Spork Theory

The Golden Spork, what is probably THE best weapon in Mob of the Dead, maybe Zombies in general, is a little random. I mean yes it is an amazing weapon, but it really has little to no place in the map.

Or so we thought.

You see, while I was fooling around with the Easter Egg video I'm making, I listened into Stanley Ferguson's retelling of the events, and he mentions the other three stabbing Weasel on the roof. Of course, the first thing that came to my mind is, "How could you stab someone in prison?" You would use a shiv/some other self made weapon.

Perhaps the characters stabbed Weasel with sporks they stole from the cafeteria? Just a thought to explain it's placement in the map.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Golden Spork, what is probably THE best weapon in Mob of the Dead, maybe Zombies in general

Didn't actually think about it til you said it, but this is probably pretty accurate. Besides the infinite damage weapons, we've only seen one other weapon (scavenger) thats a OHK til 34. That makes the golden spork way more powerful than something like the ray gun...

BTW has anyone ever figured out whether the Redeemer does infinite damage or not? That just seems a little OP since it doesn't go away..

@EricMaynard: The Golden Spork is not the best weapon, as there are several infinite damage weapons in Zombies. And sorry, but Stanley Ferguson specifically said they stabbed Al with shivs.

@NZheadshot1: The Redeemer does not do infinite damage. It is just really high damage.

@BizBloodshot: Don't believe everything you read. The Galvaknuckles is a one-hit kill up to and not including Round 14. The Golden Spork is a one-hit kill up to and NOT including Round 34. The CoD Wiki is the WORST place for information in Zombies history.

You wouldn't happen to know how long it's a OHK would you?

No, sorry. But if it had infinite damage, it would kill Brutus all the time, which it doesn't.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with your line of reasoning. Just because the weapon doesn't 1-hit kill a boss zombie doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have infinite kill power on regular zombies.

In CotD the Matryoshka dolls had a reduced damage multiplier on George. While they didn't have infinite kill power anyways (just a lot) it's still an example of a weapon that is less powerful against a boss zombie. We as of yet don't have the specs for it, but I have played past round 60 on MotD and I can swear that the tomahawk has less power against Brutus than against the zombies. Why? Because I was 1 hit killing my trains with the tomahawk but it took a few throws to kill Brutus with it. But if I used my Ray Gun, I could kill him in 3-4 shots as opposed to a full magazine on my train.

A weapon doesn't have reduced damage anything. Things to shoot just have more health. There is no concept of anything like defense in this game. Even Juggernog just doubles your health. Brutus has high health. The thing does not kill him. Therefore, it is not infinite. It is very finite. This is not a debate. It's a notification.

A weapon doesn't have reduced damage anything. Things to shoot just have more health. There is no concept of anything like defense in this game. Even Juggernog just doubles your health. Brutus has high health. The thing does not kill him. Therefore, it is not infinite. It is very finite. This is not a debate. It's a notification.

I'm surprised you didn't know of the fact that there was a damage multiplier to reduce Matryoshka dolls damage against George. In any case, you're wrong about Brutus having high health. Similar to the jumpers in Die Rise, you can still kill him at Round 60+ with the same claymores, Ray Gun or other weapon that you killed him with at Round 7, while you need traps or a lot of ammo from a good weapon (not just any gun) to kill a regular zombie. I never mentioned defense either, you did. I still think that we need more precise data about the tomahawk though, and that we cannot judge the tomahawk's power simply off of how well it kills the boss zombie, since we know that his health scales at a much different rate than zombies if it scales at all. Source? Round 60+ gameplay from me, and you can ask people like perfectlemonade to confirm this or go on YouTube.

George Romero did have resistance and bonus damage multipliers. Likewise the infinite damage Wunder Waffe did not kill him in one hit. Get off your high horse MMX, you could be wrong here.

I helped them by giving them information. They can take it or leave it. It matters not to me. I'm not pompous; I'm ambivalent.

Lol no. The reason why the Spork is on this map is cause they used it to escape. Not because they ate food with it, Or cause they killed someone with it. It's because to escape out of their cells, They dug holes with sporks.

No, they didnt dig holes. They obviously ate dinner, kept their sporks, waited for the guard to make his rounds and then Weasel shanked him with his knife. After the guard came back to life as the living-dead, they shot him numerous times until he finally ceased to live. Further down the rounds road, they discovered their make-shift shivs where taking damage and becoming weaker, so they whipped out their sporks and discovered their power! Billy also talks about "peeling fuckers faces" so what would be his specialty weapon? a melee weapon like a knife, shiv, or spork! They are all criminals, im sure they got creative.

Golden sporks. What will they think of next :lol:

I personally love it. My personal theory is: Fuck it.

It's a one hit kill. It is a BADASS side quest. Its free. It is a different reward from what we are used to.

Honestly. Lets just say it exists. Whateva. All i can say is Thank you Treyarch! You have restored my faith in you.

This reasoning is seriously flawed. Brutus does not have escalating heath as the zombies do. This easily seen by the fact that the same number of claymores kill him despite the round.

The redeemer can one shot zombies at least into the high 60's and this is confirmed.

You are saying that Brutus has more health than a zombie in the high 60s. This is clearly false as he would just demolish everyone the first time he showed up.

Whether or not the redeemer does infinite damage on zombies is yet to be seen. You may be right that it simply has extremely high damage but it cannot be proven based on a brutus argument you provided.

If you were to say that Brutus possessed some extraordinary resistance to the tomahawk aka defense and this defense gave a damage multiplier of say 0.01 then that may be used to conclude that the redeemer does not deal infinite damage. However this argument is flawed as well as the tomahawk is notoriously fickle when it comes to brutus. Sometimes the retriever one hits him and sometimes it does nothing.

If anything I would conclude that the tomahawk simply has poor hit detection when it comes to him.

The only way to clearly demonstrate that the redeemer is not an infinite damage weapon is to find a round in which it take two shots to kill a zombie.

@EricMaynard: The Golden Spork is not the best weapon, as there are several infinite damage weapons in Zombies. And sorry, but Stanley Ferguson specifically said they stabbed Al with shivs.

@NZheadshot1: The Redeemer does not do infinite damage. It is just really high damage.

@BizBloodshot: Don't believe everything you read. The Galvaknuckles is a one-hit kill up to and not including Round 14. The Golden Spork is a one-hit kill up to and NOT including Round 34. The CoD Wiki is the WORST place for information in Zombies history.

Redeemer does do infinite damage. You have to charge it up, but it does do infinite damage. Not sure where you got the idea that its damage is finite from...

Does anyone know what the voice says when you grab the spork with the tomahawk?

You dont grab any spork with the tommohawk. You grab a regular spoon that you can actually use as a melee weapon until you "put the spoon in the tub"

And Brutus says something along the lines of "(gibberish). your number is almost up"