There is More than One Side Quest

Hey guys, quick theory here.

In the Making Of video, it was discretely said that the players will love the side missions in this map. Notice how the man said "missions" as in "more than one mission." Which makes sense. How could these four new characters escaping have any effect on the core story? It only makes sense to have two separate missions (or Easter Eggs) with one focusing on our Prison 4 (building the plane) and another that focuses on advancing the story.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Also bear in mind that there seems to be multiple "endings" to this map. Some have even gone off and said that once you reach the Golden Gate Bridge - or where the man-made plan will take you - the final destination would be a reverse No Man's Land where only death is the way out.

There seems to be a few goals in order to chronologically finish the map in terms of story:

[*:13f61gk2] Everyone dies; the standard way of finishing the game.
    [*:13f61gk2] Completing the core Side Quest for the storyline. Going in Purgatory/Afterlife while finding these "clues" (as the devs called them) doesn't necessarily seem like any typical Side Quest.
    [*:13f61gk2] Escape via plane to an unknown location. PINNAZ had pointed out earlier that there seems to be rampway on top of the prison's roof facing the bridge(?).
    [*:13f61gk2] Electric chairs/forceful death?

• Moderators

This is the first time that Treyarch has publicly acknowledged the name of these Side Missions. We called them Easter Eggs out of force of habit. We called them Side Quests for a more fitting name. Well Treyarch has now told us that they are called Side Missions.

But Easter Eggs sound more fun in my opinion.

Oh well...gotta get used to that from now on, huh? :|

Well "Easter Egg" is just plain wrong. We only called them that out of habit. Easter Eggs are supposed to be fun gimmicks with no point. The Easter Eggs of Zombies grew slowly in size. Now they are so expansive they are NOT Easter Eggs anymore. They are Side Missions.

But some people started calling them Side Quests before the name Side Missions was released. I just think people should get used to saying what Treyarch has said they are called, since we now have a name for them.

I kinda like the whole you choose your destiny thing about it....i think that if your speculations are right i would probibly want to try them both just for pure entertainment it looks so awesome...and if you can only choose one or do both seperatly or in the same game that would be different also.

Also bear in mind that there seems to be multiple "endings" to this map. Some have even gone off and said that once you reach the Golden Gate Bridge - or where the man-made plan will take you - the final destination would be a reverse No Man's Land where only death is the way out.

There seems to be a few goals in order to chronologically finish the map in terms of story:

[*:rzirzsvb] Everyone dies; the standard way of finishing the game.
    [*:rzirzsvb] Completing the core Side Quest for the storyline. Going in Purgatory/Afterlife while finding these "clues" (as the devs called them) doesn't necessarily seem like any typical Side Quest.
    [*:rzirzsvb] Escape via plane to an unknown location. PINNAZ had pointed out earlier that there seems to be rampway on top of the prison's roof facing the bridge(?).
    [*:rzirzsvb] Electric chairs/forceful death?

They crash at Natch der Untoten, they obtain soldier uniforms some how, and then fend of their lives, thus starting the zombie storyline.

IT'S ALL A GAME :shock:

there always have been multiple side quests. a maxis side and a richtofen side

I meant two completely different missions altogether. Yes, there has been two separate side missions in TranZit and Die Rise, but they were relatively similar to each other and ended with similar results: a powered up tower.

What I meant by this was that there would be two completely separate side missions, with one being building and using the plane, while the other would be unknown.

This is the first time that Treyarch has publicly acknowledged the name of these Side Missions. We called them Easter Eggs out of force of habit. We called them Side Quests for a more fitting name. Well Treyarch has now told us that they are called Side Missions.

The name "Side-Quest" was initiated from the COD: Zombies Panel last year, in which devs specifically referred to the Side Missions as Side-Quests.

But I agree, Side Missions is more fitting and appropriate.