The Blundergat (Wonder Weapon) discussion thread

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stated it several times. It is no secret.

A Wonder Weapon is a weapon that utilizes 115 prior to being upgraded via the Pack-A-Punch.

My view is right. You can choose not to accept that. Doesn't make it any less right. Like I said with the Flat Earth Society, they can believe the Earth is flat all day. But Neil Armstrong knows otherwise. I've acknowledged all of your counterarguments. I've countered, successfully, too.

Perfect, if that is what you think it is, then you would actually agree that the Jet Gun is mundane and NOT a Wonder Weapon? Still though, that is basing it off of your gut and not following ANY actual definition at all.

~

Special Weapons: These are weapons that fire ammunition in a form besides bullet and 115. They exist few in number.

Wonder Weapons: These are weapons that fire 115. They exist few in number.

Anyone wanna add?

Based on this, BOII ones are in fact NOT Wonder Weapons. The definitions we HAVE say YOU are wrong. But you're going to try to change the question based on some pre-conceived notion that you are right? How do you feel even remotely justified in that?

The irony enters in with your use of the flat earth society.

Back before everyone knew the world was round, i'm sure there were some who said it was. Why did they say it was round? Well, because they knew we wouldn't have our sophisticated rotation/solar system / night-day setup we have here on earth if it was. And they knew we would have to accept this fact one day as we went on in learning.

You my friend in this instance are the flat earth society, not us. You refuse to except this new knowledge of a round earth (read:wonder weapons)and cling defiantly to the old BO1 and prior WW roots. But, just as with the world, we learn, and so far from what we learned the earth is round.

One last poorly crafted metaphor before I sign off for the night.

Since you and I are the main focal points of this discussion (the maxis and richtofen if you will) we are incapable of being objective. Of course we want to be right. It's natural. So we leave it up to the others to decide what is and what isn't. They have spoken. You accuse me of having a pre-concieved notion that I'm right, but we could say that about both of us. But since almost everyone else seems to agree with me, and we are both being incredibly subjective...

That makes you right?

I think I confused myself somewhere in there. That can't be right. :mrgreen:

It's late. I'll leave you girls to it for the night. Ta-ta!

I think PerfectLemonade said it right.

Back in the day, with what there was, the formulated definitions of what was a Wonder Weapon made sense more or less. However, times have changed, and Treyarch is doing more and more things to mix up the pre-existing standards of Zombies. I'm in for the ride.

And I personally don't think the Jet Gun is a real Wonder Weapon. No more than the Trample Steam is. But the Sliquifier and probably the upcoming Blundergat are true Wonder Weapons... weapons that fill a weapons slot of yours and have very much enhanced powers to kill zombies, far above your typical weapons.

Oh lenne, the constant peace keeper. :D

MMX is and always will be one of the members on this site to whom I feel immense respect. Even if we disagree on one topic I still admire you as one of the best members of this site. :)

I mean, I see what you're saying with everything in your argument and I understand what you think. And now I've reached the point where our opinions will likely never change. And so in conclusion I say that the blundergat is definitely going to be an amazingly powerful and fun... Thingy. :mrgreen: I'm sure we can agree on that much.

Plus this is the first debate in which I've participated where my adversary was a competent intelligent human being, CoDz or IRL. So I'll give you that.

I don't have much more to say on the subject now, but when the map is out I'll be back to talk about how beastly this thingy is sure to be. :twisted:

Love y'allz!

-EJ

After playing the map a bit, I can offer this information about the Blundergat:

-It's a box weapon.

-You can get 3 parts found in the main building of Alcatraz, and put them on the workbench in the cafeteria to upgrade it to an acid-firing gun.

-You can also PaP this upgraded weapon on the bridge, making the zombies chase after the shots like after Awful Lawton shots from BO1.

I don't remember the names of the variants of the weapons or their ammo count, though. Also be advised that the basic version of this gun makes crawlers.

I haven't gotten the Blundergat myself yet, but I saw a video on the acid upgrades where it has 120+ rounds in it after acid upgrade. Like a said, I haven't gotten lucky enough with the box to get it yet but I would assume that it have 90+ rounds in it.

I think both sides of the argument are correct.

The kicker is who is correct for which game. MMX is definitely describing assets of "wonder weapons" from black ops 1.

and EJ, a more broad inclusive definition seems to apply to black ops 2.

I think it's time to step back and consider the possibility that what may have been considered "wonder weaponry" in black ops 1 and black ops 2 may overlap into a broader category.

I do NOT agree that a "wonder weapon" MUST use 115 as its source. see the VR-11 even in black ops as an example. I think 115 is definitely one source for wonder weapons, but not the only source.

We can obviously seen that with black ops 2 they have ushered in a lot of new plot points and possibilities within the zombies world we know, part of which includes our friends using their very limited post apocalyptic resources to craft wonder weapons. Also our pre WWII inmates finding a frankenstein civil war era wonder weapon in the mystery box.

But when we take a term that originated in past games and have that be mutually exclusive from subsequent maps and games, you just further blur the lines

• 1 year later...

Well this weapon is a quadruple-barrelled shotgun whose name comes from the mix of BlunderBuss and Gatling Gun. Although it has four barrells, it fires the four at once, as the magazine icon shows. It's not a one-hit-kill weapon anytime, at round 30 (more or less) starts blowing out limbs. When pack-a-punched it comes the Sweeper, and it fires two round before reloading. His damage increases considerably, being a one-hit-kill until round 50. It can even kill 10 zombies with a single shot (OMG). The green version you can see is the Acidgat, weapon that can be obtained by building the Acidgat Kit and putting there the Blundergat or the Sweeper (in this case it will become the Vitriolic Withering). The acidgat fires 3 acid pellets at one time which attracts the zombies and then explode, like the Awful Lawton or the Monkey Bomb. His damage also increase, but his functionality is to save you when you are cornered (this is easier having the Zombie Shield, Speed Cola and the Electric Cherry)

Well this weapon is a quadruple-barrelled shotgun whose name comes from the mix of BlunderBuss and Gatling Gun. Although it has four barrells, it fires the four at once, as the magazine icon shows. It's not a one-hit-kill weapon anytime, at round 30 (more or less) starts blowing out limbs. When pack-a-punched it comes the Sweeper, and it fires two round before reloading. His damage increases considerably, being a one-hit-kill until round 50. It can even kill 10 zombies with a single shot (OMG). The green version you can see is the Acidgat, weapon that can be obtained by building the Acidgat Kit and putting there the Blundergat or the Sweeper (in this case it will become the Vitriolic Withering). The acidgat fires 3 acid pellets at one time which attracts the zombies and then explode, like the Awful Lawton or the Monkey Bomb. His damage also increase, but his functionality is to save you when you are cornered (this is easier having the Zombie Shield, Speed Cola and the Electric Cherry)

excellent reply my friend. however,this map has been out for 13 months now (didnt realize its been that long wow) so im sure everyone knows this, the only thing necessary to say is that the Blundergat...is...awesome....nuff said. lololol. great reply though