Brutus -- A Foe to Both Sides

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TheBsZombie FatedTitan and I were discussing this exact thing last night when we were playing. The only conclusion that we could come to was that if he were a demon, (which in this thread we are assuming he is, not the warden)he could be able to summon multiples of himself at the same time. He is a demon, he has special powers. The same could be said to explain how he comes back after you "kill" him.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna jump on board and say great post dude! I enjoyed reading it. I can't say I agree with what you say but thanks for giving it all the thought you did and sharing here. This is what it's all about here bro. You guys don't overlook a single thing in this game and I love reading and discussing it all. Great thought out post with lots of good theories and I like how you explain the logic you used to come to your determinations. Keep it up man.

Very VERY interesting post here Fated. Very well written my friend.

So we've figured out what Brutus wants. Now, what do the other three Brutus' want? :lol:

The main thing that irks me about this whole Brutus thing is that there can be multiple Bruti (lol) that spawn at the same time. This does not appear to be one single entity that we see on the map, but something less substantial, yet still very different. I believe his soul was most likely sent to purgatory in order to punish these mobsters for what they had done. And this makes him much different than any normal zombie.

[tab][/tab]He is sent into purgatory by the The Controller himself, as a direct means of a attack against the four. Instead of Ferguson staying alive like we hear in the radios, we know he's killed by Weasel that night before Mob of the Dead starts. Do you think it is indeed Stanley Ferguson's tormented soul sent in by Satan as a means to torture both of them? What's your opinion on that quote from Sal about Brutus being Ferguson?

Just stuff I've been contemplating as I've been working on this thread.

It's good to talk you again my friend. :)

1. The other three Brutus'

- I really stand firm that the entity of Brutus is a very strong demon that can inhabit more than one body at a time. That's what my best guess is to why there can be more than one at once, outside of gameplay purposes obviously.

2. Is it Ferguson?

- I don't think so. We see Ferguson in the cutscene come out and be killed by the M4. I don't think it is Ferguson or a warden, since they refer to him as the Guard. And yes, they do question if it's Ferguson, but I don't believe it is.

And it's great to hear from you again friend! :)

I just thought Brutus was hell's gate-keeper...

It's his job to keep damned souls in hell, such as the mobsters and satan....

My thoughts exactly.

Good enough theory, but to much emphasis on what is essentially just a boss character. I doubt he will play ANY kind of key role in the storyline or the future of zombies.

George never featured in the storyline again, and he was a self aware zombie of sorts, only he actually WAS walking the Earth. He could have potentially wanted to seek out the powers of the MPD also, but didn't.

I take Brutus as nothing more than just another boss we must face, and give him no more attention than I do George, The Spaceman, The Pentagon Thief or even the Avogadro. All boss-like characters who play no major role in the storyline... at least not that we know of.

The Pentagon Thief and Him both play some role in my opinion. I'm not sure how much, but I think they do.

And the difference between Brutus and George is that George is taken by a zombie and turned into a zombie. We see that happen. Brutus is a demon that has been sent to this place. His quotes reflect that. He is there for a reason.

Well no previous boss character has been carried over to another map before, or even mentioned again in any storyline, so I don't expect it to be the case this time around either. Still... good theory, and who knows... maybe they will utilize HIM and BRUTUS again.

Personally, I just doubt it myself.

I don't know if the other two play a large part in the story. I think there's more to be found out about what Him is. I also think there's more to be found out about the Pentagon Thief, like why he was doing it. And if Brutus is what I theorize he is, then he's been around for a long time.

I don't know if the other two play a large part in the story. I think there's more to be found out about what Him is. I also think there's more to be found out about the Pentagon Thief, like why he was doing it. And if Brutus is what I theorize he is, then he's been around for a long time.

Well, I had always hoped the Pentagon Thief would show back up in the story somehow, but it never materialized. Shame, because I thought they would introduce him as a spy for Richtofen or Group 935 but no.

The Avogadro (or him) has the same non-existent history to him as the rest of the bosses so far, so I just don't feel that Brutus is going to be any different. It is always good to speculate on these things, but I just feel it can be wasted when Treyarch give us nothing on their background, and also abandon them after a new map is introduced.

The Pentagon Thief and Him had so much potential to become characters in the story, and not just the game.

Just to throw this out there, the Nova Crawlers were technically a "Boss Zombie" in a matter of speaking along with the Hell Hounds, variations of the Crawlers were featured in Kino, Moon and Die Rise, can't remember if they were in any other maps, but probably were, and the Hell Hounds are in few as well, I just think people should remember that these were also meant to be a kind of boss type entity

Brutus may be forcoed to attack the others but regardless he still does. If you play out the easter egg you'll see that Brutus spawns and zombies spawwn and it's 3 mobsters vs many brutus & zombies & the weasel

Brutus is actually Ferguson. I'm going to be making a thread and posting it soon showing why Ferguson is actually Brutus.

Just to throw this out there, the Nova Crawlers were technically a "Boss Zombie" in a matter of speaking along with the Hell Hounds, variations of the Crawlers were featured in Kino, Moon and Die Rise, can't remember if they were in any other maps, but probably were, and the Hell Hounds are in few as well, I just think people should remember that these were also meant to be a kind of boss type entity

Yes, but the Hellhounds and the Nova's ARE part of the story, and are mentioned within radio messages. The Hellhounds within the story originate from Samantha's dog Fluffy. They are Fluffy's pups. The Nova's were part of an experiment and get mentioned as such.

The other boss characters are not mentioned in any map they are in or Outwith.

MotD makes for interesting discussions, but Brutus is not something or someone I would debate on myself. For a start, there can be multiple Brutus' at any one time, and also, he is just a demon from the mobsters past, seeing as they are living out an eternal damnation.

Ghost's of the past... nothing more.