Zombies Team Hard at Work?

So apparently the campaign team have come up with Mob of the Dead. If this is true then I have two theories.

Theory 1

The zombies team have let the campaign team take control of a filler map so they can work on making a better zombies map for DLC 3 and then DLC 4, which might be a zombies only DLC.

Theory 2

The zombies team is taking a break because they are too tired to create a map.

I'm hoping its my first theory.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The campaign devs gave us what we wanted basically and the zombies teams is making the game harder. I'm hoping your first theory is correct and that green run and great leap forward were just maps to make us think the rest would suck..I just don't get why they're effing with the perks so much...we just want to run and gun and find cool stuff for easter eggs along the way. Not pray the randomness of the map gives us an accessible juggernog. There's a fine line between challenging and frustratingly annoying. Ithink we can agree we play zombies to take a break from being 1000% on edge from multiplayer.

I would assume it is because the Zombies team is hard at work with DLC 3 and 4. With the way the maps are evolving, you can bet it is taking a lot more work to complete each map. By doing it this way, the Zombies team get more chance to perfect the maps; rather than rushing them and having issues, complications and innevitably having fans losing faith. I personally think this is a smart move.

-Jolteon

Definitely your first. In one of the Uprising DLC trailers one of the directors that was talking about MOTD stated the zombies team gave them the schematics for the map and all of the EE and such for the map, let them build it so they could start working hard on DLC 3 & 4 so it's gonna be EPIC.

More time to work = better focus on the gameplay and storyline = new elements aside those that we have been introduced to = success.

On the other hand they had all the time they could have wished and came up with Tranzit so that formula really doesn't equal success. :|

DLC 4 is undoubtibly the most important of all the DLC, zombies-wise. It wraps up the storyline for this game and leaves us waiting for the next game to find out what happens next. Whatever they have in mind as extra content in DLC 4 can be worked on aswell. They most likely are already done with DLC 3 and are waiting on the appropriate time to release it.

• Moderators

More time to work = better focus on the gameplay and storyline = new elements aside those that we have been introduced to = success.

On the other hand they had all the time they could have wished and came up with Tranzit so that formula really doesn't equal success. :|

Exactly.

DLC 4 is undoubtibly the most important of all the DLC, zombies-wise. It wraps up the storyline for this game and leaves us waiting for the next game to find out what happens next. Whatever they have in mind as extra content in DLC 4 can be worked on aswell. They most likely are already done with DLC 3 and are waiting on the appropriate time to release it.

One thing I really hope they do more of with this, is things like when in Black Ops 1 they as a surprise added mule kick to every map. That was awesome and gave a fresh life to each of the maps. My friends and I went and made runs on all the maps after that and it was super fun!.

So Treyarch, if you are listening, updates PAST dlc 4 would REALLY increase the replay value and bring some of the old maps back to life. Hell if there were some updates or surprises you might even be able to convince me to play Tranzit again. (it would have to be a pretty good update though lol :P )

I just hope they do something like last time for the hardened edition people. I would've felt pretty ripped off if I had to pay for the classic maps TWICE. And here we are with Bo2 and I'm already feeling pretty ripped off. And I bought the season pass to so unless they refund us for some of that their isn't really much hope on that...

quality of map = time spent on map x infinity

Therefore, time is irrelevant. All Zombies maps are amazing. All are awesome. Therefore quality is a constant. I love Zombies. A Zombies map taking place in poop would be wonderful. Yes, dare I say it!

Your math is a bit off. Assuming that quality = time x infinity would also assume that quality = infinity, meaning that no matter how much time they took on a map, it would be infinitely good lolz.

But aside from that, i agree that time really isn't a factor. Tranzit was terrible, they had a full year to work on it. MotD is amazing, and hey did it in just a few short months

• 3 weeks later...

I know this a bit old now but...a zombie map in poop....I....I..I...I just don't know if we're playing the same game! I play the zombies for the map detail, the dilapidated landscapes, the sci fi nature of the locations , amount other things of course, but the surroundings are what truly decide if I will play the map and enjoy or not..and well...sludgy brown messes would not be interesting to slay undead in.lol tranzit and die rise game modes took forever to finish and left many player frustrated and throwing controllers..mob of the dead was completed rather quickly AND has knocked everyone's socks off..I'm scared of what will come next because it could possibly be another waste of season pass :/

And all this time I thought TranZit was Zombies in poop. Sure looked and played like it.

I kid, I kid... (not really, I'm pretty serious) ...

But what if they had another team make Mob so they could do DLC 3,4, AND 5? I'm still holding to my theory that we're going to get a fifth all Zombies DLC as a bonus. They can't do 4 as all zombies because people that bought the season pass for multiplayer maps would be peeved... but if there was a fifth one that was all zombies and season pass holders just got it as a bonus? Yeah...

And all this time I thought TranZit was Zombies in poop. Sure looked and played like it.

But what if they had another team make Mob so they could do DLC 3,4, AND 5? I'm still holding to my theory that we're going to get a fifth all Zombies DLC as a bonus. They can't do 4 as all zombies because people that bought the season pass for multiplayer maps would be peeved... but if there was a fifth one that was all zombies and season pass holders just got it as a bonus? Yeah...

Yeah, there was a tweet by Treyarch a month or 2 ago that said there would be at least 4 dlc map packs. Hmm... at least....

Yeah, there was a tweet by Treyarch a month or 2 ago that said there would be at least 4 dlc map packs. Hmm... at least....

Really? Well that just about confirms it for me. I think/hope that they will try to do something for the Season Pass Zombies fans and especially us Hardened Edition purchasers to make up for releasing the "Exclusive" Nuketown map to everyone. Judging by what happened in the past, I could definitely see them releasing an extra all-zombies map pack that will be regular price for everyone, but a free bonus to Hardened Edition owners and Season Pass holders (obviously).

It kind of all makes perfect sense in my eyes... we have references in the game code to older maps, we have another team having made one of the DLC maps, we have DLC 2 coming out much earlier than expected (almost a month ahead of the Black Ops DLC release schedule), and now that tweet. So they kick out DLC 2, 3, and 4 each a bit earlier than previous DLC packs, and then they have the time to get the extra one out before Ghosts is released.

I've even thought about the names/acronym pattern of the DLCs... DLC 3 could be "Liberation", and 4 could be something like "Evolution". At this point we would have FEAR and RULE... which seems complete. But then they kick out one more called "ReZtoration" (restoring old maps and including a new one) and completed we have FEAR RULER. Haha I dunno, just a thought. Regardless, I'll be surprised (and kinda disappointed) if we don't get a surprise 5th map pack.

There's a fine line between challenging and frustratingly annoying. Ithink we can agree we play zombies to take a break from being 1000% on edge from multiplayer.

"Do you know those times when you've been put through so much pain you couldn't bear it? Well, that's reality for you."

I have been a FunForFreedom survivor since 7/2/12!

Diablo 3 Gold

Buy Runescape Gold

Supporting Leon X Zara!

I have a blog!

There's a fine line between challenging and frustratingly annoying. Ithink we can agree we play zombies to take a break from being 1000% on edge from multiplayer.

A lot of us don't even play multiplayer, and some of us bought Black Ops 2 solely for the Zombies game mode. I actually treat multiplayer and zombies the opposite from you: I take zombies more seriously, and in multiplayer I just troll people in Search and Destroy and League Play :lol: