Achievements

As LiamFTW already made a video about the avhievements, I decided to make a written list / opinions about what we have to do (and debunk a few myths ;) )

Massive credit to LiamFTWinter on making a vid and his original source LoganWalker2012

No one Escapes Alive

-In Mob of the Dead, Execute the escape plan

-Seems simple enough. Get the pieces to the airplane and escape. However, there must be a twist. The exact same words were shown when we saw the behind the scenes trailer. There was a huge sign written in blood followed by a mannequin and 4 electric chairs.

-Opinion: I think that this is the Easter egg. However, we are escaping in a different sense. We escape not in a physical way but rather our minds escape...to death. A nice psychological ending to scare you.

Feed the Beast

-In Mob of the Dead, obtain Hells retriever.

-Has to do with the weird wolf thing. Hellhound. We have to feed it. Simple. But what is Hell's Retriever? It is the Tomahawk.

-Opinion: It will definately be harder than we think. It can eat zombies and will poop out a Flaming Tomahawk power-up somewhere on the map. Simply grab it and use it.

Making the Rounds

-In Mob of The Dead, complete the cycle 3 times.

-Has something to do with perhaps walking. Go throught the whole map maybe? activate al lsongs in all locations?

-Opinion: It is actually about Afterlife. We need to get into and out of it succesfully 3 times. Perhaps dying in Afterlife mode kills you like when you die?

Acid Trip

-In Mob of The Dead, Convert a weapon using a kit.

-Has to do with a weapon and upgrading. Most likely the Blundergat upgraded (Acid weapon)

-Opinion: We must find this kit inside the the acid area. Clearly we need a bench.

Full Lockdown

-In mob of the dead, Brutus completes his patrol

-Has to do with Nolan North's character. He clearly is voiced by Nolan so we know this NPC can talk. He completes a patrol or a full circle of a prison to make sure everything is okay and LOCKED DOWN.

-Opinion: He has to turn off perk machines and stuff. This is more like failing to do something that gives us an achievement.

Burst of Flavor

-In Mob of The Dead, Kill 10 zombies using the new beverage

-Has to do with the new perk, Electric Cherry. Kill 10 zombies.

-Opinion: Again, sounds easy, probably really hard. More of chance than skill to acquire.

Paranormal Progress

-In Mob of the Dead, Open a door without spending points.

-Has something to do with Afterlife and the electric boxes. Puzzles

-Opinion: We will have to use afterlife mode to access items behind walls or in secret locations.

GG Bridge

-In Mob of the Dead, Survive an entire round on the bridge at round 15 or higher

-The bridge is a location. We can fight on it.

-Opinion: This is the "Go down Fighting" end. We literally just survive off what we have left. It is called Golden Gate br

dge, but the real idea is behind that, GG means: GOOD GAME. Meaning when we go there, there is no return trip.

Trapped in Time

-In mob of the Dead, upgrade all traps before round 10.

-Has to do with traps and for the first time: UPGRADING THEM!

-Perhaps we have to go into Afterlife to access these upgrades. The "Time" element points to this as afterlife seems to be a bridge between this and the past or next life.

Pop goes the Weasel

-In Mob of the Dead, break the cycle.

-Has to do with this "cycle" again. Rather, failing to do it.

-Opinion: You die in afterlife mode, thus unable to repeat the cycle.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Making the Rounds

-In Mob of The Dead, complete the cycle 3 times.

-Has something to do with perhaps walking. Go throught the whole map maybe? activate al lsongs in all locations?

-Opinion: It is actually about Afterlife. We need to get into and out of it succesfully 3 times. Perhaps dying in Afterlife mode kills you like when you die?

Plane > Bridge > Afterlife > Back to Alcatraz?

I'm guessing this is what this means, completing this cycle 3 times.

Pop goes the Weasel

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/a116a-pop-goes-the-weasel.htm

Pop goes the Weasel is an old nursery rhyme.

