Highest Round on Alcatraz Island?

Tac

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still stuck at 37 with 14 damn downs. I kinda wish my highest round didnt have so many downs attached to it.

so my goal now is to beat 37 and only have one or two downs.

If i look at the leaderboards, i'm for sure looking at how many downs people got. When you guys add your highest round to this thread, you should add downs accumulated too.

Only had the Redeemer once, and i dont use the traps cuz i want the kills.

Will probably try to figure out the Redeemer and cross my fingers for max ammos.

Round 67 on solo on my 5th real attempt. Ended up quitting out. Really should have paused it. :(

Like another user mentioned in an above comment, I will not be satisfied until I get triple figures. It was not difficult in the later rounds, and rounding them up and taking them under the acid trap is easy. Later rounds still only took around 10 mins to complete.

I have the game paused at 61 right now. Taking a break then getting back at it!

Edit: Got to 80, then paused. My xbox is set to automatically turn off. It shut off and it didn't count :cry: All that time wasted, and 20 is on my leaderboard. I wish it would log your round or something when you disconnect. Pretty stupid.

Just got to 39 solo. With only 3 downs, kinda proud of that.

My previous was round 37 and 14 downs.

Went down cuz i was using the mystery box and brutus and the last zombie trapped me in a corner.

just curious, what were ya looking for out of the mystery box at round 39? by then probably ought to be done with the box for good unless its an extreme emergency?

just curious, what were ya looking for out of the mystery box at round 39? by then probably ought to be done with the box for good unless its an extreme emergency?

I had the VW and ran out of ammo, if you have a ton of points built up, hitting the box over and over will make Brutus spawn and give you the chance at a Max Ammo. And he spawns in multiple times in one round.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=32120

I had the VW and ran out of ammo, if you have a ton of points built up, hitting the box over and over will make Brutus spawn and give you the chance at a Max Ammo. And he spawns in multiple times in one round.

well that's one way to look at it, however i think a less volatile strategy is to use those points for the acid trap to finish the round or use hell's retriever/redeemer and then hope for the max ammo the next round. as long as you are conservative with your trains and stay out of corners you should be able to survive long enough to get a max ammo.

to each their own, but i think that this way is certainly safer

well that's one way to look at it, however i think a less volatile strategy is to use those points for the acid trap to finish the round or use hell's retriever/redeemer and then hope for the max ammo the next round. as long as you are conservative with your trains and stay out of corners you should be able to survive long enough to get a max ammo.

Why would I end the round with the chance of running out of ammo completely?

If I hit the box over and over, I only have to deal with one zombie and brutus. Makes wayyy more sense to me.

Why would I end the round with the chance of running out of ammo completely?

If I hit the box over and over, I only have to deal with one zombie and brutus. Makes wayyy more sense to me.

because you have INFINITE AMMO. that is unless you choose to play without the hells redeemer...and again. by high rounds, you should haev more than enough points to be able to survive 20+ rounds doing nothing but hitting the trap...

Screw the trap, I want kills.

i wasnt really saying your way of doing it is bad, but what i'm saying is it has a much higher potential to bring an untimely end to a potential high round run. if you're cool with that, then that's perfectly fine :)

all i know is that when I am already several hours and rounds into a high round run, i'm going to err on the safe side. now if i'm just messing around and its round 25 or something maybe different

I die on 29-30 on a nightly basis, I can't stay awake long enough to get past that. I dozed off last night and would get jolted awake when I would get hit, instantly smashing the acid gat trigger. I actually lasted round 27-28 80% asleep! That should count for something lol

Round 43 Solo easy. Overall the map is really, really, REALLY easy on solo - especially with three regenerating Quick Revives. I actually suicided myself on Round 43 by holding the grenade too long (awesome way to die too!), but seeing as I had 3 Afterlives I had to do it three times. ^^

I did have everything too - Redeemer, Vitrolic Whitering, a regular BlunderGat upgraded (so much fun running the double Gat and Cherry combo ^^); all that was missing was the golden spork, but that's only because I was too lazy to get it.

Archived