Russman's Connection to Mob of the Dead

In MotD, the story of the M4 are very interesting and the "sidequests" are fun aswell but I've noticed some connections about Russman and Alcatraz. Please note that I make wild connections between Russman and the mobsters from Mob of the Dead and I have some lose evidence so I hope you guys understand.

• RUSSMAN, MARLTON, AND THE WEASEL

As I've stated in another topic about Mob of the Dead, Russman seems to have a nickname for Marlton, which many of you know as "Darlington". I barely see any connection between the two zombie slayers (Marlton and Arlington) but only one thing: they're both the smarts of their respected group. It's beyond me if Russman calls Marlton because of it combines Marlton and Darling (Darling + MarlTON = Darlington) or he may be referencing the Weasel.

• RUSSMAN AND THE DEVIL BOX

This is something I've found recently that I've just remembered. If I recall, Russman calls the mystery box the "Devil Box" correct me if I'm wrong because it may be Stuhlinger. But it's seems to me that the mystery box in Alcatraz Island seems to bear some demonic elements to it because of it's resemblance to a coffin, glowing red instead of blue, and being in flames aswell. Also! If I'm not mistaken there have been theories about Satan being in control of the zombies which may aswell be more evidence for it being a type of devil box that Russman might be referring to. Because, why else would you call the mystery box a "devil box".

• RUSSMAN AND LIGHTNING

I believe one of Russman's quotes is when the power is turned on in TranZit he mentions that lightning as a bad omen or something of the sort. I remember there being a thunderstorm while playing Mob of the Dead. Which ties in to my last topic, a type of bad, or devilish omen. I know this is really loosely based compared to my last points but it's something I've noticed.

That's all I have so far! I'll update this thread with more when I find them. Leave your thoughts and other finds aswell. Thanks! :D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting of how russman plays into this whole mess. Maybe there is a cycle in their group as well.

If I'm not mistaken I think there is. It's shown in Die Rise when good ol' Richtofen respawns the group after they die. Most likely to either "continue the cycle" or "break the cycle" though I'm not sure.

Very interesting of how russman plays into this whole mess. Maybe there is a cycle in their group as well.

If I'm not mistaken I think there is. It's shown in Die Rise when good ol' Richtofen respawns the group after they die. Most likely to either "continue the cycle" or "break the cycle" though I'm not sure.

Doesn't Stuhlinger say something at the end of DR opening like "Have we been here before?" Maybe their cycle is to power the tower, and if they don't power it before they die then they get put back in, just my thought.

Disclaimer before reading - I truly and wholeheartedly do not believe this tinfoil hat theory.

But, it might be some food, possibly unhealthy, food for thought.

With the "Fear Rus" theory, the "Stop Rus" theory, and "Russ is the man in the sky" theory, I thought I might aswell put my conspiracy cap on.

I made this post in another thread so it might seem a little out of place, but here it is:

I hate to fuel the fire, because I truly don’t believe the Russman theory.

But let’s say this is true-

IS Russman the devil?

If all this “fear Rus" stuff is true and that is his face is in MotD(which I personally do not believe), then he could be the controller of the zombies or some ethereal being.

I believe his character could point to the possibility of him being something else( NOT someone else).

HE is a scruffy looking, vagabond type character. He has no home, nor does he belong anywhere. His is homeless, unnoticeable to the public, someone in the background. A wanderer, he goes anywhere becuase earth is NOT his home. Just like a spirit he roams. No one would guess him to be any harm. He appears as a powerless man on this earth. This all hints that his home, place of belonging, and true power lay elsewhere. It would be easy for some type of being to take the form of a homeless man. He is right under our nose. Who would guess it?

Most people see "Oh, here is just another crazzy, senial, old man. Walk away, don't make eye contact". But, that is exactly what "Russ" would want, he doesn't want people to know.

Is that why he takes kindly to Stu?

Which is why he would connect to the Satanic Atmosphere of MotD.

Although it doesn’t really explain why he was able to be killed in the Die Rise trailer (I know he isn’t dead, I know it was a part of the cycle) but, he could have easily faked his death as he is omnipotent. And how he knows Misty prior to Green Run but, he could have been on earth for a while.

Annnnd that is about it for my tin-foil hat of the day theories.

Please take this with a KILO of salt. I don't believe it either and I am not crazy!

:lol:

Trust me, I have much theories and ideas. Don't judge me by this one. :D

Hi, Jon here. I was thinking and don't mean to sound tin-foilish. What if by The Weasel killing Sal, Finn, and Billy, the bridge or spacetime continuum is sort of mended and Russman lives through the ordeal in Die Rise thus breaking the cycle they were trapped in? Maybe that's why he has a jump scare in "Mob of The Dead" when looking at the FIREWORKS and the GGB. Remember the bridge behind Naht Der Untoten in Tranzit? Now maybe it was hinting that the rifts can be mended at the Golden Gate Bridge where the decision to murder 1 or 3 comes in play and whether or not the cycle will be broken or repeated. Forgive me if this sounded preposterous to any.

In the DR intro, Russman dies and the other three enter the elevator. The cycle there is when they restart and all four are alive. I believe the gameplay of DR is AFTER the intro, right?

In MotD, if the Weasel dies, the cycle continues, much like when Russman dies in the DR intro. If the Weasel lives, the cycle is broken. From that, one would assume the cycle is broken if Russman lives, which points to him being pivotal in the storyline.

The Weasel needs to live, as does Russman?

In the DR intro, Russman dies and the other three enter the elevator. The cycle there is when they restart and all four are alive. I believe the gameplay of DR is AFTER the intro, right?

In MotD, if the Weasel dies, the cycle continues, much like when Russman dies in the DR intro. If the Weasel lives, the cycle is broken. From that, one would assume the cycle is broken if Russman lives, which points to him being pivotal in the storyline.

The Weasel needs to live, as does Russman?

The only thing that makes me believe this is because both Maxis and Richtofen have given up on numerous groups, leading them most of the way but then leaving them in the dark to die, with the four we play, maybe their deaths give Maxis the upper hand so Richtofen is keeping them in a state of limbo like the ones in MOTD?