What is considered "High Rounds" on this forum?

So when I say high rounds im thinking 45-50+. But for some people, they look at someone hitting the 30s as a god. So I thought I would do this poll to see what the community thinks as a good point to call high rounds.

When making this choice you got to think about what is also considered the low rounds and the mid rounds. I think the low rounds are 1-10, the mid rounds 11-40 and the high rounds anything above that. That sounds contradicting but ehhh. idk lol :D

You also got to figure. Most of the choices are considered High rounds. someone that says 50 isn't high is probably an elitist. But this poll is to considered what round do you start calling it a HIGH round.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Rounds for me begin at Round 45 in Black Ops 1,and 35 on Black Ops 2.

The reason my High Rounds changed in BO2 was because of the time spent in one game.

In Black Ops 1 to get to 40,I normally spent 1 hour,or 2 if I was exploring the map;but in Black Ops 2,because of other things we should do(I'm not critcizing,I like the new things they put in game,I'm just stating that they spend so much time in a game)I normally get to 40 after two or even three hours of match...

I think a big factor to consider also would be how large the party you are playing with is.

If we are just talking solo, I think 50+ is obtainable in one sitting on every map. I say in 'one sitting' because if you go much higher than that, the round times increase so exponentially that you would really need a lengthy break or sleep causing you to leave you system on for lengthy periods of time. I don't think that should be a prerequisite for hitting 'high rounds'. I really respect all those with the patience to go for 100+ it just isn't for me.

With 2 people 40+ is definitely easily obtainable. Again round times play even a greater factor here as you cannot pause. I've suicided quite a few times at 40 with a teammate. The games were always fun and exciting but not to stressful or time consuming. The few times I've tried to keep going the late 40's got really boring and time consuming. It really wasn't for me as it makes the game feel like work imo.

I don't have much experience playing with 3 people but I assume it falls somewhere between 2 people high rounds and 4 people high rounds.

Four player games can be some of the most exciting and rewarding experiences you can have in zombies, if you have the right team of course. However I really dislike going to much past 30. I suppose 35 would be a respectable number if I had to choose but on a lot of maps 30 isn't to shabby either. If you go much farther then this, you're looking at a really time consuming game. I ended up killing myself on moon at 38 because the sun was coming up :o (we also did the EE).

These are my numbers and experiences but they will inevitably vary from player to player. So much has to do with strategies you use, the number of players you play with, and you and your team's skill level. And don't forget the map! 4 player moon is pretty much as high as you want if you have the time, but a map like verruckt or shang is a completely different story.

High rounds is a relative term. There is no unilateral definition to it.

Yes sir it is. but im just trying to get a feel for what the community consideres it so I don't go shouting out that the spork is useless in the high rounds when someone says that it is useful because their idea of "high" is in the 30s.

I say around 40+, at least with BO2. As soon as you hit around 20 in the new maps, you pretty much have everything done. All perks, both guns PaP'd, all doors open, all equipment built, and maybe even the places you will camp/train the rest of the game picked out. I see this as the beginning of the mid rounds. At around round 30, you will begin to get almost bored if playing alone. By 40, you're bored, and have played for a while. This is what I would call high rounds. You have to be generally good at Zombies to get here, and I doubt you got here by camping. Seeing as normally people's highest rounds are in the 30's to 40's around here, I'd say that's when the beginning of the end starts.

• Administrators

I say 70+ at an equilibrium between Live matches and Solo matches. Anyone can reach up in the 50's in a matter of a few hours, but it takes serious time and work to go beyond it because you'll come face to face with low ammo count, different weapon combinations, and a good strategy that doesn't primarily revolve around ridiculous tactics.

I think about it as having certain milestones. For example, rounds 1-10 are low rounds, because you still have zombies who aren't running. Rounds 10-40 are mid-rounds, because that's when the spawn rate is still mostly unpredictable, but the zombies movement speeds are all the same. Round 40 is when you officially hit the high rounds because that's when the spawn rate begins to level out. 64+ is nose-bleed high - that's when the spawn rate actually hits max

I would like to add that it really does depend on the map!. Round 30+ on bus depot is effing boss! But high rounds IMO would be anything over 20.

Then you take die rise and MOTD anything over 50 is high rounds, but maybe even high then that due to the wonder weapons greatness.

Farm is uniquie without pack a punch so anything above 30 is high rounds to me.

The other maps 40+ is a good game.

No wthat is single player, multi player opens up a whole other bag of worms.

So take it like this here is my stats I seriously only consider one or two of these "high rounds" as I know i can do way better with patience or a better team. Some of these I havent really tried for "high rounds" yet. Out of all of them my proudest numbers are for Town, and my solo farm. My Die rise is a decent 56 but with the sliqifier training the buddah room what constitutes high rounds? And with Alcatraz once your set up with the blundergat upgraded using the traps you can get into the 50's very easily.

Tranzit - 30(s) 27(4p)

Bus Depot - 13(s) 12(4p)

Farm - 31(s) 15(4p)

Town - 35(s) 30(4p)

Nuketown - 32(s) 25(4p)

Die Rise - 56(s) 33(4p)

Alcatraz - 33(s) 31(4p)

I hope this drives the point home that it really depends on the map heavily what is considered "high rounds". I am betting chopper can get to 70+ every time he plays die rise and my man evilM can do 50+ every alcatraz map. Tranzit has the jetgun (which I suck with) but those that mastered it can probably get a really high round everytime. So it also depends on the persons skill level as well.

