Look before Posting : Please read!

On the forum, but in this section more importantly, I keep sing 50 kinds of topics, all relating to the exact same thing.

In this forum section, one of the worst cases is the Golden Spork.

There is a load of thread about this one thing, when we already have a thread about it stickied at the top of the page.

This is more of a annoyance for members, but most importantly staff.

I can garantee they get tiered of cleaning up this forum because of the **** please report this topic, post **** ads, and you making a topic that has already been posted is only adding to the annoyance.

There are other topics that are just re-posts. Heres some examples:

- Golden Spork

- Pop goes the weasle

- How to build the plane

- 4 Blundergats

- Hells Redeemer

- Need people to help me do the EE!

etr...

I'm just saying guys,I know you want to contribute to the community, but if it has already been contributed, then theres no point.

Please look at the forum, before posting your thread.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that any useful tips, or tidbits people are posting are not necessarily in the OP, so therefore it's not read by everyone(a good bit of people, myself included, don't read every single post, but MOST people will at least read the OP of a thread they open). I think, perhaps, for most of the thread's you listed there should a "General Facts & Discussion thread", have stickied, the Topic Starter takes any requests for information to be added to the OP into consideration and that's how we do it. The rest of thread is a good place for generalized discussion and we have a handy list of information in the OP.

At this point though, I guess you have to ask yourself is it worth doing all that instead of just looking through the threads :P

-SacredRevenge

The thread about the soundtrack was a extremely good thread, and the first one to be posted about the subject matter I believe... Maybe your right.

But that is for another topic, for a later day... this topic is primarily to stop threads been re-posted.

If you notice an OP about the subject you're wanting to post a thread for, just reply to that thread and make a dislcaimer like, "Hey, was just about to make a thread for this, but I see I was too late...In any case, I read through your post and found it a bit confusing so I am basically outlining the same things in a different way, after all looking at the same material in different ways can never hurt." ...Then just proceed to post what you were going to from the beginning. A respectful and polite way of saying, "My thread would've been better than yours, but you posted it first."

Liam's soundtrack thread isn't locked...

Or perhaps I'm looking at the wrong one.

Well done Ryan, this is getting me in the mood for a little spring cleaning.

The current mods, other than one or two, are absolutely terrible and need to do their jobs CORRECTLY.

It's just the usual post-DLC influx, it'll all be gone soon. Hell you guys just wait until BO2 DLC is finished, you'll be begging for multiple threads about the golden spork ( :lol: ). Regarding the mods, at this point there about 5 active mods - they do what they can, but it's not their fault if stuff doesn't get done. If more users just simply took the time to use the "search" function that resides in every category, then we wouldn't have this problem. It's not about "being first", it's about finishing strong.

We should probably also stop deleting or locking ORIGINAL posts, such as LiamFTWinter's thread about the soundtrack being available. The current mods, other than one or two, are absolutely terrible and need to do their jobs CORRECTLY.

I guess you got confused by my tweet?

I was talking about /r/codzombies a reddit.com subreddit :lol: