this since the game was released... especially since Nuketown was given to season pass holders and then released to everyone. My belief/theory/hope is that season pass holders and those of us that purchased the hardened edition will have it made up to us by getting a free all Zombies map pack (again, similar to how Rezurrection was done) that everyone else will have to pay for. The fact that DLC 2 came out almost a month before anyone expected just reinforces that belief. Kind of seems like they're trying to get the DLC out a bit earlier this time so they can work in an extra one, no? Maybe it's just wishful thinking and I could obviously be wrong, but I really think this may happen... and also means the DLC acronym could be 5 letters instead of 4. FEAR RULER perhaps?

I'm thinking the same thing. This would be so awesome, as I never got to play the BO1 dlc maps because of a scratched disc. This could also explain why the single player team did MOTD. It would allow the zombies team to work on a fifth dlc without getting behind.

• Administrators

I think it'd be interesting if they made it where your choices unlocked a fifth map that was hidden in DLC 4.

That would be incredible. You could do one side and have a special map completing this storyline.

Back to the O4: couldn't we possibly have another scenario of Call of the Dead, where we assist the original crew in some fashion? I can't fathom how we could help them, but we may encounter evidence/trails of them in the next map and not necessarily expect to have them in the Side Mission.

My guess is either we will play as them in the final map, or release/return them in the final map and play as them again in the inevitable next Treyarch Call of Duty.

F.E.A.R R.U.L.E.Z perhaps?