"...Things in there far worse than you!"

The title is in reference to the Sam quote when Richtofen first takes control of the zombies. Sam says "There's things far worse than you in there!"

Obviously the new map is not in line with the other maps and seems to have its own set of rules entirely. We don't even feel like we are seeing the same game any more. I cannot comment on what or why this is, but This moon quote comes to mind when I see those hell hounds heads coming out of portals and the new red eyes.

I myself have been theorizing for a long time that "fluffy" is not the hell hounds we always see. Perhaps initially fluffy was turned, but I believe that these are denizens of another realm that serve another master.

Think of it like this: If a CEO decrees pay cuts across the board, through trickle down effect, the employees loose benefits and pay. They will attribute this to their management. Now the management may have made the call on what to cut from who, but the decision was made already by the CEO to do so. If you follow my logic, Richtofen has a "master" that he is serving willingly or otherwise. I believe this to be Michanthulu (I probably butchered that) I think Richtofen has been toying with the power he has, meanwhile a darker more sinister force is behind the scenes wreaking havok. I will not take liberties and try to assume to know the motives, but I believe (As I stated when I joined this site.) that we are in store for much more supernatural mayhem and monsters. So far I am right about that. I think this map may not be as story specific because it isnt made by the zombies team but was green lit by them. Meaning they approve before it is released.

*Update* - MoTD features new power up voices that aren't Richtofen, but DO seem familiar... Whenever Sam, or Richtofen get angry in the Aether they have this raspy demon growl to their voice. This is the ONLY voice we hear on MoTD. Is this evidence to prove the theory? Seems like it to me, but the jury is still out.

This thread is mainly to express and discuss my beliefs that M (Ill call him) is and has always been the true ruler of zombies. Perhaps Sam and Richtofen are really just being projected into these zombies but if otherwise not controlled the zombies will fall under M's dominion as he is the ruler of the dead.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a good theory. It would make Sam and Richtofen ironically become similar to new character Billy Handsome in the sense that they do other people's work, except Sam and Richtofen both have the same leader.

I too am quite interested in the fact that the zombies team didn't create this map as I didn't know, you got a review or announcement or something to back this up as i'd like to learn more about it.

In regards to evidence of different devs making this map I can only direct you to youtube. I simply watched a trailer for the new map that showed and told us that the team that designed the campaign for black ops 2 made this map. I am sure in doing a quick search you will not have trouble finding the trailer/preview I watched, or at least someone else "breaking down" the footage in their own video. Many tubers do this and have already done this. I do believe LiamFTWinter has one. I may be incorrect though.

This map has been designed by the same team as always. The rumour that it's a different team came from a leak where someone claimed he worked for Treyarch's single player team, and worked on the zombie map. (He also claimed all the BO2 zombies DLC maps are by this team) a bunch of stuff he said have since been confirmed fake by the trailers, so this is still made by the same team as always. I don't know why people are so fixated on this, but it's not true

@ZeDoctor Actually that is incorrect, The Zombies team is currently working on DLC 3, the team that created Mob of the Dead is the Single Player/Campaign team. I had no idea of this leak or rumor but clearly in the trailer/s(The BTS,MoTD Official, and Official Uprising Trailers) you see its not the zombie team. As there is no sight of Jimmy Z or Rez. And you see the Executive Producer for CoD Black Ops 2, aswell as the sound director for Black Ops 2. So therefore your argument is invalid.

I don't want to be a douche, but.... I kinda, maybe, covered this a tad bit in my Soul, Spirit and Body MPDs post. I'm not advertising. And by the way good idea, I have started to think that hellhounds existed before Fluffy too. Maybe the Fluffy Hellhound breed made it so they can run fast and stuff.

I don't want to be a douche, but.... I kinda, maybe, covered this a tad bit in my Soul, Spirit and Body MPDs post. I'm not advertising. And by the way good idea, I have started to think that hellhounds existed before Fluffy too. Maybe the Fluffy Hellhound breed made it so they can run fast and stuff.

If you feel that this is similar to a post you made, by all means post the link here. There is enough room in town for the both of us.

This map has been designed by the same team as always. The rumour that it's a different team came from a leak where someone claimed he worked for Treyarch's single player team, and worked on the zombie map. (He also claimed all the BO2 zombies DLC maps are by this team) a bunch of stuff he said have since been confirmed fake by the trailers, so this is still made by the same team as always. I don't know why people are so fixated on this, but it's not true

? I dont mean to be rude, but you are entirely incorrect. I have no idea what you are referring to with the leaked info, but I saw an official trailer as mentioned by someone else that confirmed that the campaign team designed this map. Do some youtube research you will not have trouble finding the video I saw.

Regarding your second paragraph, and with the acknowledgement that this map is seemingly very similar to Call of the Dead in most aspects, that zombies map was pretty far out in terms of story and it managed to work in the end.

Every map follows the canon, some in major ways, some in small ways. We've just been seeing a lot more maps contributing to the canon in smaller ways lately because (i think) they're getting a bit lazy and they are too afraid to make drastic change gameplay wise which results in repeating past stuff. I don't blame them the game mode is one of the most popular in all of gaming right now but it has been getting repetitive gameplay wise.

Regarding your second paragraph, and with the acknowledgement that this map is seemingly very similar to Call of the Dead in most aspects, that zombies map was pretty far out in terms of story and it managed to work in the end.

Every map follows the canon, some in major ways, some in small ways. We've just been seeing a lot more maps contributing to the canon in smaller ways lately because (i think) they're getting a bit lazy and they are too afraid to make drastic change gameplay wise which results in repeating past stuff. I don't blame them the game mode is one of the most popular in all of gaming right now but it has been getting repetitive gameplay wise.

I would say that MoTD and CoTD have a few things in common. But I would be far from saying they look or feel similar. I'd say it has similarities to Five as well. But similarities aside, I wouldn't be quick to compare them.

But I do believe that this game (not a map or a game mode respectively) will further our story, even if it is fringe details such as explaining other elements to the entire lore. For example the red eyes, purgatory, hell hounds and such. Every map has its information to be found. CoTD was seemingly a gimmick as well, but look how that turned out. People are still arguing and debating the significance of the V-R11 weapon.

We will find out shortly. I am very curious. I also have seen the image of YELLOW EYES? The plot thickens....