Different Team.

Vyhl

So I have been seeing all around this forum which that the campaign team worked on MotD and that they were the ones who made Der Reise as well. I don't doubt this but I was wondering if someone could post proof of this. Thank you.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the terribleness that was TranZit and the boringness that is Die Rise I honestly can't believe it was until now that Jimmy Z's team decided to give us a deeply back story related map with just about all the wishes of the zombie community. Traps back. Shotgun WW. Thompson back. New useful perk. The many great things about the map we've seen is a far cry from Die Rise and TranZit. And don't get me wrong, Die Rise we got a lot of we wanted to that wasnt it TranZit but it was still quite boring to myself so this is a bit biased, sorry.

So I have been seeing all around this forum which that the campaign team worked on MotD and that they were the ones who made Der Reise as well. I don't doubt this but I was wondering if someone could post proof of this. Thank you.

You beat me to it!

I was going to ask the exact same question.

I understand that the reason is that the main zombies team needed time to work on the next map pack or something, but how can they give the project to another team?

How much creatve control does the other team have and who is responsible for the "story" aspect?

Actually, Benn from PTG knows someone who does copyright work at Activision, and he's been feeding Benn information. It's not false, it's completely legitimate. No, I'm not a PTG fanboy, I'm just telling you that you're wrong.

This was another question I was going to ask, but I didn't want to sound like a noob.

I understand that Benn has gotten info right in the past (with moon), but how does he still have a huge following?

I am SOO confused because they were behind the whole Henry Langham thing, which was proven false, but now it is like it never happened. Did anyone call them out on it?

How reliable is he? And what does Codz think of Benn?

One day I might finally ask the entire forum this question, but I don't know if it would go over well. It seems to me that PTG is somewhat of a taboo in the zombie community. Plus this happened a loooong time ago.

And I hope I am not getting too off topic. I belive this is still relevant.

I too never read the article or heard this information before. I've been reading it on the forums a lot, but I can't recall actually hearing about it. Although that does make sense, as JZ never mentions the new map on his Twitter account, like he normally would.

I'm confident the map will be extremely fun to play, but I'm a bit worried on what the storyline holds with this new map. Hopefully they did their research.

This was another question I was going to ask, but I didn't want to sound like a noob.

I understand that Benn has gotten info right in the past (with moon), but how does he still have a huge following?

I am SOO confused because they were behind the whole Henry Langham thing, which was proven false, but now it is like it never happened. Did anyone call them out on it?

How reliable is he? And what does Codz think of Benn?

One day I might finally ask the entire forum this question, but I don't know if it would go over well. It seems to me that PTG is somewhat of a taboo in the zombie community. Plus this happened a loooong time ago.

And I hope I am not getting too off topic. I belive this is still relevant.

Benn is a liar as is PTG. They steal other people's leaks, theories and whatever and pass it off as there own.

They don't really get a lot stuff right, what they do is wait for some unknown youtuber to post a leak or theory and then steal that and claim it as there own.

They also like to edit old posts with new information to make it seem like they knew all along, such as with Moon.

They do sneaky things like have their members create fake accounts here and on the legit COD website to scour for steal-able ideas and further propagate the lie that Benn and PTG are a reliable source.

They are in this to promote their crappy band and make money, nothing more.

Jesus, how moronic can you get? While I won't deny that Benn is an egotistical prick, he definitely isn't a liar. He's gotten every detail of Alcatraz correct so far, and I don't doubt that what he's said about future maps is going to be true. It's one thing to dislike him as a person (I do as well), but to say he's lying? Completely ignorant.

Look up Henry Langham. You'll get an entirely new perspective of Benn and his marketing scandals.

Look up Henry Langham. You'll get an entirely new perspective of Benn and his marketing scandals.

I'm sure he knows about Henry Langham. Everyone on CoDZ knows about that. But the fact is Ziggy is right, everything Benn and the rest of PTG has said about Mob of the Dead is true. Yes, Benn isn't a great person, but he's gotten things right about this. I'm not defending Benn, just stating the facts.

I'm sure he knows about Henry Langham. Everyone on CoDZ knows about that. But the fact is Ziggy is right, everything Benn and the rest of PTG has said about Mob of the Dead is true. Yes, Benn isn't a great person, but he's gotten things right about this. I'm not defending Benn, just stating the facts.

Hm. Well that's actually kinda disappointing...

Different team: Watch the trailer ls for Mob of the Dead. Watch all of them. We don't see Jimmy, we don't see Rez. The people in the trailers are the producers and level designers for the campaign. I thought that was common sense.

Benn: He plays CHARACTER, please understand that. He's actually a very kind guy who genuinely cares about the community. Yes, Henry Langham was a bit of a disaster, BUT, it brought the community very close together. And that's something that we had never seen before, closeness. Where everybody was on the same page.

It's not all bad.

An isn't it ironic.

Benn posted a video of the Great Leap Forward secret radio on Kino a year beforehand & didn't realise what Die Rise was going to be about.

Also, he can't really take credit for 'predicting' everything in Motd if he's getting info spoon feed to him by someone on the inside, but so many people don't realise this.

May I ask what things this Ben dude got right?

I'd like to mention before anyone replies also that there has been Zombie map ideas from a Chernobyl map, an Alcatraz map, a Moon map and even to an Area 51 map by the time Der Riese was released. Take the time from WaW's third map pack release to April 2013 and obviously they're going to be some spot-on picks with all the speculation through the years.

Nonetheless this dude could have gotten 100% predictions correct with Mob of the Dead but because of his past inaccuracies, especially the Henry Langham thing which I faintly remember, he cannot be relied upon as a truly credible source. That's not being ignorant that's just the circumstances and how I am calling it.

He, or rather his source, got the warden idea right, the Purgatory system, the idea of four actors portraying characters, escaping the island via plane, the electric chairs on the Golden Gate Bridge, the flaming tomahawk, the Blundergat, and the AK47, just to name what I can remember. He uploaded a video with real info on April 1st to try passing it as an April Fool's joke, but it was taken down by Activision a couple days later.

Look I don't like Benn. Flammen will totally back that statement because he knows my disdain for PTG. But Benn has a source on the inside. How good that is for us who don't like him? Meh. I just decide to ignore him and let him do his thing. I don't enjoy him getting this leaked info to boost his views, but he definitely has a source.

Getting back to the different team question, how much creative control was this team given?

Did the zombie guys give them the story and the main idea for an easter egg, but let them fill in the blanks with gameplay/visuals and minor plot details?

Why did these guys work on Der Riese?

Getting back to the different team question, how much creative control was this team given?

Did the zombie guys give them the story and the main idea for an easter egg, but let them fill in the blanks with gameplay/visuals and minor plot details?

Why did these guys work on Der Riese?

The Zombies team provided a basic outline of the map and where they wanted the storyline to go. The Zombie team wasn't necessarily hands on, but they were involved in it.

As for Der Riese, I have no clue.

In World at War, there wasn't a dedicated Zombies team. For those four maps, the single-player team was in charge. When Black Ops was in development, Treyarch decided to make a new division so that they could focus on Zombies, seeing as how it was now a very popular game-mode.

Quite. Back in World at War, Nazi Zombies was voted the 5th most popular zombie game once.