"It appears as though the persistent rank data for.."

"It appears as though the persistent rank data for *gamertag* has been corrupted. Your rank has been restored to the most recently stored backup: Lvl 3"

Anyone else get this? First time I'm hearing about this.. Lvl 3 seems to be skulls with blue eyes, which is what I've been on forever. Been trying to get the knife.. at least I know it's a glitch now :lol:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Once in a blue moon, the server will bug out and do something most online gamers know as "rollbacks". A hiccup in the system will some how fail to remember the previous games' data and statistics. In turn, your ranking will change based on what it was anywhere from a few games ago to almost a couple of days back. The statistics, however, will not decrease/change.

Once in a blue moon, the server will bug out and do something most online gamers know as "rollbacks". A hiccup in the system will some how fail to remember the previous games' data and statistics. In turn, your ranking will change based on what it was anywhere from a few games ago to almost a couple of days back. The statistics, however, will not decrease/change.

I see. Thanks! :D

Classic case of rushed game. I ran into this a few days after launch, so I asked some devs what the deal was and got a reply of "If you dont like the game, dont play it" Well treyarch, if YOU cant code a game, dont make it. There where/are tons of issues still not addressed to this day. If you release a half finished game, dont expect the title COD to fix/cover-up your issues.

I don't know about this.

The first time (and only time) I had this happen to me was immediately after hitting round 42 on Die Rise (the first time I'd gone past 30) and when I came back I had this message and had been promoted to skull/knife...

• 4 months later...

This happened to me yesterday, and two days prior, so twice! Same message with the Lvl3 text in it.

Each time the day before I got to levels 20+ or 30+ in Origins in a solo game. Don't think it's related, but that's what I did.

I'm not sure what it's resetting, but I hope it's not all my kills and stats for those games!

happened to me the other day, and several times before that( lose a tally or gain tally) it is sadly quite common,..

Been trying to get the knife..

on my quest for knife rank( had to commit myself to this task fully to achieve it) I was booted from a game, and when I came back there she was the knife,

I played probs 15-20 games on die rise(fast), running till bout 24, then just quitting with no downs, to get my k/d ratio up to 70, this isn't the only factor but this is the only stat friends had better than me, so went to work, once my k/d was over 70, I changed tactics to pb high rounds,

the next 5 games or so were my biggest ones and quit each one couple rounds past the last, by this stage my k/d was nearing 80 and was confident I could have a game with my semi-noob mate without too much effect :lol: we got booted on round 3 and when we came back in my knife was up :?

ok all that hard work and i get rewarded for being booted from round 3,.. :roll:

just try not to have any bad games,(bad=k/d less than 70)

oh and if you hadn't guessed already, i had to do it solo(a more contolled environment)

hope this helps,

I received this exact same message yesterday.

This is the first time I have received any "Corrupt Rank Data" messages.

I finished a game & turned off my Xbox console while still in the game over lobby. When I turned BOII back on & went into the Xbox live Zombie lobby this message appeared. I'm not too sure what Tally mark I was on prior (either 3 or 4). I'm around a K/D of 70 & still on skull.

First time that this has ever happened for me.

Ugh. I had this about 2 weeks after Die Rise's Xbox release. Lasted about 2 months.

Basically any game I was in for Multiplayer and Zombies, I would get forced out of it so this message could be displayed. This would also cause unfair probations. If I was somehow lucky enough to finish a match, I would be 1-2 bars for some odd reason. After earning a bloodthirsty for the camo's the game reset it back after the message, so I didn't gain anything. That was the last straw for me, and I vowed not to play CoD or buy Revolution until this was fixed.

Anyway it was a post-Revolution patch that did this/made the game unplayable. It was the Uprising patch for PS3 (came about close to when it was released for Xbox) that fixed it for me, more than 2 months later.