Lord of the Underworld

Blitz

What's going on Zombie Conspirators? Blitz here with another in depth, game breaking theory!

First off, its been up for debate when it comes to who's in charge of the Zombies during Mob of the Dead (MotD) what if I told you, "I know who's in charge and why."?

So first off, lets ask ourselves, who was in charge of the MDP before Samantha took over? Well, no one knows for sure, but its safe to say someone much more ancient has that power.

What we have in the world is a huge amount of religions, Christianity, Jewish, Islam and more. Our world is basically just a huge cesspool of religious and moral beliefs. What would you say if I told you that "All Religions are one and all Gods are the same."? Would that blow your mind? Of course not, because there isn't total proof just a lot of coincidences.

Lets just assume that all religions are the same just metaphorically different and misunderstood.

Now for the most important piece of information about Mictlantecuhtli!

In the Colonial Codex Vaticanus 3738, Mictlantecuhtli is labelled in Spanish as "the lord of the underworld, Tzitzimitl, the same as Lucifer".

Time for an Aztec History lesson! YAY!

Disclaimer: Yes, I understand that this subject has been brought up before, but I have additional facts and theories to support my claims. All credit goes toward those who have mentioned this before me, and if you feel you need to be recognized don't hesitate to PM me. The main thread about this deity will be linked on the bottom, Thank You.

The Aztec faith has a huge amount of "Gods" each one ruling individual denominations of the world. Such as, Fire, flint, water, lightening, and so on. There is one specific god that we are about to talk about that has been noted before by fellow members and that Deity is, Mictlantecuhtli, Lord of the Underworld.

Time for a bit of back story. Mictlantecuhtli, which translates to "Lord of Mictlan", is the ruler of a section of the underworld know as Mictlan.

-This is a statue of Mictlantecuhtli. Kinda Looks like a Zombie, eh?

-This image is a representation of Mictlantecuhtli, it was created from ancient descriptions of his characteristics. Here's the actual text from the picture.

"For the first time in Mexico presents a historical reconstruction of Mictlantecuhtli god, god of the dead Mexican. It has been prepared by the company Charon Lab with academic support Marco Cervera de Before our era. Never before in the history of our country had tried to reconstruct in this way one Mictlantecuhtli of these features. Much of this is based on the piece found in the fifth season of exploration Temple in which Cervera participated. In the photo, the front Cervera Mictlantecuhtli"

-Definitely looks like a Zombie!

Mictlan is an interesting place. In order for one to pass through the underworld one would have to undergo a journey of several trials. The journey from the first level to the ninth was difficult and took four years, but the dead were aided by the psychopomp, Xolotl. The dead had to pass many challenges, such as crossing a mountain range where the mountains crashed into each other, a field with wind that blew flesh-scraping knives, and a river of blood with fearsome jaguars.

- "...a field with wind that blew flesh-scraping knives..."

So, we know about Mictlan, what about the Lord himself?

Mictlantecuhtli was a very mischievous and violent deity. He was known as "Lord of the Underworld" As well as the "God of Death." The worship of Mictlantecuhtli sometimes involved ritual cannibalism, with human flesh being consumed in and around the temple. Mictlanteculhtli was the god of the day sign Itzcuintli, one of the 20 such signs recognized in the Aztec calendar, and was regarded as supplying the souls of those who were born on that day.

We all know who Lucifer is, at least I hope you do. Lucifer is Satan, aka "The Devil." If you ask me what hell looks like, I'd pretty much describe it like Alcatraz in MotD. Just saying, but back on subject.

Mictlantecuhtli was the god of the day sign Itzcuintli, "the Dog." Dogs have occupied a powerful place in Mesoamerican folklore and myth since at least the Classic Period right through to modern times. A common belief across the Mesoamerican region is that a dog carries the newly deceased across a body of water in the afterlife. The dog is sometimes depicted carrying a torch in the surviving Maya codices, which may be a reference to the Maya tradition that the dog brought fire to mankind.

