Purgatory - Are time and energy the same?

So far, this is how I think Purgatory Mode works.

As we have heard, you spawn in to the game in Purgatory Mode. And to start the game, I believe you have to shock your character back into life. Your character will be marked by a blue eye symbol. In this video you don't see the shock, but you do see the blue eye indicator on only one of the motionless characters.

You will love my expert editing (free screen capture software use) in this I think LOL:

rufkD4Iurls

When you are in Purgatory Mode, you will have a time limit, that is indicated at the bottom of you screen, by a glowing blue eye symbol. This glow will fade from the right, as you run out of time.

I believe that the electric shock powers you have in this mode, that allow you to interact with characters, devices and zombies, if used will decrease your available time in Purgatory Mode. Below are 3 images captured from the XBL preview that show the rate of decrease in energy over seven or eight seconds. There is a five or six second gap between image 1 and image 2, but only a one or two second gap between image 2 and image 3. And in my opinion the difference in the energy bar has decreased more between the last two.

Image 1 - Spawn in with full power:

Image 2 (+5 or 6 seconds) - Look at the power before he zaps the zombies, its very close to full.

Image 3 (+1 or 2 seconds) - See the difference in the bar over this shorter period of time?

Now this also raises a few important questions:

1a) Im guessing that if you run out of power before reaching your character, or dont have enough left when you reach him you are done!

1b) Now do you respawn in, or are you out of the game?

2) Will you have enough power/time to complete multiple tasks before your juice is gone?

Damn, I had a couple more questions, but decided to read through it again and they have gone, so please add your thoughts, I'm gonna sleep on it.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe purgatory is like the perk whos who but not getting attacked. If you reach your character you may lose everything or get everything back I'm not positive. It's would be nice if this works just like whos who.

I think it will be like Who's Who, because you can have tokens to use Purgatory. However if you are downed without tokens, I'm not sure if you keep your loadout.

Yes there is a possibility that they wanted to keep who's who but couldn't if they wanted to add a new perk so they recycled it in afterlife mode which could very well be specific to this game mode (MOTD)

There is much more to it than just a revival. There will be elements of the game that can only be activated or powered wile in Purgatory Mode. I'm sure the easter egg will utilize Purgatory in many ways as well.

Yes there is a possibility that they wanted to keep who's who but couldn't if they wanted to add a new perk so they recycled it in afterlife mode which could very well be specific to this game mode (MOTD)

There is much more to it than just a revival. There will be elements of the game that can only be activated or powered wile in Purgatory Mode. I'm sure the easter egg will utilize Purgatory in many ways as well.

I know that much but if when you die you have the possibility to run back to your body and heal yourself, keeping your stuff, it will have a similar effect to Who's who, and some other effects like you said