[DECODED] "Where Are We Going" Secret Message?

Hey guys! I've been looking at this bonus song Kevin did, and during his video, he has this come up during a bridge.

wawgmsg_zps1c0852a9.jpg

Kevin has been updating the Youtube description as well as Tweeting and Posting hints. They are altogether below.

cip_zpsedebe5bc.jpg

Originally, I thought this was related to DNA. I was way off. But what do you think the message means?

ssssssss_zpscb6e5f1d.jpg

Let Go And The Beginning Will Become The End

So what do you make of it?

Big thanks to Kevin, Malukah and the Treyarch Sound Department for creating an awesome song.
And a another big thank you to CoDz, especially you guys in this thread. Your ideas and interest in this helped me decipher it, so thank you!

VIDEO

Here is a video compiling it all together and stuff, just basically saying all that's been said.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like the mutation effect of element 115 and the rna making this happen then dna replacing with new structure. :geek:

Sorry I learned these in biology :P

TAT GGA CCT CAG AGA CCA CGG ATT GAC GAA TCA ACC

Tyr, Gly, Pro, Gln, Arg, Pro, Arg, Ile, Asp, Glu, Ser, Thr

Reverse

ATA CCT GGA GTC TCT GGT GCC TAA CTG CTT AGT TGG

key

thymine (T)

cytosine ©

adenine (A)

guanine (G)

I'm not sure if this is the humans genetic code of the zombies.

I don't know what you are going to find, Rissole. DNA wasn't made to be a coding sequence. It was meant to store complex biological data. I don't know if even our brightest scientists could tell you. Sure, we've mapped the human genome, but just ask one person to tell you what a certain letter sequence does. People can get scientific awards for doing such a thing. And you want our help? I'm sorry; best of luck.

Btw, why are some capitalized when some are not? They should all be capitalized.

Completely fine MMX. I'm clutching at straws here just trying to find a connection and answer. It might not even have to do with DNA, but possibly some cipher.

Also thanks to the others, I'll definitely be using your posts to see if there is something.

As for the songs meaning? Well I'm not really sure. It just seems like the same over and over. My first thought was actually the song representing the community, in that they are 'afraid' of change and don't like what's been done so far. Deviating from that, it could also be that MOTD is so different that people are afraid it might become the norm. Both unlikely, but eh.

My second thought? Either the persons conscious when they become a zombie, or when they go into Afterlife.

Completely fine MMX. I'm clutching at straws here just trying to find a connection and answer. It might not even have to do with DNA, but possibly some cipher.

Also thanks to the others, I'll definitely be using your posts to see if there is something.

As for the songs meaning? Well I'm not really sure. It just seems like the same over and over. My first thought was actually the song representing the community, in that they are 'afraid' of change and don't like what's been done so far. Deviating from that, it could also be that MOTD is so different that people are afraid it might become the norm. Both unlikely, but eh.

My second thought? Either the persons conscious when they become a zombie, or when they go into Afterlife.

You see fear can blind someone form the truth. They are afraid to die or coming back to life over an over as the cycle says. But what if the zombies were to stay the key to another world. The element has proven so and powers gain in afterlife. This is where richtofen is but in a dark world. The purified world is what happens in Motd. The purified world is a-lot stronger in force since it contains ones ability of mind over matter. Fear blinds the mind an you have no power, but it's different in afterlife since fear only exist by negative force. Yes it's complex to understand how this works though the issue is fear in the map. It was built around fear, literary it was built to scary you and the characters.

I thought it was them being stuck in the "cycle".

Just repeated attempts to escape and not getting anywhere.

But why is that? Well when you get off the island you get a sign saying no one escapes the prison or what not. But the achievement pop goes the weasel ends with by killing some who caused it or sacrificing that person to break the cycle. The greatest thing about this is did Sam knew this the whole time back on moon.

I wrote a bit about this in a thread of my own. I looked at the Zombies wikipedia and discovered that all the four characters status is "Dead (Alive After Purgatory)".

What I found out about Purgatory is that to some it is a place after death to decide your final destination. Heaven or Hell.

I always thought the sentence "Where are we going from here?" and "Where do we go?" pretty much sums up the story. In the beginning (Intro of the map) they have decided to make a run for it, to leave this place. But something i obviously wrong, hence the whole "Where are we going from here?" together with the fact that they actually die before we begin.

The other song should also get some recognition.

Johnny Cash's Rusty Cage.

You wired me awake,

And hit me with a hand of broken nails.

You tied my lead and pulled my chain,

To watch my blood begin to boil.

But I'm gonna break,

I'm gonna break my,

Gonna break my rusty cage and run.

I'm gonna break,

I'm gonna break my,

Gonna break my rusty cage and run.

Who this is towards to I do not know. First of I thought it could be some general bashing against the Warden, but little is known about him. What seems most likely, which I saw at NGT Zombies walkthrough after I posted my thread, is that its towards Arthur, Al, the weasel. Or it may just be some kind of chant and hope to the players and characters giving us the feeling "Let's pummle through this shit!"

