Golden Gate Theory.

Now I've been away on vacation and its so nice to be back here after such a long time! Also its awesome to come back right when mob of the dead is just a few days away...

But over my Vacation what was funny is that I visited San Fransisco and The golden gate bridge. Unfortunately I didn't have any time to visit Alcatraz but it did look eerie with the fog, and I'm SURE this will be a HUGE map.

Now back to the main point.

One thing that has pointed out greatly to me is the Golden Gate Bridge, It's seems to me Treyarch is trying to point it out since it IS in the map image that TheBSZombie pointed out.

I did some small research when I was gone and found out that as Alcatraz changed to a prison, the bridge was being built.

IT WAS NOT FULLY COMPLETED BUT CONSTRUCTION HAS STARTED 1934-1936

Also in the Behind the scenes trailer it showed a very strange concept picture, which im sure most of you saw.

You can see wires in the background and electric chairs, whats weird is the man standing there, I have a feeling we have seen him before.

Could the very plane be taking us to the Golden Gate bridge?

We have already seen the plane take off so we do know there is a plane on the roof the only problem is where are we going and Why?

A Big thanks to Bagel_ for Confirming the Golden gate bridge!

I do think Treyarch is telling us that there is something here or at least some big part in it.

Thoughts?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see your thread got removed. I sent you a PM of possible reasons. Other than that nice job on theory.

Regards,

way

I'm not sure either maybe because the golden gate is a highly addressed topic?

But thank you! When I get home I shall check if anything happened with my computer.

Very cool. Compare the incomplete pic you attached to the OP to these:

Also, I'm not sure that they are going to the bridge.

Ok, so note the water tower in the background.

Based on where the water tower is from this pic, they appear to be flying in the direction towards mainland here, along the possibly incomplete bridge.

Nice job on confirming those wires are from the GG bridge. I was curious about that from day 1 of this trailer.

I don't know if this is already discussed. So I have been thinking we built the plane by defeating warden each time who then gives parts/key to his room that leads us to the parts to build plane.

Then you fly here to this bridge to Pack a punch probably. Perhaps there is no way out of the bridge , may be the plane breaks. And then we use these beds/chairs kind of like pressure stones in shangri la to teleport by lying down at same time.

Either that or those beds act as a suicide object to get back into purgatory mode.

What do you think?

I think it's fairly obvious...when you take the airplane it lands on the bridge and it's basically the actor's last stand.

The bridge is going to be incomplete and there will be nowhere to go as both ends just drop into the ocean and if you fall you die.

Either that or Treyarch got some of their facts wrong which is highly improbable since they pay attention to every tiny detail of their maps, the zombies canon, and real life history that is intertwined in them as well.

Either that or Treyarch got some of their facts wrong which is highly improbable since they pay attention to every tiny detail of their maps, the zombies canon, and real life history that is intertwined in them as well.

Agreed. Although I'm not quite sure what to expect with this map, as it wasn't the usual team of guys that created this. I'm wondering if they paid as much attention to the miniscule details that Jimmy and the boys do.

I don't know if this is already discussed. So I have been thinking we built the plane by defeating warden each time who then gives parts/key to his room that leads us to the parts to build plane.

Then you fly here to this bridge to Pack a punch probably. Perhaps there is no way out of the bridge , may be the plane breaks. And then we use these beds/chairs kind of like pressure stones in shangri la to teleport by lying down at same time.

Either that or those beds act as a suicide object to get back into purgatory mode.

What do you think?

The second part seems like a definite possibility, entering purgatory through the electric chairs to end back up on the island.

It does almost seem like the GG bridge is a last stand of sorts after flying there from Alcatraz.

• Administrators

Agreed. Although I'm not quite sure what to expect with this map, as it wasn't the usual team of guys that created this. I'm wondering if they paid as much attention to the miniscule details that Jimmy and the boys do.

I'm sure they did, I mean hell, the Single Player guys made Der Riese and look how that turned out!

But the GGB didn't get completed until April of 1937, so I think the map is after that.

I'm sure they did, I mean hell, the Single Player guys made Der Riese and look how that turned out!

But the GGB didn't get completed until April of 1937, so I think the map is after that.

That's what worries me :( . The story has gone so far off from Der Riese. We've gotten so many dates since then. I'm sure they figured out a place to put it that won't interfere with our current timeline. Although if they do keep it to that pre 1940's era, they shouldn't have any problem working it in.

• Administrators

That's what worries me :( . The story has gone so far off from Der Riese. We've gotten so many dates since then. I'm sure they figured out a place to put it that won't interfere with our current timeline. Although if they do keep it to that pre 1940's era, they shouldn't have any problem working it in.

Yeah I'm thinking the map will be between 1937 and 1945, because of the eye color being red. However, the eyes color is also yellow in one scene in the trailer, so my personal theory is that it may be red in the beginning and then turn yellow as Samantha enters the pyramid, placing the map in 1945. However if the red eyes really do belong to Maxis, then that makes no sense to be before Sam's reign, which would mean that it has to be after Richtofen, especially since Alcatraz looks abandoned. Lol I don't know, I'm hoping it's before Sam, it would make things simple. But we'll find out soon! :)

-snip-

It appears our Warden friend can spawn on the bridge as well.

Flame I just noticed something in that picture, it might just be my eyes or me being crazy but look to the Left of the warden.

I might be crazy but doesn't that look a little familiar?

If someone could brighten the picture up that would be great.

Is there an official source confirming the map was made by the campaign team? I'm not doubting it, I just haven't seen any kind of evidence of this outside of that Reddit post that turned out to be wrong about basically everything and was surely a troll. But admittedly I may have missed it if they said the campaign team worked on it in the trailer or something.

What does that show, I can't see it very well. The Golden Gate Bridge still in construction?

Essentially, yes, but it's pretty odd. What is under construction in the picture promoting MotD is the second half of one of the two 'towers'. Like I said this is odd because it seems after looking at various pictures and by just using common sense the towers would have been the first things to be fully completed.

Maybe there's something I don't get or maybe Treyarch are just trying to make the point known by showing general construction on the bridge but whatevs.

PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE EE TO BE SPOILED!

THIS IS PROVEN TO BE TRUE! A VIDEO OF US FLYING TO THE BRIDGE IS COMING SOON ( YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW THIS.. I need to turn off caps lock..

The bridge holds pack a punch and is VERY hard to survive on, but it was AMAZING flying to it, too bad we didn't actually escape ._.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdjMRx-jC4

The only thing we don't know is how to break the cycle.