-This extraordinary depiction of an attentive dog captures its spirit as companions of humans. The attentive canine's rotund body may suggest its value as food for the posthumous soul.[/u]

-"Mmmmm! Posthumous Zombies Taste Good!"

Xolotl, God of fire and lighting, sickness and deformities. In art, Xolotl was depicted as a skeleton, a dog-headed man, or a monster animal with reversed feet. Xolotl aided the dead on their journey to Mictlan, the afterlife in some myths.

Ceremonial Axe:

-Ceremonial Axe

-Hell's Retriever

Notice the Similarities?

Mictlantecuhtli has been thought to have been mentioned before on Call of Duty Zombies, on the Nuketown loading screen.

-Mictlantec(uhtli) Bubble Gum?

(Credit to MixMasterNut for this Nuketown Analysis)

Now, for the Theory.

Mictlantecuhtli is currently in charge of the Zombies of Mob of the Dead. We also have his "Hell Hound" that devours the souls of the dead upon their journey to Mictlan. The zombies located throughout the map appear to have been tortured even some depicted with the "Knives" sticking out of their body due to one of the journeys through Michlan.

We have an overwhelming Aztec vibe while in MotD. Located in the Portal in the Generator room it appears that there is a sacrificial alter with skulls surrounding the alter on the ground. Piles of skulls represented not only death but life in the Aztec culture, possibly referring to the dead coming back to life. Most importantly, the Easter Egg itself has us collecting "Crystal Skulls" which have great significance to the Aztec/Mayan cultures.

We are even rewarded with an Aztec/Indian "Hell's Retriever" upon the completion of feeding Itzcuintli/Xolotl. Now whether the Dog is Itzcuintli or Xolotl is completly up to you to decide, there is no evidence that can solidify one over the other.

There is no connect when it comes to why, the eyes are red, but then again does it every explain why Samantha's are yellow and Richtofen's are blue?

Now for an even deeper theory, why do Red Eyes continue to appear throughout World at War, Black Ops, and Black Ops: II?

Why Red Eyes, not Blue or Yellow? The answer is simple, because even though Samantha has taken over the MDP, the souls of the other still remains, in this case, Mictlantecutli. So, he may no longer have control over the zombies, but he has control over the animals since they are a simpler life form. Then again, this is all just a theory.

I have come up with previous theories based off of the spoilers we received prior to the release of Uprising. Here's the post.

In case you were wondering about the how the Hopi relates to the Aztec, here you go.

The Hopi Nation of the American Southwest and the Aztecs came from the same roots, the Ancestral Puebloans, or Anasazi, who had been centered mostly on the Colorado Plateau in southern Utah, Nevada and Colorado, and northern Arizona and New Mexico, from about 1200 B.C.E., during the Basketmaker II era. They migrated to Mexico in the 12th and 13th centuries and are thought to have become the Aztecs there.

Question and Answer Section:

Q: How do you connect InfestLithium's Cerberus into your Aztec Hellhound Theory?

A: It has been mentioned by some, that they believe it may be Cerberus, depicted by the 3 separate heads that make up the door to the Hell's Retriever. I do believe that this is a possibility. Like I said before, Let's Assume that All Religions are the Same". Meaning that, Cerberus, Xolotl, or Itzcuintli are all the same. Need evidence?

Characteristics of Cerberus:

-Depicted as a Hellhound with 1-100 Heads, most commonly with 3.

-Guards the River of Styx, preventing the living from entering and the dead from exiting.

-Known to Devour entire Bodies.

-Was the Loyal Servant of Hades.

-Often depicted as being on Fire.

Characteristics of Itzcuintli:

-Depicted as an entire group of dogs that assist those towards the afterlife.

-Carries the soul across a river allowing the departed to reach Mictlan.

-Known to Devour the Posthumous soul.

-Were the loyal servants of Mictlantecuhtli.