I just found myself rambling on, I easily lose track. :D

I thought it had to do with the cycle. It just seemed to be describing the map as I listened to it. I had it looping for some time today and if you go to around 1:00 you can hear what sounds like a plane flying, possibly another reference to the cycle and the plane in the map.

The letters I assumed were DNA just from biology class. However, I thought the only way to interpret them is to have background knowledge of what each code of letters represents in context (like GAC possibly meaning red hair in one case and blue eyes in another case)

Of course there is still the possibility that it has nothing to do with DNA at all and kevin is just messing with us (not for the first time)

Rusty Cage could just be towards the mobster trying to escape.

They were "wired awake" because you have to shock them, and electricity commonly goes through wires

Getting hit with a hand of broken nails could just refer to a rude awakening, like finding out that there are zombies in the prison

Getting your chain pulled and having boiling blood usually means you're angry, as I'm sure recently deceased mobsters that are trying to escape Evil Island might be

Breaking the rusty cage is probably a reference to the prison and running is obviously meaning the attempt to escape by the prisoners.

Just my very literal take on this.

I thought it was them being stuck in the "cycle".

Just repeated attempts to escape and not getting anywhere.

But why is that? Well when you get off the island you get a sign saying no one escapes the prison or what not. But the achievement pop goes the weasel ends with by killing some who caused it or sacrificing that person to break the cycle. The greatest thing about this is did Sam knew this the whole time back on moon.

Oh no, I understand that, but what I was saying is that the song is an overview of their struggle. It is not necessarily the end of their journey, but a song more about their process. This is and possibly isn’t all before they broke the cycle. BUT the key concept to the song is this “cycle” of death. It emphasizes their fear and uncertainty on their escape, their attempts to achieve freedom, and the possibility of even dying.

The repetition of the lyrics like “How do we know, Where do we go” evoke this idea of being stuck in a cycle as they are repeated throughout the song.

BUT the ending of the song either shows their death or “deaths” (if they are still in the cycle).

My interpretation of lyrics

“Where do we go, When we let go” – When we die what is or is there an afterlife?

“I feel I’m falling, From here, From here”- Entering the afterlife, That stage in between life and death.

Maybe this is where they become trapped i.e. purgatory

“Don’t let me go”- Fear of death, wanting to return to reality

“Is it the calling We Hear We Hear”- Is this really death? Are we leaving now?

“How Do How Do We Know”- Continuation of message above.

The song is open ended as it could be argued that they finally died by the end of the song and are being “released” to the afterlife OR it could also be argued that this “release” at the end of the song is them entering purgatory once again.

Even the tune of the song points towards this idea of entering true death or cyclical deaths. The tune is very ethereal like and almost floats.

Most of them don’t remember, if not vaguely their past attempts so- “How do we know”?

What is interesting to note is that they are prisoners afraid of death. They have done terrible things and as their time draws near where would they fear?

Do they fear going to Hell? Which is intriguing given the layout and atmosphere of the map.

All of the zombie songs give a type of backstory to each map. None of them would actually reveal the entire easter egg or the ending. The songs give the players more insight on the map.

For the record...

There are 4 bases in DNA. Adenine, Guanine, Thymine, and Cytosine.

DNA has a double helix form, so they are two strands intertwined. Each strand is made of a chain of these bases.

However there is a "key" which the bases on opposite strands follow.

Adenine and Thymine are always opposite eachother.

Guanine and Cytosine are always opposite eachother.

Messenger RNA is used to replicate strands of DNA. RNA though Is not a double helix but a single strand. It matches these base pairs up to the DNA following the key above. However, RNA doesn't use Thymine. Instead it uses Uracil.

For instance, if a short DNA strand is made of the bases AATCG (random example) the strand opposite it on the helix would be TTAGC. If RNA were to copy the original strand, RNA would match it with the opposites, but replacing Thymine with Uracil. So the translation from the DNA code AATCG to RNA would be UUAGC.

I probably just confused you all more, so sorry. :mrgreen:

Edit: utilizing the information I provided above, let's try decoding that sequence in Kevin's video!

Translating the capital letters into the corresponding base pairs gives us...

ACTACGGA

In RNA form it is very similar...

ACUACGGA

all lowercase letters in DNA form gives us...

at c gg gtc tt ggt gc taa ct ctt gt tgg

In RNA form that's...

au c gg guc uu ggu gc uaa cu cuu gu ugg

Both upper and lower case letters in translated into DNA form would be...

ata cct gga gtc tct ggt gcc taa ctg ctt agt tgg

In RNA form that's...

aua ccu gga guc ucu ggu gcc uaa cug cuu agu ugg

I don't know what other possible codes could exist here as far as a key goes. This Is the only "natural" key available as far as I see. 

If anyone can make anything out of that, that sure would be helpful.

