Hells Redeemer

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried killing the Guard with the hells redeemer? Theres a thought for ya. Or how bout with the golden spork? Maybe one of those two will do something special.

I tried both he didnt die with the spoon in one hit but 2 fully charged hell's redeemer will kill him for sure and it doesnt do anything special

There has to be something more to this. We've used the retriever to "retrieve" the skulls, what do we use the redeemer to redeem. HERES ONE! What about killing the weasel with the redeemer to end the easter egg, or killing the other three as weasel with the redeemer, mayben to redeem your sins etc?

Sooooooo something very interesting happened to me just now.

Powered up the retriever by killing zombs on the bridge. threw the retriever into the fire pit. started new round. running in the cafe. i go down. revive myself and go reaquire perks... i look and my retriever was back. red glowing tomahawk in my inventory. so i figure ive got to throw it in the pit again. when i do that it flashes blue and charges 3 times?! So i never went to get the redeemer it just kinda glitched into my inventory. then i went to afterlife went down there and it still let me have it. so now its blue. but that was bizarre.

Powered up the retriever by killing zombs on the bridge. threw the retriever into the fire pit. started new round. running in the cafe. i go down. revive myself and go reaquire perks... i look and my retriever was back. red glowing tomahawk in my inventory. so i figure ive got to throw it in the pit again. when i do that it flashes blue and charges 3 times?! So i never went to get the redeemer it just kinda glitched into my inventory. then i went to afterlife went down there and it still let me have it. so now its blue. but that was bizarre.

^ This.

I was going to say the exact same thing. It looks like a glitch, or an alternate way to upgrade it. Here are the steps:

1.-Kill 30+ zombies on the GG bridge just with the Retriever.

2.-Throw it into the lava pit.

3.-Get downed, and after reviving yourself you'll have an orange tomahawk in your HUD but actually the one you have will be the Redeemer.

Note: You have to wait for a new round before getting downed, so the light changes to blue.

Treyarch wouldn't just add in the hells redeemer for the only reason being it is a 1 hit kill until round 'insert number'. There must be another use for it. Has anyone tried searching around the map for other items to get like we did with the blue skills?

Also, it is called the redeemer. Which is another word form of redemption. What if weasel ends up killing everyone else to break the cycle using the redeemer? When weasel goes down and goes unto his monologue, he talks about him not being able to fulfill his promises to the other 3 inmates. So his "redemption" could be fulfilled by killing them with the Redeemer and possibly breaking the cycle permanently? This is all speculation, however, I truly believe that the redeemer is not just another weapon.

Thoughts?

My apologies brk. Apparently I don't know how to scroll to the 2nd page in this thread to see the latest posts. I honestly posted my theory without reading yours. Not trying to steal your thunder.

At that, I am going to try this theory out as soon as I can. Might not he until the weekend tho.

^ This.

I was going to say the exact same thing. It looks like a glitch, or an alternate way to upgrade it. Here are the steps:

1.-Kill 30+ zombies on the GG bridge just with the Retriever.

2.-Throw it into the lava pit.

3.-Get downed, and after reviving yourself you'll have an orange tomahawk in your HUD but actually the one you have will be the Redeemer.

Note: You have to wait for a new round before getting downed, so the light changes to blue.

anybody tested this out to see if there's any way to use this to get all 4 players a hell;s redeemer??

A little experimenting today.. Went to bridge after start of 14.. Stayed all of 14, using Retriever only.. Stay MOST of 15, Retriever only.. Went back to Alcatraz, pit wouldn't not keep my Ax.. Went back to bridge end of 16, stayed ALL of 17, left very beginning of 18, only used Ax.. Got back and got my Redeemer.. My theory, stay one COMPLETE round, using only the Retriever, and you can get the Redeemer.. And multiple players can do it at the same time it has been confirmed, but whether or not it takes a certain amount of kills, I am unsure.

has anyone confirmed whether or not all players have to refrain from shooting? or for instance all 4 of us are on the bridge, but player 2 and 4 do not care to get the redeemer but 1 and 3 do. If 1 and 3 only use the retriever and shoot no bullets for the full round, can they get the redeemer? or do all 4 have to refrain from bullets?

Does anyone have a sure fire way to make sure the whole party can receive the redeemer?

Idk about everyone else, but having everyone get it in a co-op game seems exceedingly rare.

It just does not seem to work sometimes. Anyone else having this problem in co-op and more importantly has anyone found a solution?

In my personal experience, the best and easiest way to ensure that everyone can get it is to make sure everyone spawns into the main room, and no one chucks their axe into hell to get the redeemer, until everyone has exited the afterlife. Every time my group has tried for the redeemer, we always end up missing it because someone would get a little too excited, and that player can get it fine. Once one player has done that, it's glitched for the rest of the team. However, if everyone is spawned into the library spawn from the bridge, it should be grabbable by all.

To get everybody a redeemer just go to the bridge as early as possible to make it easier. I like round 10 :). Now just have everyone use the axe until the start of round 14. DO NOT SHOOT. That is important. It will screw up getting the redeemer. Keep in mind that shooting only effects the player doing the shooting, nobody else. Also, throwing your redeemer into the pit with everybody simultaneously is a good idea but unnecessary. As soon as you get back on round 14 just go lob it in the pit. I've even used it for half a round then threw it in while back at the prison. If you go down before you can claim the redeemer, just throw your red one back in ASAP.

Im fairly sure this isn't just 30+ zombies, When i play solo and multi player, i start my round on the bridge, DONT SHOOT OR SPORK/CLAYMORE/GRENADE, and end the round on the bridge. then the pit. works everytime. I have noticed if you go back early and kill zombies the pit doesn't take it.