-Believed to bring fire to man.

So, lets tell all little story shall we.

Itzcuintli (Cerberus) is the faithful servant of Mictlantecuhtli (Hades). It was his responsibility to make sure the posthumous soul crossed a river (Styx) to make sure it reached Mictlan (Hades). It was known to devour the soul (Body) to carry it over the river (Styx). Itzcuintli (Cerberus) was also depicted to be on fire, thus bringing fire from Mictlan (Hades) to the humans of the world.

The stories are almost exactly the same, all you have to do is replace a few words.

Q:How do you approach the classical/Christian references in the map?

A: Well first we have Hell, which is depicted as the Hellish Overtone and the Demonic Influence in Mob of the Dead. Hell's Retriever, the multiple pits to hell, and the zombies themselves seem to be tortured as described by depictions of hell.

Next we have sacrifices located throughout the map, all though we have proof of Human sacrifice in Aztec history. Christian History is full of sacrifices, but in a different nature.

In early Christianity, Sacrifice was mandatory, but not in the Aztec sense of mind. God required the sacrifice of live stock and crops in order to sustain him in heaven. How that would sustain him is up to discretion. Although, Human sacrifice wasn't depicted in the Bible we have 3 main stories that involve Human sacrifice. Both in the New Testament and the Old Testament God required a Human sacrifice.

Abraham and Isaac (Old Testament):

According to the biblical story, God commands Abraham to offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice. (Genesis 22:5 and 22:8). After Isaac is bound to an altar, the angel of God stops Abraham at the last minute, saying "Now I know you fear God." At this point Abraham sees a ram caught in some nearby bushes and sacrifices the ram instead of Isaac.

Sacrifice of Jephthah (Old Testament):

On behalf of Israel as a whole and in reliance on the might of God the Judge, Jephthah challenges the Ammonites. Jephthah swears an oath:

"Whatever/whoever emerges and comes out of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the people of Ammon, shall surely be God’s, and I shall sacrifice them as a burnt offering." (Judges 11:31)

The victorious Jephthah is met on his return by his daughter, his only child. Jephthah tears his clothes and cries, "Alas, my daughter! You have brought me very low!" but is bound by his vow: "I have given my word to God, and I cannot go back on it." (Judges 11:35). The girl asks for two months' grace, "... that I may go down on the mountains ... and bewail my virginity" (Judges 11:37). And so Jephthah "carried out his vow with her which he had vowed" (Judges 11:39). The story ends by recounting how "the daughters of Israel went four days each year to lament about[3] the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite" (Judges 11:40).

Jesus Christ (New Testament):

Jesus was order by god to sacrifice himself for the greater good of man kind. That way those who believe in him shall gain God's Grace, and upon death shall live forever with God in Heaven, than suffer eternity in hell.

Human sacrifice did exist in the Christian Religion, but those who did so, or attempted, we're directly influenced by God himself.

The difference is, Mictlantecuhtli encouraged Human Sacrifice, as would the devil. As for Quetzalcoatl, the Aztec equivalent of God, only required blood sacrifice, much like God in the Old Testament with the sacrifice of Animals. Although, it was encouraged the be the blood of humans in Aztec faith.

Radical Forms of Satanism/Luciferism, predominantly Satanic Cultists, engage in ritual forms of sacrifice. Most engage in primarily abducted adults, and in extreme cases, new-born children.

The Ultimate Nuketown Zombies Loading Screen Analysis

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Very interesting theory and reverts back to ancient mythology. Also throughout MOTB, there are many places that remind me of Aztec sacrifices such as the sacrifice tables and the various piles of skulls and not to mention the crystal skulls.

Very Very interesting theory and reverts back to ancient mythology. Also throughout MOTB, there are many places that remind me of Aztec sacrifices such as the sacrifice tables and the various piles of skulls and not to mention the crystal skulls.

Absolutely, Sir!

