Quick Revive Isn't Coming Back? (Proof)

I know what you're thinking. "Flammenwerfer, that's just a rumor! Quick Revive HAS to come back!" Well, I don't think that's the case. Plus, I have "proof", or at least, I think I do.

This image can be seen on the Solo Leaderboards for Mob of the Dead, or Alcatraz Island. As you can see, the Activision employee nerf war crazy has 3 downs...but no revives. How can this be? We know that if we play Solo, and if we use Quick Revive, we get a revive when we are revived by the perk. Yet, this guy only has downs.

If Quick Revive were to return, then this man should have at least 2 revives.

What I'm thinking is that in Purgatory, we can revive ourselves, but we only have a set time to do so. However, in Solo, we only get three Purgatory "tokens" to use. Also, when we revive ourselves, it doesn't count as a revive.

What do you all think of this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say it's safe to say QR isn't returning, however, I think you're spot on with the Purgatory revives.

"The cat has nine lives." Perhaps this is the Max amount of times you can revive yourself? If you're right, then QR would be senseless to include in Solo. However, on Xbox Live, we'd still need it to revive a player out of Purgatory-Enters. But who knows. Maybe it was replaced by Electric Cherry? It wouldn't be the first time we lost one of the Original Four Perks.

• Administrators

What bagel basically said.

The Afterlife tokens could have been key to this new method of reviving one's self in Solo. It would seem so weird to not have Quick Revive while we have various other perks, but I think Afterlife mode will take care of that problem for us - in a limited fashion mind you.

Very interesting, (speculation) I mean with afterlife mode reviving won't be needed, instead you just return to your body or revive yourself, but what about when you go down when you have no tokens? Will you just bleed out and die instantly, or will you be able to be revived by your friends? Most likely the latter but we'll know in 2-3 days.

these activision employees also seem to somehow have 50k+ (don't remember the exact number) points on die rise in the trailer they showed us. and in whos who i don't think they give you revives if you revive urself. could be wrong. if so, this could be proof (speculation) that whos who is returning. o i would love it if whos who returned. :)

I could be wrong but i remember on Die Rise having who's who and qr and going down(solo) but not reviving myself with the 2nd body and let myself bleed out after i bled out i respawned with 4perks. The only perks I lost were who's who and qr after i bled out so maybe that's how they have more than one down on solo with 0 revives. Gonna be interesting if they did remove it though.

You don't just get to REMOVE one of the four origional perks, that just doesn't happen, purhaps there are more methods to revival, but one of them will always be quick revive! Also, it would UNDOUBTEDLY be in multiplayer!

They removed Double Tap in Ascension.

Allow me to refrained this...

Look, in solo it's been the MOST important perk in the game! In multiplayer even more... Even with the map being what it is do you really think its gone?

I mean seriously ziggy?

None of us have proof so until Tuesday...

You don't just get to REMOVE one of the four origional perks, that just doesn't happen, purhaps there are more methods to revival, but one of them will always be quick revive! Also, it would UNDOUBTEDLY be in multiplayer!

They removed Double Tap in Ascension.

Allow me to refrained this...

Look, in solo it's been the MOST important perk in the game! In multiplayer even more... Even with the map being what it is do you really think its gone?

I mean seriously ziggy?

None of us have proof so until Tuesday...

True enough. But if we rejected every theory and said to wait until Tuesday, this entire section of the forum would be pointless. Keep in mind that you practically get a free revive with this. The zombies don't attack you in Afterlife. It's like Who's Who, except you cannot die. While it could very well be in it, its purpose in solo isn't as good as it should be. Plus, we have the persistent QR to back us up in Co-Op. Quick Revive wouldn't be the most helpful perk to be added to this map.

You're proving that it's possible to get 3 downs with no revive. Not that Quick Revive is gone. So it's possible that after going in Afterlife, he could have revived himself or get himself back up 3 times. But that doesn't mean there is no Quick Revive anymore.

But that seems too OP on Solo. A possible 6 revives in one game? There's no way.

On a game of die rise i played to round 76 and had 5downs having who's who and qr on solo was the 1st time i believe a single player could take more than 4downs. Having that combo of perks lets you continue playing w/ perks guns just not getting a revive in the process and losing qr and whos who . That could be how that player had 3 downs and 0 revives.

I looked in the other Activision employee's recent games and they seemed to be testing out ways to die. As if they were making sure you wouldn't enter Purgatory on other maps. I wouldn't be too surprised if they were also testing out Purgatory in MotD.

All I'm saying is that if you can revive yourself in Purgatory, then there wouldn't be a need for Who's Who and possibly Quick Revive.

I still dont trust anything before the map has come out I only would like to SEE it to BELIEVE it.

Like BSzombie said the 50k in die rise made us think that there was going to be a bank.... unfortunately there wasn't.

I also think that in replace of "Quick Revive" we get afterlife, I guess we have to wait and see.

You're proving that it's possible to get 3 downs with no revive. Not that Quick Revive is gone. So it's possible that after going in Afterlife, he could have revived himself or get himself back up 3 times. But that doesn't mean there is no Quick Revive anymore.

But that seems too OP on Solo. A possible 6 revives in one game? There's no way.

How so? In solo die rise its possible to get infinite revives by collecting quick revive from nova jumpers or constantly getting who's who...

• Administrators

How so? In solo die rise its possible to get infinite revives by collecting quick revive from nova jumpers or constantly getting who's who...

Ah, but there is no Who's Who on this map. Where it was possible in one mode, it more than likely will not carry over in such a way on Mob of the Dead.

Should Quick Revive appear, it would more than likely be in Live Matches. I think that it still may be present, but the devs used the new Afterlife mode to see if "reviving" yourself while in it would actually work out. Apparently, it does since there are no revives as Flammen shows.

Besides, I don't think the devs would really want to pick up Quick Revive when they only need to test some quirks out in everything new.

I think Flammen is on to something. I know its blasphemous to even THINK that QR may go bye bye, but think about it for a second. This is a map where we kill ourselves to enter purgatory mode. How would QR be effective when we need to be in purgatory? The chair would kill us and remove the perk anyway, right? I totally can see them removing QR.

I think Flammen is on to something. I know its blasphemous to even THINK that QR may go bye bye, but think about it for a second. This is a map where we kill ourselves to enter purgatory mode. How would QR be effective when we need to be in purgatory? The chair would kill us and remove the perk anyway, right? I totally can see them removing QR.

And what happens when you run out of purgatory? What if your no where your soposed to be? If you had quick revive your good, but other wise....

Also how do you know the chair takes a perk?