"Samantha's Lullaby" in Mob of the Dead | Secret 3rd Song EE

GRILL

Basically, you play Mob of the Dead on solo. Once you spawn, do not move. Literally just wait for yourself to go down... and then voilà: "Samantha's Lullaby".

To test it's consistency, I played a game where I first revived myself and then went down. The song was NOT the same, it was the normal ending song. So, I am confirming that to hear "Samantha's Lullaby" - YOU MUST ACHIEVE NOTHING. lol.

Something to acknowledge is that after "Samantha's Lullaby" starts - the screen starts ascending into the sky, and towards the moon... as opposed to just showing a clip of the cells (thanks DeadMike for pointing this out)

cj0cxzIBe4c

link for mobile: http://youtu.be/cj0cxzIBe4c

Not reviving yourself from the very start = "Samantha's Lullaby"

Reviving yourself at the start / Getting Downed / Reviving yourself after going down = Regular Ending

Reviving yourself at the start / Getting Downed / Not reviving yourself after going down = Regular Ending

But what does this mean?

The two maps we have heard "Samantha's Lullaby" in are Moon, and Nuketown Zombies.

Let's think about what those two maps share: the sequence in which Richtofen takes control of the zombies from Samantha.

Now, perhaps because we are hearing "Samantha's Lullaby" in MotD is because we haven't broken the cycle and the future plays out in the way we've experienced. What this ALSO indicates is that by breaking the cycle, is possibly has an influence regarding the events involving Samantha (i.e. her being sucked into the MPD, fluffy being teleported). Essentially what this leads me to believe is that all the maps in BO2 are more so a quest to change the past so that in the future - Richtofen cannot assume control.

Either way, I'd love to hear what y'all think! :mrgreen:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting find. I had an inkling that there would be a third song, but I didn't expect it to activated like that.

I know, right? Who knew that doing nothing could result in so much? :lol:

Great find! :o

thanks Sylux! I'm not the first to find it - but I did want to mythbust it by experimenting with different ways of dying on round 1.

Not reviving yourself from the very start = "Samantha's Lullaby"

Reviving yourself at the start / Getting Downed / Reviving yourself after going down = Regular Ending

Reviving yourself at the start / Getting Downed / Not reviving yourself after going down = Regular Ending

What happens if you do this in Co-Op, Online or in custom games with more than 2 people?. Just have both players not revive themselves, Does it still play the song?.

Just tried it in 2 player custom game, didn't work, played normal ending.

I believe this is what Samantha was saying we can't win this way. So by killing yourself you've just broke the original cycle cause by Richthofen plan to rule the world. Also in this state we do not become zombies since were already dead but by reviving ourselves we just continue the cycle once again. But at the beginning by doing nothing is saying "I accept my fate" and then you die.

Though when you move there is that regret which in real life causes us to go into limbo. So it's like what if Samantha choose to destroy her father research and forgive what Richthofen had done. Do you believe this is Samantha regret for not leaving yet? Maybe element 115 is a dark element which needs something like revenge of the 7 sins to increase the power. Who know's but we do know is Sam song just gave us a clue of how to break the original cycle.

I believe this is what Samantha was saying we can't win this way. So by killing yourself you've just broke the original cycle cause by Richthofen plan to rule the world. Also in this state we do not become zombies since were already dead but by reviving ourselves we just continue the cycle once again. But at the beginning by doing nothing is saying "I accept my fate" and then you did.

Though when you move there is that regret which in real life causes us to go into limbo. So it's like what if Samantha choose to destroy her father research and forgive what Richthofen had done. Do you believe this is Samantha regret for not leaving yet? Maybe element 115 is a dark element which needs something like revenge of the 7 sins to increase the power. Who know's but we do know is Sam song just gave us a clue of how to break the original cycle.

That actually sounds right.

I like CrimsonZombie's idea. Perhaps MotD has a specific influence on the end of the ultimate sidequest. For example,

Continuing the cycle = no effect on the ending. The events at Alcatraz keep occurring over and over again, however, this cannot effect our storyline. It's really a paradox, and technically time doesn't pass this event, but it also does at the same time, because we still have the rest of the story with our mobsters trapped in time.

Breaking the cycle (keeping Weasel) = Devil comes back. He wanted to break the cycle by keeping Weasel alive, so he must get something out of it, right? Not to mention Weasel will be on the devil's side now, considering he kept him alive. (Picture Weasel's voice all demonized.)

And now, breaking the original cycle/undecided = Devil is out of the picture, because we've advanced through these events. It's just a showdown between both of the Maxises v. Richtofen. The events that occurred at Alcatraz no longer matter. In fact, the events that occurred during the cycles are completely erased from history. Our mobsters all died via stabs/electric chairs.

Excellent job, Grill. I knew there must have be another song in there somewhere. :D

Definetly time to go see my favorite map the moon. I now have the sudden urge to play it since hearing this song.

what's funny is that the Moon version of this song is different from the Mob of the Dead version. The Moon version has Samantha laughing, and synth's - MotD version has no Samantha, and a cello/viola where the synths' were in Moon. Pretty interesting.

Just tried this, neat find.

:mrgreen: neat indeed.