MASSIVE TIMELINE FIND!

Okay guys I think I've found some undeniable proof of the time period in Mob of the Dead takes place. While analyzing the Instructions sheet of Mob of the Dead looking for a possible keyword for the encrypted message, a few words on the right hand side of the picture caught my eye. It reads" ...Panic as stocks crash".

A quick google search gives me the EXACT newspaper with this headline, which fully reads out "Wall St. In Panic as Stocks Crash". It was published by the Brooklyn Daily Eagle, in regards to the 1929 Stock Market crash. Here's a link to the newspaper article http://globaltrendtraders.com/stock-market-crash/learning-from-the-stock-market-crash-of-1929/ (Could someone please embed this as i'm not too hot with that kinda stuff :P)

Anyways, not only does this confirm that Mob of the Dead takes place after this time, but perhaps upon further inspection of the actual newspaper we can discover some more information! I haven't been able to find a high quality image of the Newspaper, but the word "Warden" seems to be on the page and it talks about keeping some sea trip a secret. Please tell me what you think, and if someone could embed the actual picture of the newspaper that would be great! Thanks!!

I gotcha

Also I am glad you used my writings image. ;)

~way

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that too!

I would place it with the timeline of MotD, but it seems to contradict other findings.

I would say that the "stock market" phrase in the picture would be the hint towards the next map EXCEPT the "film reel" preview from Die Rise is not present in this picture. So, it wouldn't be the loading screen for MoTD and therefore, the stock market clipping wouldn't be the hint for the next map.

But, I could be wrong.

If it really is the next hint towards a map, are we actually going back in time now?

I noticed that too!

I would place it with the timeline of MotD, but it seems to contradict other findings.

I would say that the "stock market" phrase in the picture would be the hint towards the next map EXCEPT the "film reel" preview from Die Rise is not present in this picture. So, it wouldn't be the loading screen for MoTD and therefore, the stock market clipping wouldn't be the hint for the next map.

But, I could be wrong.

If it really is the next hint towards a map, are we actually going back in time now?

Well Alcatraz is in San Francisco, whereas this Newspaper was printed in New York. This raises questions, how did they get hold of the newspaper, does it hint towards a map occuring in New York? So many questions D:

Yet, Alcatraz wasn't used as a high-security prison until 1933. Hmm...

Which raises the question of why they have a newspaper that's 5 years old O:

More like 5 years plus. :P

Alongside the date, why does it showcase an article on Black Tuesday? Although an important date in American history, why is that relevant to Alcatraz?

Edit: If anyone can piece something from this go ahead

Prohibition started 1920 and ended in 1933 (Characters are from this era)

Stock market Crash (Black Tuesday) was October 29 1929

Alcatraz became a Federal prison in 1934