STORY OF MOB OF THE DEAD.

On stormy New Years Eve in 1933 four prisoners in Alcatraz start their escape plan that was plotted by Albert Arlington. Their plan was to escape the island with a improvised aircraft. No such plane had ever been build in result the groups escape plan ended failing. Because of this the other prisoners Finn O'Leary, Salvatore DeLuca and Billy Handsome were left with rancor towards Arlington and decided to revenge.

Armed with prison shanks they lured Albert to the roof. And on the stormy New Years Eve Albert was murdered on the cold prison roof. The three collaborates on the murder were sentenced to death by electric chairs. On morning of January 19th 1934 the execution order was carried out ending the lives of these prisoners.

On the map itself we are in a loop recreating the events of that New Years Eve. A powerful thing controlling the zombies keeps resetting that same day until Arlington survives. For reasons yet unknown its crucial for this monster that Albert "Weasel" Arlington doesn't die in their escape plan. When Arlington finally succeeds in his plan and kills the others the CYCLE is broken.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This fits up with a theory me and my friend had that all these character's are trapped in hell. With all the demonic presence this map has. I think the zombies cry out Sam still cause in a couple years sam control's the zombies maybe Satan got the Idea and took her zombies to play his own game with these mobsters.

• Administrators

Dang, a death penalty carried out 19 days after the crime? Unheard of..

Yeah no joke dude, they must've really liked this Albert, or hated the other three haha.

Thank you Matuzz, very much.

I'm exited to find out what happens to Al after he finally escapes. But he is extremely important character. He is hearing voices like Richtofen and Sthulinger. He was chosen by who ever was in control to carry out something.

He mentions the Editor in his journal telling "When I get out, I'll show how wrong he is.." Who is the Editor and why he defaced his art? The plot thickens.

I'm exited to find out what happens to Al after he finally escapes. But he is extremely important character. He is hearing voices like Richtofen and Sthulinger. He was chosen by who ever was in control to carry out something.

He mentions the Editor in his journal telling "When I get out, I'll show how wrong he is.." Who is the Editor and why he defaced his art? The plot thickens.

This is probably the part I am most excited about, really. It feels like The Editor could be one key part to link the story together.

The source is a story told by prisoner when you do easter egg Pop Goes The Weasel. It's after putting correct numbers. You can find some audios about it. Not every is in good quality. The last paragraph is play of guessing by i don't know: what's going on, fireworks in the sky.

You know what interests me the most here? The fact that Stanley Fergurson (the guard killed and later zombified in the opening cinematic) is the one explaining the escape. This leads me to believe that if the cycle isn't broken (or is broken) the outbreak fades from existence or something like that.

As for Arlington, I feel like this won't be the last we'll see of the Weasel. His in-game quotes are very interesting- he talks of remembering the name Nikolai, and seems to have some sort of knowledge pertaining to the story. Arlington seems to be the Richtofen or Stuhlinger of this group. I hope we get more of his character mentioned in the story at some point, cause he must have some importance.

This is probably the part I am most excited about, really. It feels like The Editor could be one key part to link the story together.

I'm sure next or 4th map will reveal things about the Editor.

From what it looks like to me Mob of the Dead has no proper setting. Once Al is killed and the the other 3 killed after it seems like they are sent into some sort of Limbo by the Zombie Leader. A place that doesn't exist in the real world. The zombies don't exist, Brutus doesn't, nothing but the guys do. And they keep reenacting the events except with one difference. Al keeps his memories from across reiterations. This eventually leads to him killing them instead of the other way around. Thus he lives through this Limbo and possibly lives in the real world. Clearly the Zombie Leader wants Al alive, otherwise he wouldn't keep Al's memories intact and end the cycle when he lives. The fact that Zombies don't attack him at the end just furthers this theory. Roughly the same as what others are saying just I don't think things are happening in the real world. If you look at the intro, once the color comes in the prison changes from being clean and nice to Mob of the Dead. I believe that the beginning with no color is the real events. Once the color comes in it's Limbo or wherever it is.

From what it looks like to me Mob of the Dead has no proper setting. Once Al is killed and the the other 3 killed after it seems like they are sent into some sort of Limbo by the Zombie Leader. A place that doesn't exist in the real world. The zombies don't exist, Brutus doesn't, nothing but the guys do. And they keep reenacting the events except with one difference. Al keeps his memories from across reiterations. This eventually leads to him killing them instead of the other way around. Thus he lives through this Limbo and possibly lives in the real world. Clearly the Zombie Leader wants Al alive, otherwise he wouldn't keep Al's memories intact and end the cycle when he lives. The fact that Zombies don't attack him at the end just furthers this theory. Roughly the same as what others are saying just I don't think things are happening in the real world. If you look at the intro, once the color comes in the prison changes from being clean and nice to Mob of the Dead. I believe that the beginning with no color is the real events. Once the color comes in it's Limbo or wherever it is.

They are in Purgatory living the same day and after Albert breaks the cycle its unknown what happens. I believe he gets away from Purgatory but where he goes? Back to the real realm, heaven, hell or Aether?

I know you got the info from the EE, but i did a little research and found that Alcatraz was a military prison until mid 1944 or later. On january 1st 1944, they had started renovations making it able to hold criminals and making guard towers. How could this be in 1933?

Source: http://www.legendsofamerica.com/ca-alcatraz4.html

This is Treyarch we're talking about... But anyways, it references in the Stanley Ferguson radio log that the inmates escaped in "the New Years eve of 1933", as well if I'm not mistaken on the escape plan also.

In 1933 three prisoners brutally murdered another and were executed...but that's not what happened...naht at all. Now Would You Kindly recognize the reference I just made.

HOLY SHITHOLES. if Alcatraz indeed was a military prison that means The Russman could have served time there, possibly an inmate with Darlington. Maybe...just.maybe