~How-to Guide~ The Hell's Redeemer

Hey guys it's Nai here with a step-by-step guide on how to obtain the upgraded version of the Hell's Retriever, the Hell's Redeemer!

Step 1: Satisfy the Bloodlust

To accomplish the first step, you have to feed 6 zombies to each of the three heads of Cerberus. The heads are located at the Docks, in the Infirmary, and the Cell Block.

NOTE: Each zombie must be fed one at a time. Killing multiple zombies in quick succession will cause only a single zombie to be consumed. Wait until Cerberus has finished chewing before you kill the next one.

Step 2: Collect the Hell's Retriever

In the Citadel Tunnels, directly across from the Shower entrance, there are three symbols of a demon head. If all three are glowing, the panel of wall should be missing. Enter the room of summoning, and collect the Hell's Retriever.

Step 2b: Kill 30-40 zombies with the Retriever BEFORE going to the bridge

Once this step has been completed, you will hear a sound similar to the sound of going into Afterlife.

This step has never been confirmed. Probably do this to be safe, but I don't think it is needed. I will include it anyway to satisfy certain members of our community.

Step 3: Constructing the Plane and travelling to the Bridge

For our third step, we must collect the 5 parts of the Plane and construct it on the Roof. Once build, all players should jump on and take a journey to the Golden Gate Bridge!

Step 4: Charging the Retriever on the Bridge

Now, we need to charge our Retriever. To do this, kill 30 zombies on the bridge with just the Retriever. Once this is done, you will hear another Afterlife sound. Once you hear this cue, use the Electric Chairs to travel back to the island. If you do not hear the sound, stay another round. Keep in mind that you cannot shoot or you may risk your chance at getting the Redeemer for that trip.

Step 5: Sending the Retriever back to Hell

Go to the dog location in the Cell Block. Throw the Retriever into the pit underneath the floor. You can get a clear view of the area from one of the two railed areas in the room. If done correctly, the Retriever's icon should keep flashing, but not come back.

Step 6: Obtaining Hell's Redeemer

First, start the next round. This should cause the the Hell's Retriever to disappear and the light surrounding it to turn blue. Enter Afterlife mode and head over to the light: there should be something new in there: The Hell's Redeemer. Hold the USE button to pick it up, and head back and revive yourself. You should now have the Hell's Redeemer, an upgraded version of the Hell's Retriever.

The Redeemer is a 1-hit for infinite rounds. It is the ultimate High Round weapon.

~Nai

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guide is incorrect. Upon getting the retriever, you must kill 30-40 zombies BEFORE you do your round on the bridge. You can kill these 30-40 zombies ON the bridge, if that's easier for you. I personally do them in the cafeteria. You will hear the afterlife noise (a screech) indicating you are ready to do an ENTIRE round on the bridge, from start to finish.

Now, you can take the plane over to the bridge, or start a new round if you're already there, and kill zombies on the bridge with nothing but the retriever. After the round is over, you will hear the screech again, indicating you can NOW go back to Alcatraz and throw your retriever in the fire pit. Throw it in, you'll hear the screech again, and wait until the NEXT round starts, upon round starting, go into afterlife and the redeemer will be waiting for you where the retriever normally is.

So again, it's:

Obtain hells retriever

Kill 30-40 zombies (you'll hear the screech)

do ENTIRE ROUND on bridge (you'll hear the screech)

Throw into pit (you'll hear screech)

wait till new round starts

Obtain redeemer from afterlife

Hope this helps everyone having trouble!

This guide is incorrect. Upon getting the retriever, you must kill 30-40 zombies BEFORE you do your round on the bridge. You can kill these 30-40 zombies ON the bridge, if that's easier for you. I personally do them in the cafeteria. You will hear the afterlife noise (a screech) indicating you are ready to do an ENTIRE round on the bridge, from start to finish.

