Nuketown Clock Sound?

After building the Plane and crashing into the golden bridge you hear the Nuketown Clock "Ding". Now I'm curious to know what you guys think of it: Could it just be a reused sound? (Just like the Call of the Deads power sound being the same as the Die Rise's Power sound) or Could it just be to show us that we are close to Nevada? Or maybe it's linked with Nuketown's loading screen in someway? Or Perhaps it could show that all time is occurring at once and ripping? (Due to the Perk machines fluxing).

I'm kinda confused seen as though it's a rather distinct sound I can't imagine it being used for no reason...

Thoughts?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was playing on the bridge last night and heard this noise literally two seconds before the opening door sound (brutus getting ready to spawn) and I found it odd because I had never heard it before on the map on any location. This is definatley a reused sound from nuketown, just like the sound of the door opening is a reused sound from the game over screen on Die Rise, it could mean something or it could not, plenty of secrets in this map to find :D

The Explanation i Thought for that sound is kinda the same idea as the Clock in nuketown, Everytime you go to the bridge it moves closer to zero, i see it being more a less a hint toward the easter egg due to the fact you have to go to the bridge at least 3 times, doing this if its the same idea as the clock, going the third time would make the clock reach zero causing the numbers in alcatraz to go crazy just how i used it when finding the EE

I completely forgot that the sound happened on my 3rd flight over there (i went 4 times in the game). I am hoping that it symbolizes something like a extra part to the easter egg, or an entirely different secret in general, which I am hoping for. I will take a look later and complete the easter egg again and see if anything changes once I start the game again.

Also on a side note, I heard there is a secret weapon that you get after completing the easter egg? Anyone know about that? I am playing local offline so I have no idea if that effects anything extra after the game ends with "Life Over" as it counts offline indivudually with every game and doesn't save any stats or anything.