Thank you for reminding me of this! Totally forgot to add that to my post. I had so much going through my mind as I was typing this thread that I forgot to add the Aztec details of the prison itself. Totally about to edit that in.

Absolutely, Sir!

Thank you for reminding me of this! Totally forgot to add that to my post. I had so much going through my mind as I was typing this thread that I forgot to add the Aztec details of the prison itself. Totally about to edit that in.

And thinking about is, throughout multiple maps, aztec/tribal mythology is mentioned someway or another, such as the temples in the moon loading screen, the MDT shaped as a pyramid, Shangri-La, etc. Just a through, the Alcatraz dog can easily be Itzcuintli the dog since it literally drags the corpses to itself, perhaps Fluffy somehow fused with it and allowed it to become the hellhounds we know instead of just a floating entity. The Rift in time seems to have all started when Richtofen first teleported, he was never supposed to teleport and the aztecs/ancients were always supposed to be in control of Aether. I have a feeling your theory will be strengthened in the coming maps, makes too much sense not to be.

Ahh crap and here I was hoping to never have to watch Indian Jones Crystal Skull again lol. Honestly thought this is what I've been looking for, something we can actually start going full steam with.

The mere fact that you can back up multiple references should intrigue anyone. I myself always loved the flesh cult theories but we haven't had a well documented religious background with which we could work on. Before the modern age religion was the inner workings of all society and we know that events started before 115 experiments by modern scientists.

We've all seen 1 or 2 little hints towards different myths or religions but nothing directional towards the actual storyline as this can be. Mostly all the characters and super beings are just people (twisted as they may be), but now I will definitely devote some time to try and dive into the Aztecs more. I'm pretty sure Netflix has a few documentaries on the case ;)

Also I remember while exploring the map I remember hearing weird indian/aztec ritual music in my headphones I don't remember exactly where But I think I was in the cell block near the mp5

Also I remember while exploring the map I remember hearing weird indian/aztec ritual music in my headphones I don't remember exactly where But I think I was in the cell block near the mp5

I heard it on rooftop when refueling plane

Very, very nice, my gentleman. I sat last night trying to read up as much as possible concerning the Purgatory. As others said, A lot of what you have here matches great. I will keep this thread as my starting point from now on!

What have you found out about the Purgatory? This Mictlan place you're talking about might be something I could see myself jumping deep into.

"Purgatory is, according to Roman Catholic teaching, the state or place of purification or temporary punishment by which those who die in a state of grace are believed to be made ready for the Beatific Vision in Heaven. Only one who dies in a state of grace can be in Purgatory, and therefore no one who is in Purgatory will remain there forever or go to Hell." (http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory)

Great minds think alike.

I posted a thread theorizing the same thing. It is pretty obvious at this point. What other demon can control zombies besides Mictlantecuhtli, the ONLY demon/deity that has been referrenced AND is LORD OF THE DEAD. Elementary my dear, Watson.

I think the cotroller of the zombies is Al capone because he was prisioned at Alcatraz and the notes are from Al so I can infer that it means Al capone.

Due to many not completing the Easter Egg, be weary that there are spoilers about exact dates in this post.

Impossible, Al Capone wasn't ever at Alcatraz during this time. The Exact time of the event is January 1, 1934. He was transferred to Alcatraz on August 11, 1934, which was newly established as a prison on an island off San Francisco.

You find out the exact date of MotD upon completion of the Easter Egg.

Due to many not completing the Easter Egg, be weary that there are spoilers about exact dates in this post.

Impossible, Al Capone wasn't ever at Alcatraz during this time. The Exact time of the event is January 1, 1934. He was transferred to Alcatraz on August 11, 1934, which was newly established as a prison on an island off San Francisco.

You find out the exact date of MotD upon completion of the Easter Egg.

