Electric Cherry, stunning sensation or electric death trap?

Hello my fellow zombie slayers! Whilst I was walking, rather briskly, down by the docks this past day with a horde of undead following my every move I began to ponder the true usefulness of our new perk Electric Cherry. You see, if the electrical blast does not kill your flesh loving friends, it usually stuns them in place for a few seconds, and when you're trying to run trains in very tight spaces, and tiny little loops this delay in the horde's motion can cause serious problems. I'd like to know what all of your thoughts are on our new perk? Is it a godsend, or an accident waiting to happen?

I for one am leaning towards the latter, although for some reason I just can't bring myself to stop buying it. I like to run small tight trains, and unfortunately if I don't time my reloads well, it screws that up terribly. Plus I keep accidentally shocking crawlers to death when I play with my buddies, so yeah. Not as great as I thought it was. Still looks really cool though.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun to use, not usefull for me.

Makes nothing in high rounds, and it takes away part of your vision. The only pro I can see on it is that when you go down having it, all zombies around your body will die.

Altought I really like the idea of an electric reload, it's not as incredible as it sounds.

At least for me. :lol:

Pairing the Blundergat with Electric Cherry complements each other nicely. Especially when fully upgraded with the acid kit and all.

That is an idea that appealed to me and it seemed like it was a combination that was intended to be used.

I might try P-A-Ped Gail and Blundergat with it and see how it goes then and try to do a more open train, like the roof

I was thinking about the very same thing today. It honestly seems like the new perk was made to compliment the Blundergat... but through hard experience, I'm starting to think it's not worth having this perk.

We can upgrade the Blundergat and make it have a rather weak and not-so-reliable Awful Lawton effect. That's nice, and useful... sometimes. But there are a lot of times that the zombies seem to entirely ignore the acid effect and continue to swipe at you. Electric Cherry seems to help with that, so you can stun them in between shots when using Speed Cola. But then, they're stunned, so the little amount of time they spend chasing your shots goes down to basically nothing. So you're still trapped. And you get downed, despite spraying the heck out of them with your Acidgat. It sometimes feels to me that Electric Cherry removes the only chance I have of escaping death, by stunning the zombies so they can't move and they stay where they are, trapping me. Or I stun half of my train, and the others continue right behind me. When I double back, I find my train separated and caught between the two sides.

I've started just using Deadshot instead. Honestly it's hard to really be sure if EC helps or not. It honestly helps the camper - the low level Zombies player - more than the train runner, the serious player.

Now, there is a definitely good use for EC. If you're just using the Sweeper or basic Blundergat without the acid effect, you can simply shoot and shoot to get out corners in the 40s, if you have EC.

Overall, it doesn't seem to compliment the monkey bomb effect of the Blundergat, but it does help camping, a little. I'm starting to think Deadshot is a better choice overall, though.

it's actually quite useful this perk if you get caughtup and reload it frees you and say you get thrown on the wall and 20 zombies surround you just shot and reload as fast and as much as possible andyou won't take any damage and you'llbe able to squeeze out eventually or as soon as you blow the one zombies head off that's blocking yourexit I really love this perk alot

That is an idea that appealed to me and it seemed like it was a combination that was intended to be used.

I might try P-A-Ped Gail and Blundergat with it and see how it goes then and try to do a more open train, like the roof

It almost makes it too easy, actually. It's can be easy to trap yourself in various areas when running around the map during rounds, but with that blundergat and Electric Cherry, in one shot I've vaporized like 3 zombies, and since it only has one shot, the rest of them just get stunned once I reload, making it easy to dodge them and escape tight quarters and close calls.

I think it is wonderful. Perhaps it could be problem in small areas. So the question is, why are you in a small area?

Honestly this is what I was thinking exactly. Based on my understanding of it, it can hinder your training abilities in tight spaces, but helps out in wide spaces. So then why would someone but it then proceed to train in a tight location? Either drop the perk or adjust your strategy to accommodate it's presence.

I usually run the safest trains available, or the most convenient. So having never used it, I think it would be better for me than deadshot. That's not saying much since I go exclusively for headshots so Deadshot is useless for me anyway.

I was trapped on round 40-50 (don't remember the exact round) and had the shield and electric cherry and sweeper. i was able to get out because when i doulbe shotted the zombies i would reload stunning the zombies around me and then shoot again and if any zombies would hit me they hit the shield. this perk is awesome.

Honestly I used Electric cherry on my first 2 playthroughs and then realise it was not useful at all for the kind of zombies that I play.

I'd rather have Deadshot to kill Brutus quickly and get 100 points for every zombie kill that I get since it's headshots all the time.

You gotta use it with the right gun. I like to use it with the Uzi mainly because of the low 25 rounds. Most people dont know that cherry zaps the strongest when you waste a full clip of ammo. So the a gun with low rounds such as the Uzi with Double Tap, Speed, and Cherry is the way to go. Double Tap makes you empty the clip faster, next Cherry zaps all nearby zombies, then the quick reload with Speed...rinse and repeat.

also if the zombies become stunned just melee them with the golden spoon. :)

I was thinking about the very same thing today. It honestly seems like the new perk was made to compliment the Blundergat... but through hard experience, I'm starting to think it's not worth having this perk.

We can upgrade the Blundergat and make it have a rather weak and not-so-reliable Awful Lawton effect. That's nice, and useful... sometimes. But there are a lot of times that the zombies seem to entirely ignore the acid effect and continue to swipe at you. Electric Cherry seems to help with that, so you can stun them in between shots when using Speed Cola. But then, they're stunned, so the little amount of time they spend chasing your shots goes down to basically nothing. So you're still trapped. And you get downed, despite spraying the heck out of them with your Acidgat. It sometimes feels to me that Electric Cherry removes the only chance I have of escaping death, by stunning the zombies so they can't move and they stay where they are, trapping me. Or I stun half of my train, and the others continue right behind me. When I double back, I find my train separated and caught between the two sides.

I've started just using Deadshot instead. Honestly it's hard to really be sure if EC helps or not. It honestly helps the camper - the low level Zombies player - more than the train runner, the serious player.

Now, there is a definitely good use for EC. If you're just using the Sweeper or basic Blundergat without the acid effect, you can simply shoot and shoot to get out corners in the 40s, if you have EC.

Overall, it doesn't seem to compliment the monkey bomb effect of the Blundergat, but it does help camping, a little. I'm starting to think Deadshot is a better choice overall, though.

Have not tried the Blundergat yet, trying for it now with the upgrade. But I agree with the EC comments. It seems useful early. But I noticed later that crawlers were showing up for no reason. Then pieced together that it was the EC making 'em. Which seemed counter productive as opposed to helpful. Will try Deadshot.

You gotta use it with the right gun. I like to use it with the Uzi mainly because of the low 25 rounds. Most people dont know that cherry zaps the strongest when you waste a full clip of ammo. So the a gun with low rounds such as the Uzi with Double Tap, Speed, and Cherry is the way to go. Double Tap makes you empty the clip faster, next Cherry zaps all nearby zombies, then the quick reload with Speed...rinse and repeat.

also if the zombies become stunned just melee them with the golden spoon. :)

Did not know that. Cool. And the above video was great. :lol: