Marlton and Arlington?

I'm sure I'm not the only person when I heard Arlington's name in the Uprising trailer and thought of Russman's nickname for Marlton, which is "Darlington". Now Darlington, while not similar to Marlton's name is very close to Arlington's of course.

I can see why Russman would call Marlton, "Darlington" if he is of course referencing Al in MotD. Marlton and Al share only one similarity that I've noticed so far: They are both the brains of the group. Not sure if there are plenty of other similarities that I've missed between the two, but I've just wanted to bring this up. What are your opinion on this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, welcome to the forum! I'd introduce yourself here, so people can get to know you. :D

I can see the resemblance between the two. Maybe 3arch has an obsession with making the last two letters of the smart ones have the -on sound.

Rictof(en)

Marlt(on)

Arlingt(on)

However, I see it a little more as a coincidence. "Darling" seems to be his way of calling someone a sissy, and adding it into Marlton's name works well. MotD takes place years before the events is Green Run.