Ray gun NEEDS to be buffed for MOTD

Hey guys

so i have been getting the ray gun from the box quite frequently now and i have noticed that the raygun is completly different to the one in black ops 1 because

1) It has a quite a bit more recoil than the one in black ops 1

2) It's hipfire accuracy has been decreased greatly

3) It has EXTREMELY LOW damage on round 17+

Yesterday i was playing survival on town i had a ray gun with double tap and i had a full green connection bar and it still tokk 3 body shots to kill one zombies at round 16.

So please guys what do you think? hopefully treyarch will see this post becasue if they dont im going bak to swapping the raygun for the an 94

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had a weapon that could one hit kill one or more zombies with one sho on round 17t, which has a 20 round nag and hundreds in reserve, with near pin-point accuracy FROM THR HIP, what you've got is an overpowered gun. A few slight modifications make it more balanced. These changes are fair but almost negligible if you know how to change your style to accommodate for them.

For instance try to go for headshots when shooting a single zombie. When shooting a bunch, shoot the ground at their feet and it makes multiple crawlers. Then one or two shots finishes off the crawlers, maximizing the effectiveness of the gun.

I think they need to keep the raygun the same. It encourages accuracy and strategy, rather than hip firing at anything you see and raking in kills with no skill.

The main reason I don't use the ray gun is because of splash damage, same of MandS, normally we'd have Flopper to fix this but lately we haven't seen him...

Speaking of perks, do you think for perks that weren't taround at this time (Phd, mule kick, stamin up) will be avaible from a work of perk-box located DIRRECTLY above or below the normal box but glows red and has a red becon... That would explain so much...

I'm quite certain the ray gun has always had that kind of power. Mathematically speaking, the ray gun does 1000 damage. By round 17, zombies have 2046 health. Therefore any round past 17 will take at least 3 shots to kill.

(Zombie health - 100 at round 1; +100 per round til round 10, where they now have 1050; for each round, multiply the health from the previous round by 1.1)

• Administrators

If you shoot the Ray Gun towards their legs, zombies will crumble faster. That's always been the general procedure when using the gun. Of course, having it Pack-a-Punched makes splash damage almost non-existent, so body shots (preferably the chest) would be necessary.

The Ray Gun seems just a smidgen weaker than the one in Black Ops, but nothing extremely detrimental.

Only reason it's not effective is because double tap doesn't effect the ray gun.

Depends how you use it too. If you're training, it takes out a horde pretty quickly. But it also leaves crawlers.. You can run pretty freely also, not that anyone cares, but on high rounds it's helpful so you can get out of pesky situations.

I don't know why people hate upgrading the Ray Gun. Imo it makes as much crawlers as the unPaPed RG, and it gives you more ammo! I don't know if it's any stronger but, on high rounds if you have money to spend, I'd just PaP it.

• Moderators

Ray Gun + M&S + Nuketown= The most fun I've ever had on BO2.

And I am 90% sure that they can't buff the Ray Gun only for MOTD.

Or did you mean that they have to buff the Ray Gun for every map as soon as MOTD is released?

I don't know what you're complaining about, honestly. It's fine as it is. I love it.

To all the people saying they don't use M&S or Ray Gun because of splash damage, or for whatever reason, I'll simply say this: if you don't like it, the problem is you, not the weapon. Get better at the game.

Aside from the Sliquifier (and possibly the SVU and mayyyybeee DSR) there are no better weapons to use in BO2 Zombies. Learn how to use them properly and you will experience better results than you'll typically get with weapons like the Galil, HAMR and AN-94.

Only reason it's not effective is because double tap doesn't effect the ray gun.

Depends how you use it too. If you're training, it takes out a horde pretty quickly. But it also leaves crawlers.. You can run pretty freely also, not that anyone cares, but on high rounds it's helpful so you can get out of pesky situations.

I don't know why people hate upgrading the Ray Gun. Imo it makes as much crawlers as the unPaPed RG, and it gives you more ammo! I don't know if it's any stronger but, on high rounds if you have money to spend, I'd just PaP it.