Something doesn't feel right. Sure, the event took place January 1, 1934. Which also explains the fireworks. But on the loading screen it says on the left page, upper right side "26th February 1932" with all the information about the plane included, which indicates that Al, the weasel was at the Alcatraz before the official date of Alcatraz becoming a federal prison. Beforehand it was a Military prison. It doesn't make sense for these four criminals to be inside a military prison, or am I wrong? >.

• Administrators

I think the cotroller of the zombies is Al capone because he was prisioned at Alcatraz and the notes are from Al so I can infer that it means Al capone.

Al is referring to Arlington, not Capone.

How is the date January 1, 1934? How did we find this out definitively?

Al is referring to Arlington, not Capone.

not 100% on this but i'm pretty sure there is a character quote mentioning new years day, or something about the fireworks for new years day? can't remember exactly

• Administrators

About 1:15-1:19 the prison guard tells us about the attempt on new years eve, 1933. Which also explains the fireworks you can see.

So he said New Years Eve, 1933, so December 31. However, he said it was an attempt, and he later turned into a zombie. He's the guard we kill, yes? So how can he write this entry if we kill him. This makes me think that this attempt is one the "fifty" they mention in the opening cinematic.

About 1:15-1:19 the prison guard tells us about the attempt on new years eve, 1933. Which also explains the fireworks you can see.

So he said New Years Eve, 1933, so December 31. However, he said it was an attempt, and he later turned into a zombie. He's the guard we kill, yes? So how can he write this entry if we kill him. This makes me think that this attempt is one the "fifty" they mention in the opening cinematic.

Well the other 3 were executed on Jan 19th 1944 for murdering Al. So there is obviosly something we are missing. I believe we are re living that day again because of some force need Al alive. So he has gone back in time to change the history to prevent Al dying. Thats why when you do the EE if Al dies the Cycle continues but if Al kills the others the Cycle is finally broken.

So we are playing on the New Years Eve on 1933, and change the history.

Great minds think alike.

I posted a thread theorizing the same thing. It is pretty obvious at this point. What other demon can control zombies besides Mictlantecuhtli, the ONLY demon/deity that has been referrenced AND is LORD OF THE DEAD. Elementary my dear, Watson.

Can't tell if you're being serious or not, but...

Greek - Hades

Roman - Pluto

Celtic - Samhain,

Egyptian - Osiris

Mayan - Yum Kimil

Christian - Satan

Buddhism - Yama

Shinto - Shinigamis (multiple)

Babylonian - Ereshkigal and Nergal

Norse - Freyja

Hinduism - Mara

Islam - Azrael

Etc, etc, etc....

Great minds think alike.

Greek - Hades

Roman - Pluto

Celtic - Samhain,

Egyptian - Osiris

Mayan - Yum Kimil

Christian - Satan

Buddhism - Yama

Norse - Freyja

Hinduism - Mara

Islam - Azrael

Etc, etc, etc....

Well, no one really knows how the zombies are controlled now when they have red eyes. It could be the origin and controlled by the Lord of the dead, depending on where you are. Just like there is different types of zombies.

Great minds think alike.

Greek - Hades

Roman - Pluto

Celtic - Samhain,

Egyptian - Osiris

Mayan - Yum Kimil

Christian - Satan

Buddhism - Yama

Norse - Freyja

Hinduism - Mara

Islam - Azrael

Etc, etc, etc....

Well, no one really knows how the zombies are controlled now when they have red eyes. It could be the origin and controlled by the Lord of the dead, depending on where you are. Just like there is different types of zombies.

This is an interesting point, but the problem with it is that most religions by default claim that all other religions are fictitious, therefore only one of these deities could actually exist. The existence of one disproves the existence of all others

Greek - Hades

Roman - Pluto

Celtic - Samhain,

Egyptian - Osiris

Mayan - Yum Kimil

Christian - Satan

Buddhism - Yama

Norse - Freyja

Hinduism - Mara

Islam - Azrael

Etc, etc, etc....

