No Power? ~Theory~

Hi guys it's Nai here (again)!

This is just a theory I have about MotD after watching the Behind the Scenes Trailer.

Now we all have seen these Volts things next to the two perk machines we have seen. And in Afterlife mode we are seemingly able to shoot electricity out of our hands. This would seem like a way to power our machines. We also see (on the escape plan picture) a blue thing shooting energy into the Volts meter.

Volts Meter:

PS: I can't take screenshots atm so if someone could find these things and post the shots here I would love that :)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... If we power these things separately from a normal power switch, I hope and pray that:

A: These perks still work without power (F-u tranzit)

B: we have at least roundly access to purgatory... (can we start calling it purges? Lol)

I think maybe each round we might get a token to enter Purgatory for a certain amount of time... So after say 10 rounds, using each token for a perk, we could have them all unlocked.

Or, is it like a gernade where we have it refuel half way or so each round and fully every 2-3 rounds?

OR

Do we buy more every few rounds? 1 being the max...

OR

Does it get refilled by max Amos only?

I believe we will be obtaining one each round, 9 being the max at once (due to the "A cat has 9 lives" writing on the escape plan)

Whats interesing is the Loading Screen/Plan Page shows "AfterLife" = Power. I'm thinking that in the Power Room you have to enter into "AfterLife" & Shock/Zap the Power Box to restore Power to Alcatraz. But in the mean time you could enter "AfterLife" & Shock/Zap these Voltage meters to Power them w/out Power. Basically...

Whats interesing is the Loading Screen/Plan Page shows "AfterLife" = Power. I'm thinking that in the Power Room you have to enter into "AfterLife" & Shock/Zap the Power Box to restore Power to Alcatraz. But in the mean time you could enter "AfterLife" & Shock/Zap these Voltage meters to Power them w/out Power. Basically...

I guess... Since we see a piece of writing saying "Power lies below" or something like that (maybe a secret room accessed by going into Purgatory?

I guess... Since we see a piece of writing saying "Power lies below" or something like that (maybe a secret room accessed by going into Purgatory?

Or you have to Unlock it by entering one of those Portals that they show.

I think the portals are hidden in the walls... We see one of them in the trailer, where he goes in to the little room and charges the meter...

I think the portals are hidden in the walls... We see one of them in the trailer, where he goes in to the little room and charges the meter...

Yea, You said via a hidden room during Purgatory & I responded with one of the portals.

Basically just agreeing w/ you.

I was agreeing too, just stating a fact :)

All I know about purgatory is that every round you get a shock charge, in solo it's 3 max. So you can't exactly save them up (of course this may still be tweaked).

With these charges you can warp zombies, or activate the main power.

If the warden destroys a perk, you will have to recharge that perk with a shock charge.

If you die you also get the chance to revive yourself just as if it where who's who, using the charges.