Well I just translated the message to RNA and then replaced the string with the codons it would generate:

Tyr-Gly-Pro-Gln-Arg-Pro-Arg-Lle-Asp-Glu-Ser-Thr

Then changing the uppercase-lowercase distribution to that shown in the video:

tyR-GlY-prO-gln-aRg-pro-aRg-Ile-asP-glu-Ser-thr

And separating that into uppecase and lowercase respectively:

RGYORRPS

ty-ly-pr-gln-ag-pro-ag-ile-as-blu-er-thr

If someone sees a meaning to this just post it.

Hi fellas,

First post here, but i'm fascinated by this sequence and i've been doing my best to look into it over the last day or so. I used to study Biology years ago so it's acting more as a refresher than anything else!

Having looked over Kevin's various social media pages, the only clues so far have been

a = A

c = C

g = G

Now, going back to basic maths, substituting these into the chain gives

tAT GGA CCT CAG AGA CCA cGg Att GAC GAA TCA ACC

Safe to say that doesn't seem to help anything, it obviously just capitalises parts of the sequence.

Personally I don't think looking into proteins and amino acids is the way forwards. As far as genome coding goes, the only reason you would type a string in lower case would be to differentiate at a glance between C and G, c and g are easier to read on the fly as being different. I can't find any medical/scientific sources to state why there would be differences in capitalisation, which leads me to think there must be something important about the letters that ARE in upper case, those being;

TGATGGCT

There's not really a lot that can be spelled out with A, C, G, T, U or X so I doubt it's going to be something literal, but you have my word i'm looking into everything, even spying on Malukah's page to see if any hints are dropped on there :lol:

Most recently though, Kevin's last Tweet was on the 18th, simply saying

a = A

Presumably.. that's where we start. Apart from the obvious capitalisation.. can anyone see how a would be equal to A?

Bollocks, Kevin just messaged me on FB after I asked about the link..

Kevin Sherwood

ah yeah wasn't specific to him just the thread. forgot I copied the search criteria when someone sent me the link. I'll change it. thanks for letting me know.

Thought I might have been onto something hahaha. Balls.

So I'm not special? :cry:

Guys. This does give us a clue though. If my post turned up with the word DNA in it it means he was looking for something to do with DNA, presumably this thread. So we then know it is related to DNA somehow, since that's what he was looking for.

Also if e = a and a = A, then e = A? Hmm. I'm nt sure what to make of any of his latest clues.

I'm starting to not like Kevin very much :cry:

Chris Pellowe

DAMN! Thought i was on to something haha. Extra clue for a brother helping another brother out?

Today

7:03pm

Kevin Sherwood

haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI

He has kind of confirmed the DNA train of thought though, he says he was sent the link to the thread by someone else, someone else was looking for something containing the keyword DNA. Would he have posted the link to the thread calling it the "discussion" thread if DNA was way off the mark?

So I'm not special? :cry:

Guys. This does give us a clue though. If my post turned up with the word DNA in it it means he was looking for something to do with DNA, presumably this thread. So we then know it is related to DNA somehow, since that's what he was looking for.

Also if e = a and a = A, then e = A? Hmm. I'm nt sure what to make of any of his latest clues.

Nope your on to something EJ. Remember Al formula for zombies by any chance? Maybe the secret is within the clue here. Maybe this dna is the formula for zombie making.

Sorry for not responding guys. Just learned and I'm honestly surprised Kevin has linked another CoDz thread. All in a good way of course.

I've seen that his posted more hints, as well as confirming (would you say he confirmed?) it's something to do with DNA.

On my iPod now, but I'll start doing more research and stuff when I'm on my labtop. It's just the beginning guys! :twisted:

Sorry for not responding guys. Just learned and I'm honestly surprised Kevin has linked another CoDz thread. All in a good way of course.

I've seen that his posted more hints, as well as confirming (would you say he confirmed?) it's something to do with DNA.

On my iPod now, but I'll start doing more research and stuff when I'm on my labtop. It's just the beginning guys! :twisted:

Hmm, not so sure on the DNA thing now, he's gone back to being as cryptic as ever. Silly me for thinking he might reveal more..

Chris Pellowe

DAMN! Thought i was on to something haha. Extra clue for a brother helping another brother out?

Sunday

7:03pm

Kevin Sherwood

haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cgbZqR2AGI

7:18pm

Chris Pellowe

Hahahaha FU!

You've given something in the way the fact that your search criteria for the thread was DNA. Amended link or not, you were looking for something whn you found the thread/post

Answer this though if you may?

If a=A

and e=a

Logic says A=e?

9:23pm

Kevin Sherwood

oh it actually wasn't my search criteria. A fan let me know about the thread and mentioned that the thread was discussing DNA so I was trying to keyword search for it. "Where are we going" "secret" and "message" turn up too many results.

as far as your logic goes...

9:24pm

Chris Pellowe

yes?

And hmm. So are you categorically saying it's not dna related?

10:39pm

Kevin Sherwood

maybe. definitely probably maybe

So he maybe definitely probably maybe saying it's NOT DNA related.

Hmm.