MOTD Connection with Nacht

Its been forever sense ive been here so i dont know, my info may be off. But most of us know that the Easter egg is building a plan on the roof and escaping the island. If thats really what happens then doesn't it seem plausible that this might be the plane that crashes in Nacht..? i mean, this map does take place before any other map from what i know. So yeah haha just a thought

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time travel would have nothing to do with it.

If the plane took off from Alcatraz circa 1930's, crashed at Hanford and the damage it did was never repaired, it would still be there 200 years into the future, surely decayed beyond simple recognition, but still there. Not sure what you mean by, "apart from the 80 year time difference"

If I drive my car into the woods and crash it into a tree and the tree falls over, we have a crashed car and a fell tree. If no one moves that car or the tree, I can go back to the same site in 100 years and still find the crashed car and the fell tree.

Time travel would have nothing to do with it.

If the plane took off from Alcatraz circa 1930's, crashed at Hanford and the damage it did was never repaired, it would still be there 200 years into the future, surely decayed beyond simple recognition, but still there. Not sure what you mean by, "apart from the 80 year time difference"

If I drive my car into the woods and crash it into a tree and the tree falls over, we have a crashed car and a fell tree. If no one moves that car or the tree, I can go back to the same site in 100 years and still find the crashed car and the fell tree.

You'd find rusted pieces of car covered in ooze if anything.

• Administrators

On topic: Just as said before, the planes would not match. Here, we have a makeshift plane that is thoroughly created from spare materials and pretty basic appliances. The crashed plane found in Nacht der Untoten is...well, more refined than the one we will build in Mob of the Dead. It's a good perspective, though - I'm glad you made some form of connection with it. :)

You'd find rusted pieces of car covered in ooze if anything.

Yes, of course, entropy would have mangled and morphed the alloys, exposure to the elements would have altered the elements of the car, the tree would have surely decayed into not much more than detritus.

To an untrained eye, the scene would be anyone's guess as to what all this was, but for someone that has an understanding of forensic science, they could piece it together as a car crash. The point is not what would become of the car, but that it DID crash and the damage remains.

I think, if we're going to put this MotD airplane at a crash, it would be Green Run. Not only is that geographically feasible (both Alcatraz and Hanford are west coast), but we see the power lines that could have been damaged as the plane crashed, yet no plane itself in the areas we can explore. Since we can rule out the visible plane at NDU, we can speculate that IF a plane did crash at Green Run, it COULD be the plane we're about to assemble at Alcatraz, but we are only speculating that a plane even crashed at Green Run, we don't have any direct evidence. Damage to the power lines could have other causes instead of a plane crashing...

It's foolhardy to form a theory without SOME basis of evidence, but everyone does it anyways.

Well if there is suspicion of the Avagadro being created in an event in Alcatraz (like maybe 4 electric chairs somehow coming into play to kill the 4 mobsters and somehow turn them into a single electric ghost entity like the afterlife ghost) then there may be life to the "Plane crashes at GR" theory. Through some chain of unlikely events, which if we are honest is pretty much how the story goes for zombies, maybe the mobsters either brought or became the Avagadro and crashed, being the reason for his appearance at GR. But hey what do I know, it's just my first post.

Edit: Just realized someone made a thread about relatively the same theory. Go read that one.