Jump Scare - Part of the Easter Egg?

Blitz

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly this is freaking awesome, and Treyarch are amazing. Words cannot express how awesomesauce it is that they added a classic jumpscare into the game. :mrgreen:

Anyway, take a look at the Die Rise Cutscene. Pause at the part where Russ gets a close-up, when he says "wait until you're in a Z-free zone!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rMnmcYVmD5c

(Skip to 1:07.)

Is it just me, or does this creepy face totally look like Russman?

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Firstly this is freaking awesome, and Treyarch are amazing. Words cannot express how awesomesauce it is that they added a classic jumpscare into the game. :mrgreen:

Anyway, take a look at the Die Rise Cutscene. Pause at the part where Russ gets a close-up, when he says "wait until you're in a Z-free zone!"

Well, what we have here is a classic case of coincidence.

We have on the TranZit Bus Stop : "Stop Rus"

We have the Map Pack acronym: "Fear Ru??"

Now we have a jump scare picture that resembles Russman.

Russman may be the "Weasel" of our New Group, Hes causing the cycle.

:lol: "The most terriying zombie experience to date!" HERE IT IS! :lol:

That is just brilliant! This + PHD & Mule unusable makes it look like a brilliant map.... as long as they don't do it to me ;)

We can't trust him! It wouldn't surprise me if this had something to do with it all, to me it does look quite a bit like him.

If the cycle thing relates to the first group too, I call dibs on it being Takeo! :twisted:

The thing that bothers me about this being Russman is the Timeline. If we strictly go by the Timeline then this wouldn't be possible. Mob of the Dead is the absolute first encounter and map of the Zombies.

But then we come in to Timetravel, teleportation. Previous maps we have encountered these mechanics. I do not know if someone has found something to support this, but if someone would travel back in time to Alcatraz then I'd feel they would've made it more clear about it actually taking place.

If the cycle thing relates to the first group too, I call dibs on it being Takeo! :twisted:

Eh no, it's got to be the puppet master of the whole plan. Which is either sam, richtofen, or maxis. Takeo is more like Marlin but I could be wrong. It's gots to be the most out standing person of the group. Takeo fits with the ww2 group.

So what you're saying all black people look alike?!? WHAT A RACIST!

lmao jk :lol::P 8-)

I don't know man but I was on the roof waiting for my teammates to grab the gas tanks after a pretty hardcore round where I almost went down, so I was already in the process of having my adrenaline wind down. So when I least expect it, bored as all hell I scope the DSR at what I think is a smaller island (and this was at 3am, lights out, volume high) and this damn face jumps out causing me for the first time ever playing zombies to nearly shit my pants in fear. I mean I'll get scared if I go red with lots of zombies around, but that's a fear of losing my guns and perks. This genuinely scared me on a map that is already pretty scary as it is. The Warden popping out right at my feet out or nowhere gives me a definite jolt as well. But man, this jumpscare had me and my bud freaking out.

Well played Treyarch

I had heard about the face and thought it was a rumour, went in at one in the morning to try it out and freaked out more than the first time I played Slender. I wonder if there is any more jumps hidden around the map or if this is the only one?

Maybe I'm hearing things but I SWEAR I've heard a zombie in MotD say "Russman!" as he swung at me. The zombies have always said "Sam!" when they swing at you as well and 3arc said this is where they got the idea of Samantha from. So if my ears are correct this could be another lead towards the Russman theory.

So what you're saying all black people look alike?!? WHAT A RACIST!

lmao jk :lol::P 8-)

How do you know the jump scare face is black? Are you saying all black people have scary demon faces? WHAT A RACIST! XD

Maybe I'm hearing things but I SWEAR I've heard a zombie in MotD say "Russman!" as he swung at me. The zombies have always said "Sam!" when they swing at you as well and 3arc said this is where they got the idea of Samantha from. So if my ears are correct this could be another lead towards the Russman theory.

Guys. This is a LOT of evidence towards Russ being evil. We can't be sure of course, but we could be on the verge of a breakthrough, and a major plot twist!

I hate to fuel the fire, because I truly don’t believe the Russman theory.

But let’s say this is true-

IS Russman the devil?

If all this “fear Rus stuff “is true and that is his face (which I personally do not believe), then he could be the controller of the zombies or some ethereal being.

Even his character could point to it. HE is a scruffy looking, vagabond type character. He has no home, nor does he belong anywhere. His is homeless, unnoticeable to the public, someone in the background. A wanderer, he goes anywhere becuase earth is NOT his home. Just like a spirit he roams. No one would guess him to be any harm. He appears as a powerless man on this earth. This all hints that his home, place of belonging, and true power lay elsewhere. It would be easy for some type of being to take the form of a homeless man. He is right under our nose. Who would guess it?

Most people see "Oh, here is just another crazzy, senial, old man. Walk away, don't make eye contact".

Is that why he takes kindly to Stu?

Annnnd that is about it for my tin-foil hat of the day theories.

Although it doesn’t really explain why he was able to be killed in the Die Rise trailer (I know he isn’t dead, I know it was a part of the cycle) but, he could have easily faked his death. And how he knows Misty prior to Green Run but, he could have been on earth for a while.

• Administrators

Although it doesn’t really explain why was able to be killed in the Die Rise trailer (I know he isn’t dead, I know it was a part of the cycle) but, he could have easily faked his death. And how he knows Misty prior to Green Run but, he could have been on earth for a while.

I don't know about you, but I don't think getting a good chunk of your side being chomped off is exactly "faking". :P

I truly believe that Russman is crucial to the storyline, but I don't believe that his face is in the sky. Was he even born around this time, or let alone an adult? Even without thinking of that situation, it just doesn't make sense to have him as the face in the sky. I thought it could be God smiting the crew, and having him seem disappointed in what has been going on (satanic rituals and all) in Alcatraz.

Still...damn you Treyarch for that face. I almost couldn't sleep last night.

Although it doesn’t really explain why was able to be killed in the Die Rise trailer (I know he isn’t dead, I know it was a part of the cycle) but, he could have easily faked his death. And how he knows Misty prior to Green Run but, he could have been on earth for a while.

I don't know about you, but I don't think getting a good chunk of your side being chomped off is exactly "faking". :P

Lol, he must be a good actor. No, what I meant was that he, if beng a supernatural being, could fake dying in a human form. He isn't human, he takes the form of one. Trust me, I don't believe it either.

But if it is true maybe that is why he has a close relationship to Stu?

I truly believe that Russman is crucial to the storyline, but I don't believe that his face is in the sky. Was he even born around this time, or let alone an adult? Even without thinking of that situation, it just doesn't make sense to have him as the face in the sky. I thought it could be God smiting the crew, and having him seem disappointed in what has been going on (satanic rituals and all) in Alcatraz.

Still...damn you Treyarch for that face. I almost couldn't sleep last night.

Honestly, I thought it might not be God, but the devil or something. I don't think God would appear in that vile of a form to them. It is defintely something toying with them.

I whole-heartedly and truly do not believe my tinfoil Russ theory, but I might as well throw it out there.

And, I hate jump scares. I am so glad I found that out before I played the map. Now I am too scared to scope around the map.