New Codes to Cipher - We Need Your Help!

GRILL

hey guys, I've just found out about these new codes and I'd love to get them transcribed. I know there are some real cipher wizards here, so let's crack this! (this code may be polyalphabetic). I searched this section and could not find a thread on these ciphers, but if one exists - please point me in that direction. :mrgreen:

CODE #1

04M0L.CZGL9EI1?-RAL81,5-88JRD?J5-6.?T7OKZO?M9KRXOBALUJHJTQML4E P.BGMSS3NN52TL9.190A7PHZ871RN9,FBKK7HZYNVG?ZMTU_CW8,IZMAF5Y1N 7346HR9_AC-GY5JQ-4,5FBHJD16KJ11AM85ZUZ_JEM873AAPQBLMJ56FG?P5, _C1ESTUU,G-G9WMB9V_ZNYHH9B8H8LC6NC175,2DUE.MG2XXPWWWW,S5VPP SUMVN3SDWG_QAYWSWG5TQDYWFP799O-RN3ZUGY-H-3THIBUC1RWAWBMYEI V_67T7F6P7U9-G1FAD2R4Q87EN0ZRU,_BPRF_XM9A03?CM2YQS0BIRL30KYA 36E2WJM

CODE #2

J.W-ON8G,CEY2UX1D,K52GU05S5,K?DP.P?-418Q9.CHOUR08?TVO1-SQOPAS 3ALRX576ZA-1MQP.E6ZOMOC8IF4S,2Z68-I_CPL39PF-5MJ?GWQJ1NCGPG7L- ?QOIVRB1NP0V3,2ME__AEHWWUE4UH83UIN_V75IIZBGI2XX72ZRAOMURGR-0 FJSDPT-KV.7L3NWD66RO6KBK,6GKP6B7_F?M,6HWS2MUO2IP9SHP,Q0YXBM KCP1U1,W?S101S1VD.NAFW9Z0FXGX6NG28.UAJLK6FU218RTFMF_OO.UK3JRC S._77Y7W?OH5U9JY1LY4AEC0EQ9Z0L85TDX84DKFM8BFUD4VGDICZ9

CODE #3

G.R9PXXV.M??65FI8FYOUCHLYWLF5Q3EL42HA81DJX95RJ_Q7I?,ASHJU2165 SPK.K121N3PAKPL0672,KY-UXQXOX_-ZBV95P_C.,TB64M23N.3J_.-81LMJHH 0FKTDO.,R7UD?9KLPU30?JS3-HP,.3MVHNYJ_WAHWB6O6C.JB_BSV,3IM7P6 EUHKQO9E-ACKD3WSFTUUEUMEO89Y.KI3CNL4EPC_73EJR,UIJ6OJO,FW2712 P_MAO?YTQDZY2ZRN8RO7.1OCBS1PEIHK8.V5QH5-I-7M__WIAIIYDMU.G

6onE_sBHnBc

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a polyalphabetic cipher, then we would need a cod word of sorts. I think(emphasis on think) we need a 12 letter word. I used to mess with ciphers a lot when I first got into zombies around BO1, but I'm a bit bit spotty on some things since its been awhile. Now if the code "word" is indeed 12 letters, then "mobofthedead" could work. "Devilsisland" could work as well...Can't really think of anything else. This is pretty interesting though. Nice post!

Kinda reminds me of this recent Wired article. A 250 year old code was cracked. It had picotograms that could be deciphered (de-cipher-ed) into some letters, colons, spaces, periods. Then that was decoded into German, then English.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/11 ... cript/all/

Halfway down is the original and translations:

z ns eh n hd iot hk tri j ns ah b mal tri nu h z ih plus c ni three bar d r. ki mu del oh s z uh three zs lip o.. pi iot oh r g zzz ni x. ns ah j iot del gam zzz y.. lam l iot hk p z eh plus f plus uu cross c. iot bas uu c del grr cross c. oh arr lam f h. nu x. uh : j sqp lam e m. ns r. gs m. c. : uu h tri sqi : lam gs grr y.. ru ah ds bar p. arr uh b m. oh c. : uu h tri sqi c. tri bar n z grr bar m. ah x. uu o m. grr iot c. n bar ns uh c x. ih hd zzz y.. plus zs del eh hd n. c. lam uu

Kinda reminds me of this recent Wired article. A 250 year old code was cracked. It had picotograms that could be deciphered (de-cipher-ed) into some letters, colons, spaces, periods. Then that was decoded into German, then English.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/11 ... cript/all/

Halfway down is the original and translations:

z ns eh n hd iot hk tri j ns ah b mal tri nu h z ih plus c ni three bar d r. ki mu del oh s z uh three zs lip o.. pi iot oh r g zzz ni x. ns ah j iot del gam zzz y.. lam l iot hk p z eh plus f plus uu cross c. iot bas uu c del grr cross c. oh arr lam f h. nu x. uh : j sqp lam e m. ns r. gs m. c. : uu h tri sqi : lam gs grr y.. ru ah ds bar p. arr uh b m. oh c. : uu h tri sqi c. tri bar n z grr bar m. ah x. uu o m. grr iot c. n bar ns uh c x. ih hd zzz y.. plus zs del eh hd n. c. lam uu

Caps and lower cases matter alot friend and I know it's not all lower.

