NEW Mob of the Dead Preview Trailer Analysis + Screenshots

• Administrators

Hello friendos! As you know, the most recent preview trailer of Mob of the Dead was released exclusively after the Call of Duty Championships on the Xbox 360. For those who have not witnessed/seen the trailer, check out GRILL's thread containing the video here:

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=30523

In all this haze and excitement, we have seen many, many new and interesting details that are brand spanking new! If you aren't on the edge of your seat, then you are on the edge of bullsh-t.

Let us begin our dissection into what we can find within the trailer!

The harbor/dock. This means we'll be going far along the island, and not just the courtyard. This seems like a dangerous area to stay in, but it may hold some kind of safe zone momentarily, or even contain a part for a buildable/important item. First image in, and it already feels creepy.

The power room? There are no switches, but this seems like a potential area. In fact, it seems like a nice place to train a bit. There's a ton of space going on here, with wires stretching across the floor. It wouldn't be too surprising if this were somehow to main power room, or the link between multiple(?) power switches.

A nice image of what seems to be the main lower level of the prison. Here, we see a newly-made HUD, as well as the eye symbol being some kind of stacked objective (meaning we can collect the symbols or partake in events). There is a trap to the left side. There are the characters' names on the side of our points. For what reason, I do not know.

What you may have already noticed is that the whole feel has been altered with this POV (point of view). There's a little more to this new interface than meets the eye; more story-based content?

The Tommy Gun is now official! While this image may not show it, the Nuke power drop is actually gravitating towards us as if we hold some kind of magnetic property (see trailer). A new persistent upgrade? Also, the top-left corner seems to be where our items that are able to be picked up will display from now on.

A lift is available, possibly from the prison itself to the outside harbor/dock. I think of it like the object from Shi No Numa. One thing you may have noticed is the eye symbol on the left side. We understand that this symbol has appeared throughout the map; on surfaces, as floating icons, and more places than we can count. We'll be seeing this icon more than we thought.

The steps to escaping from Alcatraz. I have a feeling that this is not going to be as easy as it is written. These may very well hold some kind of key to determining what the Easter Egg will be for this map.

The eye symbol makes a return with someone saying that they can't get the symbol out of their head. This will allude to the new Purgatory/Afterlife mode. We will heavily need that mode in order to solve the new Side Quest.

Escape Plan concept design. We are going to create some form of plane to escape.

A very eerie image of four electric chairs with the sign "No One Escapes Alive". Could this be our way to "end" the game?

A good look at our new crew. From what the devs had said, we aren't actors playing as the mob guys; we are the mob guys playing as other mob guys. Kind of a confusing way to state it, really.

Something interesting to look at: We see the Electric Cherry bottle, the Tommy Gun, and the Blundergat (new Wonder Weapon).

One of our playable characters holding the Ak-47. Yes, you read right - we'll have the Ak-47 in Zombies now.

Somebody seems to have the new perk, Electric Cherry. There is also a trap closeby.

The Blundergat (Pack-a-Punched) in action against the zombie boss.

The new zombie boss. It has its own level, and is quite hard to take down. From what is gathered, it can break perk machines and Mystery Boxes. You may need heavy artillery for this zombie.

The new Hellhound of some sort. Yes folks, it is lodged into the wall. Suppose that it has come out of a portal, only to feast on the zombies (see trailer for this). You can shoot it, but it won't do anything to you from what we've seen. Part of the Side Quest?

The new mode, Purgatory a.k.a. Afterlife. It seems like Who's Who, but even trippier. You roam around with no weapon but your hands. There are various glowing areas that can be interacted with, including those weird eye symbols all over the map. The devs claim that we will need this mode to solve certain clues for the Side Quest.

You can attack zombies by shooting lightning bolts at them. Could it really be "Him"...? [Credit to FatedTitan for this hypothesis]

Note the player has the eye symbol over him. Something about him (or the perk machine) needs to be interacted with in this mode.

There are different areas in which can only be accessible in Purgatory mode. From where, there is an electric switch that can be shot at and turned on...interesting!

The acidic trap, as mentioned prior to this recent trailer. It seems to do its job very quickly, decimating any zombies who hold victim in the surrounding area.

A new trap has been introduced - the Fan Trap! It remind me of a very deadly version of the Flogger from Shi No Numa...sliced zombie, anyone?

A very intricate model of our new Wonder Weapon, the Blundergat.

The Blundergat in action looks very promising. It is a combination of a gatling gun with a shotgun, with the Civil War feel to it.

How to Pack-a-Punched Blundergat looks. The area is dark, so we don't exactly get the greatest detail with this image. But notice the green flowing through it.

What happens when you shoot the Pack-a-Punched Blundergat into a zombie? Think Scavenger, friendos. In an acidic form. ;)

The new boss attacking Perk Machines. From the trailer, we are also told that it can ravage Mystery Boxes. Think of it as our favorite pal, George Romero but slightly easier to kill.

The new perk, Electric Cherry. It is said to deliver shockwaves to surrounding zombies as to stun them. Sounds familiar?

An effect from reloading while having the Electric Cherry perk. It resembles PhD Flopper, but only with the simple action of reloading your gun. Awesome!

The zombie shield has made its official return! The design interface is a bit different, but looks to be consisted of our usual two parts - the dolly, and a handle.

Any further screenshots and images will soon be updated into this.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Great work! So pumped for this map!

Also, it's Bludergat, not Glunderbat ;)

I will fix that accordingly. I don't know what made me thing "Glunderbat". :lol:

Also about the items you can see in the top right hand corner?

It appears to be something that can be obtained, possibly a different location to hold items instead of having them display on the bottom screen. Good eye!

