Billy, Everyone’s favorite psychopath 116 (Short Update)

With the advent of the newest trailer, it seems to me that Billy “Handsome” (Ray Liotta) will play a big role in the zombie storyline.

It is interesting to note that the trailer takes place from his perspective. Maybe he is not the main character, but from the trailer he seems to have some importance.

Also, he is a psychopath!

"A psychopath employed by the mob to kill people in interesting ways." — Executive Producer Dan Blundell

Along with Samuel and Richtofen, those who are in some way, shape, or form mentally disturbed play a significant role in the storyline; due to their susceptibility to hear/ be influenced by the voices.

Will Billy be hearing the voices? Is he the key to the alternative easter egg, if there is one?

What do you think?

Also, in the trailer, it says he was convicted for 116 counts of murder. That is an oddly specific number and even weirder that it is not 115.

In Finn's newspaper clpping it says he is wanted for 16 counts of gambling fraud.

Why 16?

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Billy_Handsome

Update-

I think it is interesting to note that in the intro cinematic , Billy’s cell was completely dark. I think this speaks to his character.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fact that it was developed by a different team than normal, and there's no straightforward EE achievement (it appears) I really think the link between this map and our traditional story line will be few and far between. I'm sure there will be a few hints and clues here or there, but i think this is like a standalone "movie" per se as opposed to an "episode" or "chapter" in our story line

People need to stop saying its made by a different team. That rumour came from the red it leak a while ago which has since been confirmed fake by the trailers

uhhh pretty sure the behind the scenes trailer confirmed that it was actually....

Yes the trailer confirmed it.

Also keep in mind that this is the team that made Der Reise, and that had major impacts on our storyline.

• Administrators

He may hear voices, it's possible, but I can't think of how he would. Samuel did because he ate flesh and Richtofen did because he touched the pyramid, so if he does hear voices I'm interested in seeing how they incorporate it.

His wife turned him in... If you go back to the trailer she had a name... On one of the newspaper backgrounds..l

Oh no, I meant the significance of his 16 crimes. Not why he went to jail, but why did he have 16 similarly to Billy's 116.

He may hear voices, it's possible, but I can't think of how he would. Samuel did because he ate flesh and Richtofen did because he touched the pyramid, so if he does hear voices I'm interested in seeing how they incorporate it

This is another thing that confuses me. Did Treyarcg ret-con this?

Back in WAW in the map description for Richtofen said he has schizophrenia.

I can't seem to find it now. I will try to find the quotes and post them later.

I did find this description, but I KNOW there is an official description of him somewhere that says he has schizophrenia. And there was another statement that said before the war he was a black-market plastic surgeon.

"Beware The Doc". A message that was scrawled across walls of every town under Axis control. Starvation may cripple you, dysentery may wreck you, and gunfire may rip the flesh from your bones, but "Beware The Doc".

This is Dr. Richtofen, known affectionately as "The Butcher" to his victims as they scream in agony moments before he snuffs out their light. All through his career, Richtofen has been at the forefront of torture and information extraction research. Richtofen is an incurable sociopath and sees no moral distinction between natural death and murder; the victim is the victim, regardless of how their demise manifests itself.

Doctor Richtofen has a collection of stuffed animals, most of them posed in positions of terror at the instant of their death."

Although the above statement can be argued that he became a sociopath after touching the MDT, the quote above seems to state that he was always somewhat mentally unstable. The moon backstory only refers to his work with 935, but nothing of his torture research and pre-war surgery.

Was all of this retconned?