MoTD desc. in LATIN?!

Whut?

So i was looking around on call of duty.com and i saw the uprising dlc. I get this:

http://m.callofduty.com/blackops2/dlc/dlc2-uprising

So i check it out and i scroll to the bottom. Thats where i see this weird language. At first i dismissed it as a simple error, but after some searching, other people noticed too. CoD hasnt changed it either.....

So now my thoughts:

Obviously, i think we either need to translate or decode. Perhaps i am overthinking it but hey, while we wait, we might as well have some fun. Check it out for yourself and you decide!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The description reads:

Pellentesque id ante a arcu rutruriam adipiscing convallis hendrerit. Integer sodales urna sed nulla iaculis.

Ut diam sem, cursus ac ullam corpept sagittis at erat ut cursus tempor.

Proin mi ipsum, mollis semper ultrices eget, scelerisque ut eros. Vestibulum dolor elit, non imperdiet metus.

That would be a place holder, e.g Lorem Ipsum . We, web coders, use this to demonstrate what the text would look like in that specific spot/style. Although, it makes me think when will they update it to the actual introduction. Hopefully, they will update it before the DLC drops. Good Find!

This is how google translated it...

"Read it before you start planning a bow rutruriam. Integer parameters members Thursday.

As buyer's market and any corpept arrows at that time course.

Add to My very thing, always soft basketball needs, of the crime to the masters. Read more pain, no fear here."

Fortunately I can speak Latin. :) Some of it is a bit odd. Rutruriam isn't even a latin word. Adipiscing ends in "ing", which is only in the English language, not Latin. Seems the person who put this into Latin had only a moderate understanding of the language. But it does seem likely to be just filler text. Anyhow, I'm still translating.

Pellentesque id ante a arcu rutruriam adipiscing convallis hendrerit. Integer sodales urna sed nulla iaculis. Ut diam sem, cursus ac ullam corpept sagittis at erat ut cursus tempor. Proin mi ipsum, mollis semper ultrices eget, scelerisque ut eros. Vestibulum dolor elit, non imperdiet metus.

Beating and it before by/from [rutruriam] reaching ravine/valley Okay that is it. I am done.

Some of these words are just plain made up!

EDIT: Did you guys see that? They changed the page FOR A SECOND to English text and then changed it back? Man I wish I hadn't hit refresh...

EDIT: Okay it is back now. Don't know if it'll stay or not this time, so here it is:

Anchoring the second map pack is Mob of the Dead, Treyarch’s most terrifying Zombies experience to date. Top Hollywood talent rounds out a cast of four Prohibition-era gangsters – each with a unique set of skills – that are forced to fend off hordes of the undead while imprisoned on San Francisco’s notorious Alcatraz Island.

While guard towers and new weapons offer tactical advantages, survival offers an unprecedented new challenge for these four lost souls.

Call of Duty ®: Black Ops 2 Uprising is available April 16th, first on Xbox LIVE® (other platforms to follow).