-

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The red eye could be Maxis though. Maxis is in the afterlife and cause the finally event to start the rift. It's like he wanted to do this so zombies were never made and richtofen, sam ,and him will return to their normal time zone like it was one big nightmare.

I have similar thoughts. I think Maxis could be controlling then WITH Samantha in MOTD since the eyes are red but the voice is still Sam. In the trailer we saw a glimpse of the zombies with yellow eyes so I'm thinking maybe at some point Samantha comes into full control again some way or another.

The rift theories spin my brain a bit but I think what's been said in here seems to be the most likely answer. MOTD is full of secrets and I'm loving every second of it! :D

I think you are mistaken. Sam had Orange eyes. Very distinct and different from what we see here. Also the mystery box is different and the spire of light is red. On top of that the voice we hear is demonic in nature. Sam and Richtofen botth had normal voices, but when angered gained a raspy demonic growl. Here we only have a raspy demonic growl. In a thread I posted recently I suggested that there is a master of the dead that is ultimately in control regardless of who is in the NPD and if un controlled otherwise, the zombies fall under this devil's dominion.

A "Rift" is clearly present here though. We see the jail transform instantly. With the addition of "purgatory" mode we see ghost forms reviving themselves. Perhaps these gangsters were already in some form of purgatory and were being punished. Then the weasel kills the guard and somehow ejects them from their false reality into the real world which is destroyed and decayed.

Think about it. Why can they become ghosts so many times and still come bacdk to life? Unless.... they are already dead or in some suspended dimension.

Also regarding the hell hounds and hells retriever. These are not sam's dog fluffy we were familiar with as hell hounds. These seem to be some form of Cerberus. If you play the level you will realize that there are only 3 heads that can become available.

Wikipedia says "Cerberus (pron.: /ˈsɜrbərəs/),[1] or Kerberos, (Greek form: Κέρβερος, [ˈkerberos])[2] in Greek and Roman mythology, is a multi-headed (usually three-headed) dog, or "hellhound" which guards the gates of the Underworld, to prevent those who have crossed the river Styx from ever escaping.

"And the 12th labor of Heracles involved defeating a cerberus. Also from same wikipedia page"Capturing Cerberus, without using weapons, was the final labour assigned to Heracles (Hercules) by King Eurystheus, in recompense for the killing of his own children by Megara after he was driven insane by Hera, and therefore was the most dangerous and difficult.

After having been given the task, Heracles went to Eleusis to be initiated in the Eleusinian Mysteries so he could learn how to enter and exit the underworld alive"

Just food for thought. Red eyes and Yellow eyes are two completely new beings to be discerned. Can't be Maxis because he is never in a position of power to manipulate Vril, Aether or the NPD.

What DOES pique my interest though, is that we see in purgatory mode, we are spirits that have no physical form but have the ability to shoot electricity from our non existant hands. It seems some dark magic or complex science is at play. What does this remind you of? The Electric zombie, him or Avodrago. Which ever you prefer, there is a definable resemblance. verrrry Interesting.

I think you are mistaken. Sam had Orange eyes. Very distinct and different from what we see here. Also the mystery box is different and the spire of light is red. On top of that the voice we hear is demonic in nature. Sam and Richtofen botth had normal voices, but when angered gained a raspy demonic growl. Here we only have a raspy demonic growl. In a thread I posted recently I suggested that there is a master of the dead that is ultimately in control regardless of who is in the NPD and if un controlled otherwise, the zombies fall under this devil's dominion.

A "Rift" is clearly present here though. We see the jail transform instantly. With the addition of "purgatory" mode we see ghost forms reviving themselves. Perhaps these gangsters were already in some form of purgatory and were being punished. Then the weasel kills the guard and somehow ejects them from their false reality into the real world which is destroyed and decayed.

Think about it. Why can they become ghosts so many times and still come bacdk to life? Unless.... they are already dead or in some suspended dimension.

Also regarding the hell hounds and hells retriever. These are not sam's dog fluffy we were familiar with as hell hounds. These seem to be some form of Cerberus. If you play the level you will realize that there are only 3 heads that can become available.

Wikipedia says "Cerberus (pron.: /ˈsɜrbərəs/),[1] or Kerberos, (Greek form: Κέρβερος, [ˈkerberos])[2] in Greek and Roman mythology, is a multi-headed (usually three-headed) dog, or "hellhound" which guards the gates of the Underworld, to prevent those who have crossed the river Styx from ever escaping.

"And the 12th labor of Heracles involved defeating a cerberus. Also from same wikipedia page"Capturing Cerberus, without using weapons, was the final labour assigned to Heracles (Hercules) by King Eurystheus, in recompense for the killing of his own children by Megara after he was driven insane by Hera, and therefore was the most dangerous and difficult.

After having been given the task, Heracles went to Eleusis to be initiated in the Eleusinian Mysteries so he could learn how to enter and exit the underworld alive"

Just food for thought. Red eyes and Yellow eyes are two completely new beings to be discerned. Can't be Maxis because he is never in a position of power to manipulate Vril, Aether or the NPD.

What DOES pique my interest though, is that we see in purgatory mode, we are spirits that have no physical form but have the ability to shoot electricity from our non existant hands. It seems some dark magic or complex science is at play. What does this remind you of? The Electric zombie, him or Avodrago. Which ever you prefer, there is a definable resemblance. verrrry Interesting.

I'm am on the same page as you. Totally agree. I think this map is very loosely related to the previous storyline. There's a link, but the link is whoever Sam and then Richfoen answer to is who is in charge here. As for the yellow eyes... still haven't seen real evidence of it. Maybe after the EE is completed, I dunno... but in the trailer when the zombie appeared to have yellow eyes he turned his head and from straight on they were red. Looked like a lighting glitch or effect to me.

I agree with your theory about the O4 creating a rift in spacetime. I believe in Mob of the Dead that we play in this Alternate Timeline, with lots of clues of there being a universe without zombies. A timeline that should have happened but didn't.

Whilst doing the Pop Goes the Weasel achievment, you will hear several audio logs by Stanley Ferguson, who was a Prison guard at Alcatraz from 1933 to 1942. He talks of a daring prison escape attempt by our charcters on New Years Eve 1933. Ferguson sounds like familiar name, right? That's because he's the guard Arlington stabs at during the opening cutscene.

But that means Ferguson couldn't have created the audio log. What really happened that night according to Ferguson was that the plane was never built. All that happened was arguments between the inmates.

Later, Finn, Sal, and Billy lured Al up to the roof and killed him. Two weeks later on January 14th, 1934, The three were all executed via electric chair.

Because of this rift created, and the zombies, the escape works. However, the characters end up stuck in an endless loop.

Maybe our end goal of zombies is to ultimately close the rift and send the universe back on track.

I disagree that the "rift" is the shananigans that Richtofen and Group 935 caused.

The biggest evidence is that we know richtofen said Mend the Rift. If the rift is what made all the zombies, then why would the very person whose goal was to CONTROL the zombies WANT to mend the rift?

Second, due to these "Fucked up" shenanigans, we have the current timeline we have. The goal is to always have someone in Aether to control it. Fixing the "rift" would be completely against this.

In the end, I believe the rift is not so much trying to mend time, but something else. Perhaps there is a rift in SPACE that leads to Aether? Thus, Richtofen wants to shut it off while Maxis wants to expand it (or polarize the earth).

Not trying to hijack your thread I swear, but I have a huge theory about who's actually in control. Check it out:

damn, you could at least post some relevant information then share the link. Otherwise trying or not, thats what your doing. Not trying to be "that guy" but thats how it comes off. Lets collaborate instead of "your here, i'm there, see me when your done here."