Am I the only one that thinks that afterlife symbol looks similar to the VRIL spacecraft drawings?

Just Google Tesla and vril and it's one of the first images to come up. Nikola Tesla's technology has been behind nearly everything at Der Riese ad more, wouldn't be surprised to see more of his technology come up, especially since he can be linked to the towers and everything being used now to control the zombies, I think the Vril and Tesla have a larger role in this story than a lot of us are realizing.

Great job putting this together, Lithium! The trailer was awesome, and makes me want to play the map EVEN more! Damn Treyarch... Making us wait another 7 days!?!?!? :(:lol: Anyway this map looks insane.

Also at 5:43 in the BtS trailer, there is a gun known as Reznov's Revenge. Include it in the post ;)

Great analysis for a great looking map! If you listen at around 4:19 on the vid I'm pretty sure I can hear Sam saying 'Max Ammo'. Does this mean we have Sam back?

Really looking forward to this! Hopefully the egg is solo like COTDs was.

EDIT- At 5:22 is that a new tactical grenade? and if you look at the top left of the screen at some parts of the video you can see the parts that characters are holding e.g. a key at 1:58, ring at 2:00 etc.

Would post images but don't have much time.

If this map works, and it is what it is, then this may be the best map though-out the zombie experience.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it.

But the image of the electric chairs has some sort of suspension ropes behind them, the electric chairs are probably on the golden gate bridge. That'll be what the plane is for no doubt. The electric chairs combined with purgatory will probably be our way of getting back to Alcatraz, so I'm also guessing that the golden gate bridge is where the Pack A Punch is.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it.

But the image of the electric chairs has some sort of suspension ropes behind them, the electric chairs are probably on the golden gate bridge. That'll be what the plane is for no doubt. The electric chairs combined with purgatory will probably be our way of getting back to Alcatraz, so I'm also guessing that the golden gate bridge is where the Pack A Punch is.

I suspect the Golden Gate Bridge will be some NML-type deal, where the onslaught just keeps coming, but we have Pack-A-Punch and electric chairs as our "teleporter". I imagine this will also be a prime location for the Warden to spawn and just completely wreck us.

What is odd to me is No Quick Revive. I wonder how that will come into play on Solo. Also with the Power-Ups, You can retrieve them by throwing the TomaHawk at it you get from the HellHound.

Maybe we will have to purchase or find a way to obtain extra Purgatory "tokens", so when we go down, we lose one, or we can use it before death to move around and find hidden little secrets.

What is odd to me is No Quick Revive. I wonder how that will come into play on Solo. Also with the Power-Ups, You can retrieve them by throwing the TomaHawk at it you get from the HellHound.

Maybe we will have to purchase or find a way to obtain extra Purgatory "tokens", so when we go down, we lose one, or we can use it before death to move around and find hidden little secrets.

Yea, that's kind of what I had Imagined. But the Loading Screen/Plan Paper showed "A Cat has 9 Lives". I thought that may have to deal with "AfterLife". But maybe not.

Yea, that's kind of what I had Imagined. But the Loading Screen/Plan Paper showed "A Cat has 9 Lives". I thought that may have to deal with "AfterLife". But maybe not.

Maybe it means we can only have 9 tokens at a time? Maybe that is an achievement to do with Purgatory:

9 Lives:

Obtain 9 Purgatory tokens at the same time in one game of Mob of the Dead

Maybe it means we can only have 9 tokens at a time? Maybe that is an achievement to do with Purgatory:

9 Lives:

Obtain 9 Purgatory tokens at the same time in one game of Mob of the Dead

Or 9 Lives total. That would be funny though if there's an achievement for that. "Do I look like a Cat"

I don't think he is by himself as when he is running down the corridor and zombie is following him.

There's one main zombie, one big zombie that's gonna come through and wreck havoc on your life

he'll lock down the perk machine, he'll close down the box, so you have to pay to get that open again, so you don't want him to interfere with your process.

So all he does is just lock things down and you have to pay to use them, again.

Him locking down Speed Cola.

When he dies, he seems to say:

Why are you hurt me?

Inst-Kill affects him (or he was just on low health).

Well, what an EPIC trailer. There is so much involved & going on, we were probably not even shown half of it.

Great analysis too Mr Lithium. A few things I noticed.

Anyone see what I can see?

A ramp on the roof!

Concept Art?

At first I thought this was a Perk Machine? Prob not?

Round 6 has ended while the "Boss" is still active.

Blue player scored 1360 points?

Round 7 has started

The "Boss" is killed & the players get 750 & 500 points for it

Rather than the Lightning Bolt on the wall directing you to the Power Switch, the writing is directing you to the Docks

"Docks"

"POWER IS FOUND

ON LOWER GROUND"

Looks like the Docks, looks like a fair bit of power here

And probably my favorite. The BLUNDERGAT

More Dragons

The Blunderbuss Gun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blunderbuss

The term dragon is taken from the fact that early versions were decorated with a carving in the form of a mythical dragon's head around the muzzle; the muzzle blast would then give the impression of a fire-breathing dragon.

Blunderbuss/Dragon Pistol

The blunderbuss, and especially the dragon, was typically issued to troops such as cavalry, who needed a lightweight, easily handled firearm. The dragon became so associated with cavalry and mounted infantry that the term dragoon became synonymous with mounted infantry. In addition to the cavalry, the blunderbuss found use for other duties in which the shotgun-like qualities were desirable, such as for guarding prisoners or defending a mail coach, and its use for urban combat was also recognized. Blunderbusses were also commonly carried by officers on naval warships, privateers and by pirates for use in close-quarters boarding actions.

Image owner http://www.ebay.com/itm/111025150290?redirect=mobile