Mending the Rift

John

Hi guys, I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I've had this on my mind since the release of MoTD, and I've got to tell the community about it. So basically we all remember the "Mend the Rift" scenario with Stulinger in Die Rise right? The voices tell him to mend the rift, and we were unsure of what he was saying, or what he meant. I've been doing a lot of thinking with the endings to the new easter eggs, and before I present my theory, I just want to explain what happens on both sides of the easter egg endings:

If the other 4 players KILL Al Arlington, you "Continue the Cycle"

If Al Arlington kills the rest of the 4 players, you "Break The Cycle"

Now I was thinking for some time about this, because it was very interesting to me. How these 2 events can be chosen, and no matter which one you choose, the game ends. What if we're mending the rift in Mob of the Dead. What if somehow, us going to Alcatraz is to Mend the Rift, a rift we have yet much more to understand. What I mean is that, Richtofen tells Samuel to "Mend the Rift", and he doesn't know what he means. We thought it had to do with Die Rise, but I have a feeling that Mending the Rift is us trying to mend a rift in time, which was never mended. For further support, we can refer back to the voice logs in Mob of the Dead. The guard talks about how the 3 other members joined together and killed Al together. But what if this wasn't supposed to be? What if us "Mending the Rift" or fixing the rift is going back in time and fixing something that wasn't supposed to happen? In the voice logs, we hear the guard talking about how they joined to kill him, and that is what had originally happened. Therefore, at the end of the Egg, when you go to the GG Bridge and you KILL Al, you see "The Cycle Continues..." But when Al KILLS the other members, the cycle is broken..

Understand where I'm getting with this? What if whenever you kill Al, the cycle is continued, you go back to Alcatraz, this whole thing starts again, over and over, maybe is some sort of time loop/cycle back in time which played a major role in the Zombies storyline, and now us playing here is for us to "Mend" something that happened in time, to fix what happened here, or killing Al. Therefore when we see "The Cycle is Broken" we've basically just changed something in history "Mended" something, we don't know for the good or bad, but we have mended the rift which Richtofen has been speaking of.

Sorry if this sounds really scattered and all over, I'll try and make this a lot more neater when I get home, I've been in a rush however so I wanted to get this out to you guys as soon as possible to see what you guys could come up with. Thanks for reading :)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the FUNNIEST feeling that maxis wants us to pick one ending, and richtofen the other..

Also I heard a rumor about the golden rod on this map, not obtainable... But here... Could it be possible the events here may do something to the rod that will foil or help richtofen?

There is something strikingly similar to the golden rod on the loading screen. Just to the left of the back end of the plane.

EDIT: Nvm, I checked back to see what the golden rod looked like, it's nothing like that. I was wrong :P