Lord of the Underworld

Blitz

• Administrators

Alright I'll change it for you.

See I agree, but here's my evidence. If we really felt inclined to, we could find 15 different eligible names, since hell is a widely used name for the underworld. However, 666 is brought up a few times in the game as well, and that (from what I read) is basically Christian-exclusive, so I propose Devil, Satan, or Lucifer, whichever one prefers to use.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

How can we be playing as prisoners of Alcatraz on December 31st, 1933, when Alcatraz wasn't a prison until August 11th, 1934?

Did Failarch really miss that obvious factoid?

Trust me I've been wondering that, I don't get it at all.

I'd like to change it too "Lord of the Underworld" that'll grab more peoples attention. I just want to get this subject out there, because it seems that people are all answering the same question that it is "Satan" but have no supporting evidence of why.

I personally believe we are dealing with a certain religion here, Christianity.

You say, Christianity. The main thing we are dealing with is the fact that all religions are the same. We all worship the same deities, we just gave them different names and worshiped them in different ways.

The Deity we are dealing with is not the one that is well liked. That being Mictlantecuhtli, Satan, Lucifer, the Devil, Hades, and the list goes on and on. Its all the same ruler of the underworld. He just has a different name given to him by different cultures, which is a result of the Tower of Babel in biblical times.

The Tower of Babel:

The Tower of Babel forms the focus of a story told in the Book of Genesis of the Bible. According to the story, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."

God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withheld from them which they purpose to do." "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, so that they would not be able to return to each other, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth".

This is just further proof, yes it was from the bible, but it shows us that we were all one utopia. We were then broke apart, upon breaking us apart and scattering us across the face of the Earth. We all began new languages, new cultures, and new beliefs. Hencing, that all religions are the same, but they all have different names and metaphors for their beliefs.

So, yes, you are right. It is Christianity, along with every other religion on Earth, because they are all the same.

I'm sorry. I know this is your opinion and all, but all religion is not the same. It doesn't take much research to find that.

Also, not all religions reject others. I went to India this past summer and when we attempted to share Christ with them, the Hindus readily accepted Him. But they didn't understand. We were asking them to believe in one God. They just were thinking "well I have all these other ones, why not one more?" Hindus like their gods.

How can we be playing as prisoners of Alcatraz on December 31st, 1933, when Alcatraz wasn't a prison until August 11th, 1934?

Did Failarch really miss that obvious factoid?

Because of its isolation from the outside by the cold, strong, hazardous currents of the waters of San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz was used to house Civil War prisoners as early as 1861.

Alcatraz was officially designated a long-term detention facility for military prisoners. Among those incarcerated at Alcatraz were confederates caught on the west coast, and some Hopi Native American men in the 1870s.

The Fortress was deactivated as a military prison in October 1933 and transferred to the Bureau of Prisons.

Alcatraz has always been a prison since the mid-1800s. It didn't become a Federal Prison until October of 1933.

So, it is possible that they were using this group as an expriemental group of inmates prior to it becoming a Federal Prison, because these immates were a huge problem in normal prison systems OR they were some sort of military prisoners.

They are military prisoners because of the ADFGX cipher found on the loading screen, here's a little evidence of them possibly being military prisoners.

The most famous field cipher in all cryptology is the ADFGVX cipher. Fritz

Nebel (1891 – 1967), a German radio staff officer, invented the cipher, and the German army began using an earlier version of it, the ADFGX cipher, on March 5, 1918, on the Western Front.

The cipher was created by the German's during World War 1. So is it possible that these guys may have been some sort of war criminals from World War 1. If not, then how would they understand how to use the ADFGX cipher, that's not something that someone would know only a few years after the War, keep in mind the internet didn't exist back then. So, they had to know of the code by some other means.

I'm sorry. I know this is your opinion and all, but all religion is not the same. It doesn't take much research to find that.

Also, not all religions reject others. I went to India this past summer and when we attempted to share Christ with them, the Hindus readily accepted Him. But they didn't understand. We were asking them to believe in one God. They just were thinking "well I have all these other ones, why not one more?" Hindus like their gods.

I understand exactly what you are saying, but you misunderstood exactly what I meant. I was regarding what I said as just for this post.

What would you say if I told you that "All Religions are one and all Gods are the same."? Would that blow your mind? Of course not, because there isn't total proof just a lot of coincidences.

Lets just assume that all religions are the same just metaphorically different and misunderstood.

"Lets just assume that all religions are the same [for this post] just metaphorically different and misunderstood."

Do you understand what I meant now?

Very Very interesting theory and reverts back to ancient mythology. Also throughout MOTB, there are many places that remind me of Aztec sacrifices such as the sacrifice tables and the various piles of skulls and not to mention the crystal skulls.

Also I remember while exploring the map I remember hearing weird indian/aztec ritual music in my headphones I don't remember exactly where But I think I was in the cell block near the mp5

I heard it on rooftop when refueling plane

i have head that in many rooms throughout the map. im thinking there is an ee behind that eerie music. althought i noticed it plays alot in the room with the pics of body parts on the walls. that room is sketchy

in my last game it played in the infirmary quit a bit, and by the wardens desk while i was throwing my tomahawk at stuff in there. i think there might be more to this map we have to unlock. just finished ee where we had al kill us. going to search around in solo. will update with any info in this msg.