Now, you can take the plane over to the bridge, or start a new round if you're already there, and kill zombies on the bridge with nothing but the retriever. After the round is over, you will hear the screech again, indicating you can NOW go back to Alcatraz and throw your retriever in the fire pit. Throw it in, you'll hear the screech again, and wait until the NEXT round starts, upon round starting, go into afterlife and the redeemer will be waiting for you where the retriever normally is.

So again, it's:

Obtain hells retriever

Kill 30-40 zombies (you'll hear the screech)

do ENTIRE ROUND on bridge (you'll hear the screech)

Throw into pit (you'll hear screech)

wait till new round starts

Obtain redeemer from afterlife

Hope this helps everyone having trouble!

I've done this without killing the zombies before the bridge, and only going 1 round on the bridge but still got it. If other people have trouble though, I will update this with your info, okay?

For steps 2b and 4 you don't mention if you have to damage zombies with only the Hell's Retriever and no other weapons or perks. Is that a mistake, or can you really use your other weapons as long as you eventually rack up 30-40 tomahawk kills?

We never found this out. I'd probably just use the Retriever to be on the safe side, because iris known to work :)

For steps 2b and 4 you don't mention if you have to damage zombies with only the Hell's Retriever and no other weapons or perks. Is that a mistake, or can you really use your other weapons as long as you eventually rack up 30-40 tomahawk kills?

We never found this out. I'd probably just use the Retriever to be on the safe side, because iris known to work :)

Actually, the game records your total Tomahawk kills and after the set amount, the afterlife sound is heard.

Also I already have a 30 posts topic on that and you don't have the right steps

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=31717

*Not to be a bitch about it but what's the point if the steps are wrong? :?

*Not to be a bitch about it but what's the point if the steps are wrong? :?

Well, actually you have a step wrong. You do not have to wait a full round before grabbing the redeemer. You can get it as SOON as the counter clocks over to the next round.

But I will update it with the points you have.

• Administrators

I'm not sure why people say that you need to kill zombies before you go to the bridge. I've played several games where I go directly to the bridge upon first obtaining the Retriever, and go my two full rounds there until I hear the sound. Once that occurs, I go back onto Alcatraz and toss that sucker into the pit.

Never had to kill prior to the bridge, ever.

These people are wrong, you need to kill some zombies with the tomahawk before spending the full round with the 'hawk but it can be done either in the prison or on the bridge. That's why you spend two full rounds I guess, I get it after one round every time because I make sure I kill enough zombies before heading on the bridge. It's no big deal but it's still a fact that you don't have to spend 2 full rounds on the bridge before you can throw your 'hawk in the pit.

• Administrators

These people are wrong, you need to kill some zombies with the tomahawk before spending the full round with the 'hawk but it can be done either in the prison or on the bridge. That's why you spend two full rounds I guess, I get it after one round every time because I make sure I kill enough zombies before heading on the bridge. It's no big deal but it's still a fact that you don't have to spend 2 full rounds on the bridge before you can throw your 'hawk in the pit.

That would make sense. I guess I've always done this step on the bridge to ensure that I get both steps done. It's not hard to do whatsoever, especially if you're on a relatively low round. ;)

That would make sense. I guess I've always done this step on the bridge to ensure that I get both steps done. It's not hard to do whatsoever, especially if you're on a relatively low round. ;)

i think you are almost correct. but the statement of some kills MUST be made before spending the full round on the bridge, isn't entirely true. they can be done simultaneously though. maybe that's what you meant, but its not neccessarily a 1-2-3 step deal it can be all done at once

• Administrators

i think you are almost correct. but the statement of some kills MUST be made before spending the full round on the bridge, isn't entirely true. they can be done simultaneously though. maybe that's what you meant, but its not neccessarily a 1-2-3 step deal it can be all done at once

That's what I said in my other previous post, haha. I would kill AND survive a whole round using nothing but the Hell's Retriever on the Golden Gate Bridge. But the reason I do them both on the bridge is because it seems much more simple to me. Either way you look at it, there is a definite link between the number of kills obtained with the Tomahawk and killing on the bridge. This gives us a variety of options in completing the steps.