F

Also for example X can stand for Kh like Khan

I'm on it.

I think I have a few ideas on cracking it.

Can anyone post me a picture of the loading screen? I saw something I might be able to use on there.

good to know wizardmanguy!

looking forward to see what you find :mrgreen:

Hey, has anybody looked around on the web for how to decipher a prison code? My first thought when i saw these papers is that it could be a code between the prisoners telling them of something to come, or of a plan that they might be formulating to do something with each other in the prison.

It would make sense that it could be that, but i could also be wrong. I'm willing to work with all of your ideas to figure this out. Hit me up if you have ideas. I think we can figure this out if we all contribute whatever knowledge we know and learn and whatnot.

Well have now obtained a book I ordered for this cipher it is written in greman and it was published in 1851. It's a leather bound book and there was only online. I ordered it for 25 dollars from this one library :/ lol still it's cool as hell and it's rar. Promise legitamently.

What's up y'all? So for the last couple days a few of us have tried to decipher the codes from above. Nice map hunting btw to find them! We've used a few phone apps and free online software and haven't really gotten anywhere. However, the 4x4 number box on the bottom right hand of the loading screen might help. I'm sure someone has already figured this out, but I'll throw it up here anyway.

Box numbers 13-15-2-15-6-20-8-5-4-5-1-4-7(1?)-2-3-4

Letter affiliation M-O-B-O-F-T-H-E-D-E-A-D-G(A?)-B-C-D

We aren't sure about the 4th to last number, it looks like a 7 which would be G. But if it was a 1, then the message would end in ABCD. Also, is this a clue for the wall codes or for the FFGXGD... code on the loading screen? Anyone started deciphering that one? What have y'all tried in terms of keywords and what type of cipher do you think they used?

Couple that we have tried...

PlayFair cipher - Keywords that failed: mobofthedeadgbcd, modofthedead, escapealcatraz, devilsisland, richtofen, maxis, noonegetsoutalive.

There is a cipher type they used in WWI called Ubchi. Anyone look into this?

What's up y'all? So for the last couple days a few of us have tried to decipher the codes from above. Nice map hunting btw to find them! We've used a few phone apps and free online software and haven't really gotten anywhere. However, the 4x4 number box on the bottom right hand of the loading screen might help. I'm sure someone has already figured this out, but I'll throw it up here anyway.

We aren't sure about the 4th to last number, it looks like a 7 which would be G. But if it was a 1, then the message would end in ABCD. Also, is this a clue for the wall codes or for the FFGXGD... code on the loading screen? Anyone started deciphering that one? What have y'all tried in terms of keywords and what type of cipher do you think they used?

PlayFair cipher - Keywords that failed: mobofthedeadgbcd, modofthedead, escapealcatraz, devilsisland, richtofen, maxis, noonegetsoutalive.

The FFGXGD letters that you are talking about are a different cipher than the one on this thread. Its an ADFGX cipher used in WW1 as well. But its way more complex and harder to figure out, seeing as you need to know the correct placement of the letters in its polybius square and you need a special keyword to decipher it. No one that ive heard anywhere has made any progress on it.

I think you are spot on with this the first but I think the FFGXGD is different.

BTW, any 6 letter, non-character repeating words that begin with leters that are later in the alphabet than the other four letters? For example, 'Zombie'

I tried Zombie as the key word and it didn't work, but with the order of the letter columns, the first two letters need to be later in the alphabet.

I think you are spot on with mobofthedead for the 4 x 4 cypher grid. Hmmm - I contemplated "teddyisaliar" at first.

Get the keyword for the ADFGX cypher and you should be home free though. To add another wrench into the gears that are turning: who says it has to be 6 letters? You realize that the original poly grid had 24 characters based on that alphabet and a russian grid could have 33 characters - based on the russian alphabet... "reznov" anybody?

I think you are spot on with mobofthedead for the 4 x 4 cypher grid. Hmmm - I contemplated "teddyisaliar" at first.

Get the keyword for the ADFGX cypher and you should be home free though. To add another wrench into the gears that are turning: who says it has to be 6 letters? You realize that the original poly grid had 24 characters based on that alphabet and a russian grid could have 33 characters - based on the russian alphabet... "reznov" anybody?

I feel you BITZJUNKIE I see what your saying my friend and your on to something!

I'm having a hell of a time cyphering the Greek symbols. There breaking down to Germanic writings and its ahhhhrgg! Driving me up the wall lol