"Alternative Lyrics

A penny for a spool of thread,

A penny for a needle.

That’s the way the money goes,

Pop! goes the weasel."

This makes me think of Al. You know, the guy that handles the money. Eh? Anybody?

Personally, I think the cycle is...

1. Build the plane.
    2. Escape to the bridge.
    3. Use the electric chairs to access Purgatory.
    4. Respawn back on the island.

Then, we have to do that twice more for the achievement. Also, breaking the cycle could be a number of things. Maybe we have to die on the bridge? Maybe we have to die while making the plane?

What is interesting in all this to me is I can't see the achievements on xbox, but the PS3 can see the trophies when theirs is a month away?

If I remember back to Die Rise the update leading to it gave us the achievements if we compared games with someone. But that doesn't seem to be happening.

Either I am looking way to far into it or maybe just maybe the DLC is going to be released on PS3 and Xbox at the same time.

Great job on this Omega.

I'm interested to why they called upgrading a weapon as a "kit".

Maybe you can upgrade weapons 2 ways? Probably it's only for the Blungergat though.

My guess if it was only the Blungergat, I would assume the acheivement would be "upgrade the blungergat". I am assuming that we can use some type of kit on our weapons instead of the PAP. With the possibility of having a PAP as well. Has anyone seen the PAP on any of the trailers?

Great job on this Omega.

I'm interested to why they called upgrading a weapon as a "kit".

Maybe you can upgrade weapons 2 ways? Probably it's only for the Blungergat though.

My guess if it was only the Blungergat, I would assume the acheivement would be "upgrade the blungergat". I am assuming that we can use some type of kit on our weapons instead of the PAP. With the possibility of having a PAP as well. Has anyone seen the PAP on any of the trailers?

Apparently in one of them where people think Brutus Is on the Golden Gate Bridge. That PAP is there. But I don't see it.

1. Build the plane.
    2. Escape to the bridge.

Then, we have to do that twice more for the achievement. Also, breaking the cycle could be a number of things. Maybe we have to die on the bridge? Maybe we have to die while making the plane?

But if you acces purgatory and respawn on the island, the plane is still on the bridge?

1. Build the plane.
    2. Escape to the bridge.

But if you acces purgatory and respawn on the island, the plane is still on the bridge?

Remember how the Jet Gun broke after you'd use it for too long, but you could pick up all the parts and rebuild it? I'm betting, the plane breaks when it hits the bridge and all the parts have several duplicates back on the island, so once we get back to the island, we just rebuild it.

I doubt pap will be on this map. It likely didn't even exist yet. I think this "kit" will be our new means of upgrading.

Well, by that logic, we shouldn't have the perk machines either. :|

Well yeah, :D by that logic, but the devs said you upgrade the blundergat "in some way" or "by some means" implying something different than the PaP machine.

I think you go into afterlife whenever you want, because looking at the HUD, they have those symbols for the afterlife, and a number as if they're tokens which can be used to go into afterlife mode.

Also, looking at the trailers, the symbols are in the map itself!

looOk^

I'm thinking it's either a clue to where you can use afterlife powers on, or a hint for Co Op puzzles, as there's two next two each other!

Also, as for the the plane, they mentioned something about it not working without a propeller. But in the trailer, there's no prop. I got this screen, showing that it's gas/ jet powered! (I think, not entirely sure if I just missed the propeller lol)

Pop goes the Weasel

This to me definately means that you die or perhaps that you stop afterlife from working . The weasel definately refers to Al as well but I think this is just a pun

I think the cycle is: Arive in purgatory on the island... Possess your body... Get in the plain, fly to the Golden gate bridge, and return via eletric chair... The way to break the cycle is easy: We destroy something that's vital for continuation... Purhaps get stuck in a room that isn't even exitable by purgatory, thus stopping you from moving forward... Or purhaps destroying the plane? Making it so we can't leave the island again... Maybe destroy the bridge... Maybe use a part ment to be attached to the plane else where...