:idea: In regards to the Members who have noticed the Aztec style music. :idea:

I'm definitely going to look into this, because I haven't really noticed this myself. Thanks a a lot guys for bringing this up. We need more people doing more research and surveillance into this subject.

This is ridiculous. It all adds up ever so perfectly. Plus, we hear his voice for Greif, too.

btvzfh7ju4s

Skip to around 1:05. He sounds very demonic. Also, that giant orange-ish red-ish sink hole located under the hell hound spawn they spawned in may be of importance with the whole blade-storm or river of blood?

Seriously great work, Blitz.

This is ridiculous. It all adds up ever so perfectly. Plus, we hear his voice for Greif, too.

Skip to around 1:05. He sounds very demonic. Also, that giant orange-ish red-ish sink hole located under the hell hound spawn they spawned in may be of importance with the whole blade-storm or river of blood?

Seriously great work, Blitz.

I appreciate it man! I love it when people add supporting evidence. If someone would find a video of putting 115 in the numbers boxes, so I can get the voice saying "Not This Time" that would be awesome.

-This image is a representation of Mictlantecuhtli, it was created from ancient descriptions of his characteristics. Here's the actual text from the picture.

"For the first time in Mexico presents a historical reconstruction of Mictlantecuhtli god, god of the dead Mexican. It has been prepared by the company Charon Lab with academic support Marco Cervera de Before our era. Never before in the history of our country had tried to reconstruct in this way one Mictlantecuhtli of these features. Much of this is based on the piece found in the fifth season of exploration Temple in which Cervera participated. In the photo, the front Cervera Mictlantecuhtli"

-Definitely looks like a Zombie!

* All Updates Will Be Posted as "Spoilers" to Prevent Unnecessary Bulk to the Current Page*

By the logic of 'all religions are the same' you could go ahead and say that Hades is the one really in charge =p.

Personally I think its Satan/Lucifer for 2 reasons.

1.)The bible verses that were on walls back in Verruckt

2.)Looking at it from a business POV,what would be a bigger seller,a map fighting some unknown Mayan God or a map fighting what is arguably the most infamous demon of them all and his minions in Hell.

Holy mother of Marlton. It's too perfect. If only the announcer said "I am Mich, Mexican lord of the dead, and you all suck poop!"

And I'll try to record entering 115 tomorrow for ya :)

first time i put 115 in the voice said "not this time" the second time it said something i could not make out but was definitely different, going to try again seeing i did the ee and we had al kill us all

This is probably WAAAAAAYYYY off-topic but when you said all the religions were the same, this story popped up in my head.

The Egg

By: Andy Weir

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

Great read.

tl;dr All religions are right in a way, you are gods son, and you will become a God once you live everyone elses lives in the universe, meaning the universe in just an egg.

Besides that, great post. This is an "egg"celent explanation.

Ha-ha... get it? ...... ha... :|

Holy mother of Marlton. It's too perfect. If only the announcer said "I am Mich, Mexican lord of the dead, and you all suck poop!"

And I'll try to record entering 115 tomorrow for ya :)

first time i put 115 in the voice said "not this time" the second time it said something i could not make out but was definitely different, going to try again seeing i did the ee and we had al kill us all

Interesting. Very interesting... I'll do it a few times to see the different outcomes.

This is probably WAAAAAAYYYY off-topic but when you said all the religions were the same, this story popped up in my head.

The Egg

By: Andy Weir

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

Great read.

tl;dr All religions are right in a way, you are gods son, and you will become a God once you live everyone elses lives in the universe, meaning the universe in just an egg.

Besides that, great post. This is an "egg"celent explanation.

Ha-ha... get it? ...... ha... :|

:lol::lol: :lol:

this map seems to have different things happen, maybe there are "rare" dialogues, im going to try putting in 115 multiple times, or perhaps once a round, will take some time seeing im working on the giant hole under e-cherry and the hound. i will post anything thats different than most my runs.

Argh you post some great topics Blitz. I love reading them. And it creates a great discussion.

I haven't played this map very much & haven't looked into what's going on too much, though I have read some interesting stuff here & listened to the audio for the side quest. I haven't even had time to have a look in theatre mode yet.

Anyway, here is something I posted before the game came out. Just an observatioon after one of MixMasterNuts posts. I'm not to sure if it's relevant or just my perception.

I only just noticed this looking back at my post. Can you see the similarities from the Nuketown bubblegum wrapper & the new perk "Electric Cherry"

- Both cost 5c

- The colours are the same

- The Skull inside the Perk Machine resembles 'Mictlantecuhtli'

By the logic of 'all religions are the same' you could go ahead and say that Hades is the one really in charge =p.

Personally I think its Satan/Lucifer for 2 reasons.

1.)The bible verses that were on walls back in Verruckt

2.)Looking at it from a business POV,what would be a bigger seller,a map fighting some unknown Mayan God or a map fighting what is arguably the most infamous demon of them all and his minions in Hell.

The Quote you are about to read is straight from my thread.

Now for the most important piece of information about Mictlantecuhtli!

In the Colonial Codex Vaticanus 3738, Mictlantecuhtli is labelled in Spanish as "the lord of the underworld, Tzitzimitl, the same as Lucifer".

We all know who Lucifer is, at least I hope you do. Lucifer is Satan, aka "The Devil." If you ask me what hell looks like, I'd pretty much describe it like Alcatraz in MotD. Just saying, but back on subject.

Before you decided to criticize a post, be sure to read the whole thing, because you just disagreed with something you agree with. :D