The Ray Gun does have an increase in damage once upgraded. Also, the Ray Gun gives less splash damage to yourself once upgraded. So you are less likely to kill yourself when you upgrade it.

The Ray Gun does have an increase in damage once upgraded. Also, the Ray Gun gives less splash damage to yourself once upgraded. So you are less likely to kill yourself when you upgrade it.

Sorry murder, but the porter's is just as powerful as the normal raygun. They both do a maximum 1000 damage. This was shown in Duckcall's post, which I can't find anymore...

Splash is reduced in general, not just to yourself, which makes it worse in some people's opinions

It seems the only good reason to upgrade a raygun is to refill the ammo

Theres traps again why even pick the raygun up past round 20

I would agree with you if you'd said something more like 40 or 50. At round 20 the ray gun still has substantial killing power, but late game, the only weapons worth carrying are weapons the don't make crawlers and are good for gathering points (for traps obviously...)

Raygun kinda sucks at both of those things...

Sorry murder, but the porter's is just as powerful as the normal raygun. They both do a maximum 1000 damage. This was shown in Duckcall's post, which I can't find anymore...

Splash is reduced in general, not just to yourself, which makes it worse in some people's opinions

It seems the only good reason to upgrade a raygun is to refill the ammo

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6708 ... weapon.png

Damage received from the Ray Gun bullet itself is the same, however the damage received from splash damage of the Ray Gun is doubled once upgraded. Since most people shoot the ground with the Ray Gun, this statistic comes into play quite often.

And the splash damage is well worth it. Some people would think it's better both ways, as making crawlers all over the place isn't exactly ideal.

Damage received from the Ray Gun bullet itself is the same, however the damage received from splash damage of the Ray Gun is doubled once upgraded. Since most people shoot the ground with the Ray Gun, this statistic comes into play quite often.

And the splash damage is well worth it. Some people would think it's better both ways, as making crawlers all over the place isn't exactly ideal.

I withdraw my argument. And thanks for that image btw. You couldn't happen to link me to the full post could ya? Like I said, I can't find it anymore...

If you've played WaW, heck if you played Black Ops zombies you'd have to question whether you were using the same Ray Gun in Black Ops 2 that you used in those games. I personally believe that the recoil (or kick, when it pushes you back) is massive in World at War and isn't as much so in BO2 but seriously the damage is incredibly low in BO2 compared to WaW. This isn't multiplayer, it's zombies, so I don't understand why they nerfed the Ray Gun. Now my knowledge is limited to the fact that this is unconfirmed but still I'm almost positive they nerfed the Ray Gun in BO2.

Whatevs though honestly with the MG's in zombies in BO2 even with a more powerful ray gun 9 times out of 10 I'll take a Galil or anything similar over the Ray Gun.

If you've played WaW, heck if you played Black Ops zombies you'd have to question whether you were using the same Ray Gun in Black Ops 2 that you used in those games.

Agreed. All these people saying the Ray Gun is fine clearly never used it in W@W when it was unquestionably the best gun in the game (except for the Wunderwaffe). Go back and play the old games. The current version of the Ray Gun is a flaming pile of crap compared to the old one.

This isn't multiplayer, it's zombies, so I don't understand why they nerfed the Ray Gun.

I agree, but if you look around the zombies community you'll see a lot of the "hardcore" players complaining that everything is "overpowered". I guess that's why we get things like patches that add ridiculous recoil to guns. Sometimes I get the feeling that a lot of these guys would be happy if we went back to no perks and only had a pellet gun with different skins for weapons. I really love when they throw out that completely original "Get better at the game" line. As if the only reason anyone could possibly dislike something is because they just fall over dead as soon as the game starts, then blame the guns.

As far as the raygun, I do remember an NGT vid where Spider was demonstrating the reduced splash damage in this game by shooting the wall in front of him, and he didn't take damage until he was right on top of it. Then again, that could just mean it does less splash damage to the player... I'm not sure.