Ahh yes but you're not following along as its progressing. As stated above he's aware there are others,

Lets just assume that all religions are the same just metaphorically different and misunderstood.

What we are researching and diving into is now the religious artifacts and events from an Aztec/Mayan point of view to further solidify this theory. I myself have spent little time diving in and have found a goldmine of references such as there worship of the sun god and how they believed they needed to power it with sacrifices (MPD power mechanism). There's also the fact that there "Gods" spoke only to the priests who were in charge of the sacrifices themselves and guided there every move but now adays would be looked at with suspicion just as some of our characters have fallen into.

It keeps going from there, One Aztec creation myth is there people came from the "Seven Caves" (Alien-like artifact locations in zombies) to an island called Azlan (sp?) from where eventually they were told to travel south hundreds of miles to what is now referenced as the Valley of Mexico. You could stretch for Alcatraz being there birth place thus all the crazy warp events like perk machines as this is a crossing point they used from the caves to arrive here?

Coming from caves themselves could mean they are a split off from the Vril-ya group causing chaos and maybe we will receive some help from there main group or possibly we already have without realizing it? Worse case scenario the Evil ones are the underground society and were all screwed ;)

I'm never one to go into conspiracies so the fact that I'm excited about any of this intrigues me. If any of this turns out true we now have a fundamental building block for how the backstory pre-ww2 came about. Historically speaking historians make history, thus it's certain factual backing with some personal speculation on evidence, BUT, if the zombies creators are actually basing this storyline off of something like this we have something to work with now. Even if it's a possibly twisted, time-dimensional rift, type of religious backing to what the Aztec/Mayan's were then we can try to come to terms with whats really going on.

Edit: Post made in haste so sorry for the lack of sources, I will edit tonight with references and such so that others can pursue information as well.

As a side note, sacrificing souls to any technology in a sophisticated society I would believe to be deemed horrific, if these gods are Vril-ya people twisted and corrupted by there soul machines or other such powers then I could see events like the MPD being hidden and them maneuvering subjects to do there bidding incase of interference from the others.

• Administrators

Mods is there any way to change the name of my thread? I'm seeing a ton of threads pop up that ask the same question but have little to no supporting evidence for their theories.

What would you recommend it be changed to?

I personally believe we are dealing with a certain religion here, Christianity.

I'd like to change it too "Lord of the Underworld" that'll grab more peoples attention. I just want to get this subject out there, because it seems that people are all answering the same question that it is "Satan" but have no supporting evidence of why.

I personally believe we are dealing with a certain religion here, Christianity.

You say, Christianity. The main thing we are dealing with is the fact that all religions are the same. We all worship the same deities, we just gave them different names and worshiped them in different ways.

The Deity we are dealing with is not the one that is well liked. That being Mictlantecuhtli, Satan, Lucifer, the Devil, Hades, and the list goes on and on. Its all the same ruler of the underworld. He just has a different name given to him by different cultures, which is a result of the Tower of Babel in biblical times.

The Tower of Babel:

The Tower of Babel forms the focus of a story told in the Book of Genesis of the Bible. According to the story, a united humanity of the generations following the Great Flood, speaking a single language and migrating from the east, came to the land of Shinar, where they resolved to build a city with a tower "whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth."

God came down to see what they did and said: "They are one people and have one language, and nothing will be withheld from them which they purpose to do." "Come, let us go down and confound their speech." And so God scattered them upon the face of the Earth, and confused their languages, so that they would not be able to return to each other, and they left off building the city, which was called Babel "because God there confounded the language of all the Earth".

This is just further proof, yes it was from the bible, but it shows us that we were all one utopia. We were then broke apart, upon breaking us apart and scattering us across the face of the Earth. We all began new languages, new cultures, and new beliefs. Hencing, that all religions are the same, but they all have different names and metaphors for their beliefs.

So, yes, you are right. It is Christianity, along with every other religion on Earth, because they are all the same.