I personally consider myself an extremely average player. I have some really good games, but for the most part I'm nothing special. Because of this I think that the definition of high round for me would be what I believe I have the potential to reach, which, for the most part, is 50 solo (other than Ascension which would be 150 cuz it's so easy :lol: )

Co-Op, well I guess 30 on every map I haven't hit 25 on and 35 I haven't hit 30 on. That jsut leaves 3 maps. Der Riese I would say 40, Ascension 50 and Moon 60.

-Jolteon

I don't know how to say this without sounding like an arrogant douchebag, but I often set out for games looking for 100+. I rarely ever achieve them and I wind up dying in the mid 70's, and I usually want to return to that map to try 100 again. That's like, the big goal for me. I just get so bored by the 70s and I usually die. :lol: Oh well.

I think I agree with Edward (above) for the most part.

"High rounds" is a very subjective expression, but I do agree that it's more or less basically this:

Solo - 45-50+

2 Player - 40+

3 Player - 35-40+

4 Player - 30-35+

This does certainly vary per map. For example, 50 on TranZit is much harder to do than 50 on Die Rise. Likewise, 50 on Town or Nuketown is a real feat while 50 on MotD is nice but nothing near as hard as those two. It really depends on how strong your strongest killing options on the map are (Ray Gun vs Jet Gun vs Sliquifier vs Traps), and if you have Jug or not (cough Bus Depot).

Generally, if you can get to 50 on a map other than MotD or Die Rise, you're probably seriously good at Zombies - if it's those two, 60-70.

Depends on who your talking to... Personaly I don't measure skill by HOW far they go, but rather WHAT THEY DO.

The ability, IMO, to accomplish many-a Easter eggs and collect the best load out in the game is more of an accomplishment then running a circle for 10+ hours and getting to round 100 with no other tasks avaible...

I disagree very strongly with you on this. Getting set up is very, very easy and takes far less skill than being able to consistently perform loops with trains of zombies for hours and hours and hours. The people who can get to rounds 100+ usually do have the best loadout, and can do all the other things you mentioned, easily, while the people who can do the things you mentioned often can't get to those high rounds. In a lot of maps, such as TranZit and MotD, you pretty much HAVE to be able to do all the side things (other than the easter eggs) to get what you need for those high rounds, such as building the Jet Gun, opening Pack a Punch, hitting up the box for monkeys or Blundergat, upgrading the Hell's Retriever, and more. The true skill is shown when you can stay on-point with the plethora of split-second judgement calls that keep you on your feet while you go through wave after wave of zombies.

There is no skill in constant circles... Not IMO...

Also setting up is easy, accomplishing your own goals is not.,, as the accession shangri la, moon, cotd, FULL tranzit, die rise, and FULL MOTD Easter eggs can be done by round 20, other goals, such as the shangri la 4 times EE, training in ruined no mans land until everyone's gained 100000 points, activating the AX7 song on moon (which means A going down and B getting the excavators right), and doing all the easter eggs with randoms will take much longer...

• 2 months later...

interesting topic, and some good input. was going to throw in my thoughts. "High Rounds" is a growing figure for me. A couple months ago I actually thought level 20 was considered high round. But that was also when I was dying 5-10 times by round 14ish. Now, lol round 20 is just getting started... So I would call 50+high rounds today, have not made it there yet but wont be long. Found this thread while I have motd on pause trying to beat the boredom that I saw other mention, I really want to get my spot on the leader boards but worry that desire will ruin the game for me. Any tips? Trying to get shotguns right now so just been playing solo. Perhaps thats the problem?

well good topic, I am new to this forum, so its nice to finally say hi.

zombie_r3d33m3r

Depends on who your talking to... Personaly I don't measure skill by HOW far they go, but rather WHAT THEY DO.

The ability, IMO, to accomplish many-a Easter eggs and collect the best load out in the game is more of an accomplishment then running a circle for 10+ hours and getting to round 100 with no other tasks avaible...

I disagree very strongly with you on this. Getting set up is very, very easy and takes far less skill than being able to consistently perform loops with trains of zombies for hours and hours and hours. The people who can get to rounds 100+ usually do have the best loadout, and can do all the other things you mentioned, easily, while the people who can do the things you mentioned often can't get to those high rounds. In a lot of maps, such as TranZit and MotD, you pretty much HAVE to be able to do all the side things (other than the easter eggs) to get what you need for those high rounds, such as building the Jet Gun, opening Pack a Punch, hitting up the box for monkeys or Blundergat, upgrading the Hell's Retriever, and more. The true skill is shown when you can stay on-point with the plethora of split-second judgement calls that keep you on your feet while you go through wave after wave of zombies.

I agree, it takes more skill to learn to survive with ANY load out, vs. being a 12 year old and raping the box trying to get THE BEST load out you can. Heck, I only buy wall weapons on ANY map until the knuckles / bowie is a 2 hit kill.