Should there be lengthy timeouts/bans for players who leave?

There is nothing worse when you have a good thing going and a player gets downed/dies ,only to quit like a little baby because he lost his perks or weapons, despite the teams good strategy and attempts to revive him and in some cases despite the money to get set up next round.

For this I think there should be a lengthy timeout or even a day ban, thats how much i hate it.

For players who genuinely need to go out or do something important in their house/whatever there should be a ban report for every game where someone left, for example a player tells the team he needs to go, when he prematurely leaves after the match the other players can say if he left unlawfully.

Please vote and or tell me your ideas. Thanks.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it should after a set number of quits. I sometimes lagout or back out because I've got to go somewhere while my friends are on a high round. I mean, sure it's annoying that people just rage quit like that. Maybe add an indicator next to their name that they've done it before, or even derank tallies every time they do it after 5 times in a set time or something.

While I agree that this annoys the hell outta me, I think you're being a bit harsh. I mean seriously, getting banned for rage quitting?

Treyarch should have just gotten the whole leaderboards things right the first time and then no one would care when the crappy players quit

In my eyes a ban is the best deterrent!

While I agree that this annoys the hell outta me, I think you're being a bit harsh. I mean seriously, getting banned for rage quitting?

Treyarch should have just gotten the whole leaderboards things right the first time and then no one would care when the crappy players quit

In my eyes a ban is the best deterrent!

What if I have to go? What if I literally can't stay? I deserve a ban for that?

• Administrators

Exactly. I don't quit in a match unless I musthead off somewhere and I know that the game is not important for me enough to delay what I need to do. You can't really determine a method of tracking rage quitters versus those who need to take a mandatory leave because the game registers a quit as a quit and nothing more.

I'll agree on readjusting the leaderboards. Have it the way it used to be, that's all. If a person leaves, oh well - the game will just count the other players then and not the one that left.

As annoying as it is that's a bit harsh :P It should effect the rank in a really negative way though especially for people with the knife or shotguns if they rage quit they should get their rank demoted. But at the same time there's times where im just trying to game a quick round before work and it ends up dragging for too long and I just have to leave because I can't be late because I'm playing friggin' zombies lol, same with internet cutting out or something where you really don't want to leave but end up getting booted or having to go.

Plus after a while hearing someone get pissed off and rage in your ear gets annoying, same thing goes for if you're just having really bad luck this match and you keep going down to the point where you're just pissed and the games not fun anymore its better to leave, smoke a bowl to cool down and come back with a clear head. No use stressing over a game that's supposed to be enjoyable

how about round * 3 minutes. so lets say you back out at round 20, thats an hour that you will be "banned" from online zombies play. if its round 5, it would only be 15 minutes. this would only be on the second offense in a single day. sometimes i join a game that just starts and its round 1 and i didn't even have a chance to look at the players. i will leave and only get a 3 min penalty (maybe a 0 min penalty since round 1 hadn't started :?:

or maybe if you leave 4 times in a day you lose a tally.

The problem is, zombies is infinite. If a game gets lengthy (20+) people begin to get bored, and want to do something else. Maybe instead of temp banned players could get deranked.

It turns out that you can get deranked for leaving games. i was leaving games in mob of the dead solo because i kept getting nukes or the key spawned in the wrong location. about 10 games of doing this i looked back and had a knife when i had shotties. never went down in those games but the game decided to fuck me over.

Exactly. I don't quit in a match unless I musthead off somewhere and I know that the game is not important for me enough to delay what I need to do. You can't really determine a method of tracking rage quitters versus those who need to take a mandatory leave because the game registers a quit as a quit and nothing more.

I'll agree on readjusting the leaderboards. Have it the way it used to be, that's all. If a person leaves, oh well - the game will just count the other players then and not the one that left.

I am for Treyarch implementing a system similar to the MP one, where a player gets a 3 x 10 minute playing ban for quiting/dashboarding/lagging out a game, then it increases to 20 minute bans, 40 minutes, 60 minutes etc.

This would force people with genuinely poor connections to sort it out with their ISP rather than constantly blaming them.

People with poor connections may not be able to help it sometimes, but they also mess people games up too, and that is unfair also.

If your connection is weak, then you probably should not be playing online with people on a game that effectively ruins everyone elses game too, when a player lags out.

Either way, they need to do something quickly, because this is a growing pandemic.

The problem is, zombies is infinite. If a game gets lengthy (20+) people begin to get bored, and want to do something else. Maybe instead of temp banned players could get deranked.

It turns out that you can get deranked for leaving games. i was leaving games in mob of the dead solo because i kept getting nukes or the key spawned in the wrong location. about 10 games of doing this i looked back and had a knife when i had shotties. never went down in those games but the game decided to fuck me over.

Yeah you can, was trying to get Cashback on Tranzit a while back and wasn't downing myself as I'd just got my Knife rank back, started about 3-5 games and bought QR then ended, and got deranked, got my rank back after a game, but it is possible.

Well think about it... If every player got banned for leaving a game, then surely some kids would take advantage of this and be all like: Look, if you don't take me to round 100 I'm gona report your @$$! Mommy says I can!

However the ability to:

A: Continue progress on your leaderboards after a player leaves (I can get to round 30 easy with 3 people, the prob. Is it doesn't count because there's always THAT GUY who leaves or disconnects by round 9....)

B: Punish people who rage quit (say a 5 minute wait before a game can be played again) and then if they do it often enough it moves up to 10-20min....

C: kick people you don't want from a public match

Would be LOVELY!